Factions
311 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I am telling you, Lone is the boss of the {Lone Survivors} faction that was created 3 weeks ago.” this was heard by almost everyone, someone was having another loud discussion in the adventurers guild.

“I heard they have a lot of priests in their faction.” another person chipped in.

“I'm sure that with this announcement, more people will be trying to get into that faction.” the loud person continued, it looked like it was some sort of advertisement play that these two were putting on, trying to spread the word that [Lone Survivors] were recruiting. Discussions of this kind would probably be happening in various corners of the town, they had to hit the iron while it was still hot.

‘Sadly, they cannot create a guild until level 10,’ I thought to myself as we walked to the front desk.

At the front desk was another generic generated human-looking NPC. I thought it looked very realistic, a few things still gave it away. One being its emotions! I don't think the system fully understood human emotion, even if it did, it could not replicate it.

Mia: I want to register a faction.

“Understood, registration is free. You need at least 2 members to complete the registration. Enter the name of the faction and its members here.” the clerk replied.

Faction Name: {Unstoppable}

[Name unavailable]

Faction Name: {Last Stand}

[Name unavailable]

Faction Name: {GODs}

[Name unavailable]

 

Faction Name: {Candy Shop}

Faction Level: 1

Members: Mia and Silver (2/10)

I walked to the centre of the room and shouted, {Candy Shop} is looking to hire 3 damage dealers (DD’s) for one quest. We are looking for a warrior, a ranger or rogue and a mage. The pay is negotiable after the job is complete.

“{Candy Shop}? A new faction?” someone asked in the busy hall.

“Is that not the 50cent song from 2003, damn that takes me back I'll take you to the candy shop, I'll let you lick the lollipop. Go 'head girl don't you stop. Keep going 'til you hit the spot, whoa” someone started singing and rapping the song as a joke.

“Never heard of them, isn’t that the slow healer?” another person noticed Silver standing next to me. “There is no way I am joining that suicide squad.”

After all that commotion, only a group of 3 showed interest. It was time to meet these 3 properly. Sitting in front of me on my left was a man called Loody, he was a Viking looking man of the warrior class. He had golden-grey blonde hair, short stubble facial hair and a scar on his left cheek. His skin was covered in red tattoo markings, which were left visible due to his choice of armour. He wore a shoulder guard as the only chest armour and a set of tasset, cuisse, poleyn, greaves and sabaton on his legs.

‘He must be a rage warrior of the berserker line and uses a 2handed axe or sword’ i thought 

He was the leader of a commissioned mercenary group. They were people for hire who helped out with quests and missions. His group was made up of a rage warrior (Loody), a fire mage called Srebrna and a ranger called Maya with her pet wolf. Before the negotiation, I was presented with an ultimatum for their participation. I had to give 70% of the reward as payment; This was mainly because he had no faith in the healer and my tanking since I was still wearing beginner armour from the class training phase.

Mia: Deal, provided we can get your help for a week. 

“Let's get the contract drafted by the system,” Loody said after agreeing to my additional condition.

Mia: System Invite Loody, Srebrna and Maya to Party!

[Party created 5/5]

 

Mia Rose

Level 1

Silver Xerez

Level 1

Loody 

Level 3

Srebrna

Level 3

Maya 

Level 3

In Terria, there was no such thing as quest difficulty; you took what you got here. Some players at one stage even stopped collecting quests to solely focus on killing monsters and selling loot.

Old Town had four exits in cardinal directions. East led to the rocky mountains, this was somewhere only the brave went to explore. North lead to grassy plains where wolves could be found in a large amount. This was also the place where players went hunting the most. South led to the dungeons and the west led to the wastelands.

I led my group to the west gate which led to the wastelands, I had previously shared my mission with silver and only informed Loody and the rest about the monsters to be hunted.  

‘Why are we at the west gate’ they all thought.

Noticing the uncomfortable faces of the party, I decided to say something before people started leaving.

Mia: The west side also has wolves, the numbers cannot compare with the north side but it should be enough for us. Since we will be the only party here to farm the leather.

Farming refers to a gaming tactic where a player performs repetitive actions to gain experience or loot.

It was time to open up my wealth of knowledge, there was a rock not far from the west gate that could be used for a certain strategy in hunting wolves. The party composition was key, but it ultimately was determined by how skilled the tank was. Leading my group to the location I remembered, it was time to brief them on the plan.

Mia: I know Loody, Srebrna and Maya have experience of working together, but for this mission, I hope you can listen to my instructions?

“Sure, you are the boss,” Srebrna said jokingly “Since you are paying” she added.

Mia: Silver, you don’t have to worry, just heal as normal. Do you have <Prayer of Mending> and <Heal>?”

These two skills were the bread and butter of any healer at this level.

“I have <Prayer of Mending> and <Medic> instead of <Heal>,” Silver said, trying not to draw attention to herself.

Mia: Don't tell me you are not a normal priest.

‘Damn it all, I finally understand. She is not a Priest, she must have activated and completed the trial for a hidden class; Buff Priest. I finally understand why she is called a slow healer, she has been playing her class wrong,' I thought.

Mia: What is your class?

“Buff Priest” silver replied

Mia: I think you have been playing your class like a normal priest. That is the wrong way to go. Buffers are preventive healers; healers that heal before any damage is done, all your skills will work as Heal over Time (HoT). On the other hand, normal priests are reactive healers; they only heal after damage is taken. Do you see the difference now? No matter how much you try to heal after damage is taken, it will always be considered slow as there is no big burst to your heals. Silver don't belittle yourself, you have one of the best classes in this New World, if no one sees your worth, I do.

Mia: The plan is simple. Srebrna, Maya and Silver will be standing on the rock. Srebrna cast <Fireball> when your mana allows it; don't aim for the wolves, aim for the ground in front of me. Maya use normal arrows to keep the wolves at bay, if any wolf makes its way past me, hit it with a <Concussion Arrow>. Silver cast <Prayer of Mending> on me and use <Medic> on Xeno when it is available.

I picked up a handful of rocks as I ran ahead, activating <Bunker> and <Ignore Pain>. I kept tossing the rocks in areas where I knew the wolves were hiding in wait, and not long after, I had 10 wolves on my tail.

Mia: Prepare for battle.

9