Did the world turn into a game?
390 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It really was not a dream; I had travelled to the past. I went from being shocked to excited and then to being scared. Only I knew what was to come, but I was one insignificant person amongst the masses with no power or influence to change anything.

As I struggled to come to terms with what I was experiencing, numerous white beams fell out of the sky, covering the whole earth, extracting every human being.

Whoosh

When I realised what had happened, I was in a very familiar white hall, the hall was so large, it could contain 10 billion human beings arranged in a set formation. People were grouped according to their ages. Each person was currently standing in the middle of a 1x1 square tile, everyone’s movement at this stage was restricted to this square tile which made people around me confused and some already started to panic.

Unlike the others I did not panic, I started recalling all the events that were to follow this transfer. Next should be a welcome address, rules and then we should all be sent off to the tutorial. While I was busy thinking about all these, a ball of light slowly floated down from what I can only call the sky, no one knew where it came from or what it was.

From the light, the childlike voice could be heard again, only this time the voice was not coming from inside our heads.

[Welcome test subjects from Earth – 9428. You can call me AI.X.]

[I am here to congratulate you all for becoming representatives for human beings on Earth – 9428 codename Terra.]

[This place is known as the “The Hall of Selection”, I have investigated Terra’s technology progress. Even though there is nothing impressive to note, video games were developed, I will dumb down my explanation using the video game terminology which you earthlings understand.]

[First thing first.]

[Each of you will be transported to a testing ground, where you will be given a quest.]

[Your performance in this test will determine your starting attributes. So go all out!]

[Testing will soon begin. Prepare for combat.]

The moment they heard the sentence, every man, woman, and child were teleported to a blank white room alone. In the middle of the room was an unarmed green-skinned human-looking monster. It had long pointy ears like an elf as described in Lord of the Rings, and it moved around on all fours like Gollum.

Mia: Goblin.

[Defeat the enemy to complete the test.]

[Weapons will be provided during this test.] 

[Select your weapon.]

A screen appeared in front of me with a long list of weapons, it had a picture next to each weapon and a little tooltip describing each weapon. 

I quickly scanned the list looking for a particular weapon.

‘Shit! It's not there,’ I thought

Mia: Sword and Shield!

["Sword and Shield" is not listed; this has now been added to the list. 5 Attribute Points (AP) have been awarded to you.]

Without waiting for AI.X to complete his monologue, I hid behind the shield, resting my sword on the top of the shield pointing towards the Goblin as I charged forward. 

Coming back to the past did not change anything, I had the knowledge of the future but physically I was still the same. I didn't have any skills and like every other human, it was very likely to even lose the battle with a goblin, but I wasn't prepared to fail.

ARGH

I yelled with all my might as I continued running, slamming my shield into the goblin who was caught unprepared by my sudden charge. 

The goblin staggered away from my shield, its throat pierced by my sword. The goblin held on to its neck as the cut squirted green blood. Without giving the monster any chance to regain its balance, I swung my sword to decapitate the goblin.

Thud, I hit the ground, I was physically drained.

[Testing complete.]

[Reward: Legendary Random Chest.]

[For being the first to complete the test, the title “Mankind’s Hope” has been awarded.]

[Status will be available before the next phase.]

 

Mia is not here to joke people.

Chapter 4 incoming...

12