Old Town
295 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been 3 weeks since the class training phase of the tutorial was completed. Crowds of people who have already made this tutorial generated town their base of operation filled the streets. There was nothing special about the town, buildings were made of bricks and the roads were paved. It had a town centre which was right in front of the town hall. There was an Adventurer Guild, Temple, Forge, Tanning House and a General Store in the town. 

Walking out of the usual light that transferred me from village 6 here, I looked around at the busy town centre. I already knew the disadvantage of spending a lot of time in the class training phase, everyone would have already formed factions, it was always human nature to group up to survive. I was starting on the back foot, but that would not be for long.

A faction was a 10-man group of mercenaries with a similar goal, this was similar to a guild. A guild is a much larger organisation, almost the size of a kingdom, guild leaders were indeed rulers in some respects. The conditions for forming a guild was to have an entire party (5-man group) at level 10. Obtain a guild creation token and lastly visit the guildhall outside of the tutorial area.

Everyone had to complete a registration at the town hall after they were spawned in the town. 10 billion humans were randomly transferred to different versions of the town to complete their tutorial. This reduced the amount of traffic but also increased the competition. Human adaptability was something that was unexplainable; people had already started learning professions, some manning stalls, others working in shops. This town is called Old Town.

I walked to the town hall to complete my registration.

[Do you want to keep your old name or create a new name?]

Mia: Keep my old name

[“Mia Rose”, is that correct?]

Mia: Yes!

[Welcome to Town #2647, Mia Rose.]

[New Quest: Learn a Profession.]

Gathering Profession

Crafting Profession

Fishing

Cooking

Herbalism

Alchemy

Inscription

Mining

Blacksmithing

Engineering

Jewel Crafting

Skinning

Leatherworking

Tailoring

Enchanting

Every single person at the moment should be out in the grassy plains killing wolves. Some who were smart would have gone around the town looking for any chain quest that gave additional experience.

Experience (XP) is gained as characters progress through the game and complete missions or achieve objectives.

I already had a plan on how to overcome the level gap. There was a repeatable gathering quest that gave a fair amount of XP. Even though I could complete the quest by myself, for the plan to work I will be needing a lot of leather.

Mia: Skinning!

[Quest complete / 0 XP]

Making my way from the town hall into the busy streets, I could see people all over the place, who now called themselves players; I guess everyone still thought this was a game. Everyone had a different class, players in robes, some with pets and others dressed as knights with swords on their backs or around their waist. People had gotten into roleplaying, while others were busy making the most of the system; levelling up and getting stronger.

Soon I arrived at a building with a signboard indicating it was the Tanning House. I made my way to the leatherworker who was currently in tears in the corner of the shop. “Help me,” he said, “The lord of this town has ordered a very expensive wolf rug to be made by the end of the week. Unfortunately I have run out of wolf leather. If I don't get this made in time, it will be my head.” he cried as he spoke.

There was no compassion in my eyes. All the NPCs in the tutorial area were all parts of the system. They were created using scenarios the system copied from earth's games, this was to allow for a smoother transition in the latter part of the game.

Mia: That's ok, what do you need me to do?

[New Quest: Collect 25  pieces of wolf leather]

This was it! The quest that would be my rocket to the top. I would need to get at least four more players before the plan can start.

Next, I walked to the temple. This was a place that usually housed the priest's instructors, it was also a place for reviving after dying in Terria. The training those who selected the priest class had was a little different to other classes; they had to spend a few weeks training with the mages, when that was completed they were assigned a week at the temple of their respective towns for further training. Although it has been 3 weeks, I was still hoping to find at least one healer hanging around the temple.

I walked up to the NPC receptionist.

 Mia: "Are there still any priests training in the temple?

"No, but there is one person who just finished her training today” the NPC receptionist replied.

Not long after the enquiry, a  lady in a white robe walked towards the reception.

I remembered her, she was Silver Xerez. She had an unforgettable nickname in my past life; the slow healer. She died in the first fight in the invasion of the barbarians race. After the battle was lost, everyone put the blame on her even though she died trying her best. 

“If only she could have healed the tanks quicker-- then the defence line would not have been broken. We would not have lost as badly as we had.”  The blame culture had also carried over into Terria.

Mia: Priest Silver, I am the one that requested your presence. I am Mia Rose, a warrior Tank and would like to form a team with you.

Silver was shocked. 'Does this person even know about the rumours spreading around the town? I am the slow healer they talk of, why would she want to team up with me? I was just looking to complete my training and start working on my profession in order to survive in this world. Was this another prank?’ she thought.

Mia: Seeing the look on her face, I added, "I know that there are the rumours of your slow healing. That doesn't matter to me, unlike other warriors, I spent a lot of time working on my skills in the class training phase pushing my attributes to the maximum level. I can assure you that with me, you don’t have to worry about your healing speed.

Mia: Why not give it a shot, you have nothing to lose, if it doesn't work out, I can only blame myself for not being strong enough.

"Okay, Mia Rose, you are right I do have nothing to lose. I will team up with you for now." Silver replied after taking a moment to think.

Mia: System Invite Silver to Party!

[Party created 2/5]

 

Mia Rose

Silver Xerez

-

-

-

Mia: Let’s go, we need 3 damage dealers. I think the adventurers guild should have people who will be willing to sign a contract with us for a short time.

We walked to the adventurer guild. Upon entering through its large double doors, a system announcement rang out to everyone.

[Town #2647 Announcement: Congratulations to “Lone” for being the first person to reach Level 5.]

[Town #2647 Announcement: “Lone” has been awarded a basic guild creation token.]

8