Second Achievement
287 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mia: Did any of you get a system message just now?

“No” everyone replied simultaneously.

Mia: I just received a message from the system.

“What notification?” “What did it say?” questions were asked all at the same time.

‘I couldn’t tell the group the truth about knowing the future,’ I thought

Mia: It is probably because I am the party leader as well as the faction leader that I was able to receive more information from the system. The notification contained information about the second achievement; It would be a type of test for the party. 

Hearing the word achievement, the group got excited. In this type of world, who didn’t want to survive?

I waited until the excitement had calmed down, we still had to complete the test before obtaining the achievement.

Mia: Ok, I’ll explain it as simply as I can. If we can survive without killing any monsters for 1 minute we will get a basic level reward, 3 minutes for a normal level reward, 5 minutes for a hard level reward and lastly 10 minutes for the insane level reward, this is also the one that gives the achievement that we want.

Mia: My DEF attribute is at 53 and with Silver here, I believe we should be able to complete the insane level. Remember: we fail as soon as a monster is killed.

Everyone nodded.

Going for the insane rewards would mean we held off all monsters for 10 minutes, if something went wrong we could at least get a lower level reward. I didn't inform the party about this so they would not relax. 

Mia: You guys stand at the door, let's see how far I can solo this, I will tell you all when to join the fight. Don't attack until 10 minutes is up. Silver please use <Haste> on me when it is off cooldown.

The group knew I was strong, but no one expected me to try to solo this trial.

I got into my stance; I put a health potion bottle in my mouth just in case. It didn't take long before I was surrounded by green Orcs each holding war axes, already slashing my way.

“-2”

“Miss”

“-3”

“-5” Critical!

“-2”

“-3”

“Miss”

Mia: Hahahaha, It looks like my 220 HP, my high DEF and <Ignore Pain>  is going to be enough to withstand all these attacks until the last phase.

[Congratulations]

[1min - Basic Level Cleared]

[3mins - Normal Level Cleared]

[5mins - Hard Level Cleared]

 

[Entering Insane Level Phase]

I saw an Orc Taskmaster preparing to charge; I used <Anchor> to interrupt his charge skill while stunning 2 additional Orcs who were busy attacking.

Mia: <Anchor>

I kept interrupting the Taskmaster while taking damage from the rest of the orcs,

[Times up.]

As soon as this was announced the Orc Taskmaster and the other smaller Orcs disappeared.

 

[Congratulations! SSS rating Insane Reward achieved.]

[System Announcement: First Run Hell Mode Achievement: No players and monster died]

[Reward: 20 unassigned AP, 10 SP, 1 Epic skill, 50 Gold]

[Faction Achievement: SSS rating reward to full faction party]

[Reward: Legendary Guild Creation Token]

[Level Up]

[You are now Level 9]

 

WHAT! 

I looked back to the guys, whose jaws were now on the floor.

Loody was laughing hysterically like a kid in a candy store. "I won this bet, I had a hunch about following you. I knew I would get to see and experience this world differently Hahaha!"

'I better say something while all their attention is on me,' I thought to myself.

Mia: In case you haven't figured it out already, I too possess a hidden class like Silver. My class is called Bunker Warrior, it is tailored solely towards defence. Before going further we need to discuss how these Epic skills can make the party stronger.

Mia: Srebrna, is there a pet skill on the skill list?

As a previous mage, I knew all the mages skill list by heart but there was no point in showing that off at the moment. It was impossible to play as a solo player in the new world.  

"There is <Flame Dragon>, it should be the upgraded skill of <Fire Golem>", Srebrna replied while scrolling through the skill list. “I am interested in the skill <Fire Dome>, which increases the damage of fire skills dealt to any monsters standing inside the dome. What do you think?”

Mia: I think you should choose <Flame Dragon>. <Fire Dome> is a great skill to have, but right now, you are our main attacker, with the 10 SP we just received your fire dragon pet will probably dish out the same number or more damage wise. That is just like having 2 of you with insanely high damage. Think about it.

After thinking about the pros and cons of choosing both skills, Srebrna finally selected and upgraded <Flame Dragon> [10/15]. The upgraded skill came with a lot of utility and damage. 

  • Having the pet summoned reduces the mana cost of fire skills
  • Having the pet summoned increases mana regeneration
  • Pet skills: <Fire Blast> [Max], <Fire Breath> [Max], <Fire Field>, Sacrifice [1hr cooldown]

Maya chose a skill called <Beast Companion - Mutual Oath> this allowed her to upgrade the rarity of her pet wolf by spending skill points.

Using the 10 SP awarded, the grey furred common wolf pet was upgraded to a perfect uncommon elite wolf which was twice in size with red fur. 

Loody after taking the longest to think about the skill that would increase the damage output of the party, chose <Whirlwind>,  this skill caused the user to spin with their weapon in hand. The spinning continues until the user has either run out of stamina or is interrupted. This was a very high damage dealing AOE still for two-hand weapon-wielding warriors. The more skill points added to the skill the higher the damage output.

Silver chose <Resurrect>, at this stage of the game it was not possible to learn this skill. This skill allows the user to revive a fallen player within 1min of their death without any penalty for dying. With more skill points the mana requirement would be less and the time before revival would be longer, after spending 10 skill points she got it to 4mins.

I chose <Petrify> this was a group defence oriented skill, it would turn the skin of every party member into rocks, increasing their defence (+2 DEF). The skill had two issues that could only be resolved with skill points. For an active time of 3 sec, it had a 30sec cooldown. The other issue was the slow debuff the skill placed on each member when it was active.

I used 15 SP to fully upgrade <Petrify>; removing the slow debuff and increasing the defence buff (+30 DEF). As for the mana cost increase with the upgrade, I overlooked it as it did not apply to me. The most important part of the upgrade was that I could have the skill active every 2 seconds.

I used the 20 unassigned AP to increase my base vitality, I wanted to be unkillable at this level.

“Aren't we forgetting the loot bag?”  Maya said looking around.

Mia: We didn't kill any monster in this boss fight so we get no loot bags. Everyone should take a moment to calm down. We have obtained 2 achievements already in this dungeon run and have gotten a big boost to our power as a party. Now I have no doubts about our ability to clear this dungeon.

Mia: We also received another reward, a legendary guild creation token. 

“That sounds different to the one that [Lone Survivors] received when he got the achievement for being the first to reach level 5” Loody noticed a difference straight away.

Mia: That is correct, Lone was awarded a basic guild creation token. If my guess is correct, our token should give us better buffs and perks since it is legendary, but I can't help thinking the cost of it all will be too much. Let's save our gold just in case.

 

Thanks for reading

10