Land Claim
1.4k 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just above the guild area in the city hall was the land acquisition office.

[System: Welcome to the Land Acquisition Office]

Mia: “Can you show me the claimable land map?”

[System: Sure, One moment please]

A 3D holographic map of Terria appeared in front of me. 

[System: On this map, you can see only areas that are claimable. If the area is marked Red; it means that this area has another requirement before it can be claimed. If the area is marked Orange; it means that this area cannot be claimed or bought at this time, as time progresses this area will become available. Lastly, the Green areas are those that are available to be bought or claimed.] 

The Orange areas are very different to the Red areas. The Orange areas are places that have already been built like strongholds and cities. But the Red areas were in places like monster spawns or caves. The map was very detailed, I could see places on the map that was a replica of the places I had been to. I remembered, at some point, the System will stop interfering with how humans operated leaving people to rule and lord over the cities and strongholds. But there was one place that had to be defended at all cost. If this place falls everything will be just as the previous life.

Mia: “Switch to birds-eye view”

Using the birds-eye view setting, I could see all the cities arranged in a zigzag formation. Later on, a trade route will be built by merchants to connect the cities.

I pointed to the green piece of land just outside the beast jungle of Africa city.

Mia: “I will claim this piece of land”

[System: Are you sure you want to claim that piece of land. The lowest level of entering that part of the world is level 90]

Mia: “Yes, that is the place I want”

[System: Very well! It has been registered to {CS} Candy Shop Guild]

[System: Enter a City name!]

Mia: “Candy Factory”

[System: Please choose a free building to complete the land claim process]

I quickly reviewed my plan. In the past life, I built a castle and was never one of the founding members of a guild or clan. Solomon in the past life was the leader of the Avengers. A bunch of people who saw themselves are heroes until the Barbarian war claimed all their lives. He mentioned in one of the war preparation meetings about a cheat in the system. It was not really a cheat but an exploit of the rules to one's advantage. That is exactly what I will be doing here. There was only one building that could survive that lvl100 area and that was the System City Hall as it came with a force field.

Mia: “City Hall”

[System: The registration has now been completed. Congratulations on becoming Landowners.]

[System Announcement: Guild Achievement - Landowners]

[Reward: 500 Guild points]

[System Announcement: Guild Achievement - First to own a Land]

[Reward: Damage +5%]

 

Guild Name: 

Candy Shop {CS}

Level: 1/10

Population: 5/300

Buffs

Movement Speed

+10%

Exp (Reward)

+5%

Exp 

+5%

Discount (System)

5%

All Attributes 

+5 (Upgradable)

Damage

+5%

City Affiliation:

Candy Factory

Guild Hall: 

-

Guild Point

500

 

After confirming the changes to the guild panel it was time to meet up with the others.

 

*Guild Chat*

Silver: “I am done with all the errands, where should we meet”

Mia: “Let us meet up at the square, the one in front of the city hall”

Silver: "Ok, on my way."

 

Less than a minute later, Silver with a skip in her step made her way to the fountain where I was. She took a seat on the empty chair next to me. 

“Mia, I am still amazed at all these achievements we have been getting. It is almost as if we are hunting for them!” Silver said casually chatting.

“Yes, we are! You know this is my second life in this game. Kidding lol. Cheer up. Everything in this game is on a first come first serve basis. If we don't get them now, others will arrive here in a few days. You will see what I mean then, all the achievements will disappear pretty quickly. Plus we can't get them, all since none of us is an exploring type.

First to arrive from the others who were taking the hidden class trials was Loody his look and aura had completely changed. My previous assessment of him was that he looked like a miniature giant before, now he looked like a real Red Half-Giant covered in markings. 

“I am now a Blood Berserker. It is a hidden class on the berserker line,” Loody said, flexing his developed muscles.”The more blood there is the more enraged I get, dealing more damage. Since we have Mia, there is no need for me to continue to be a support damage dealer. I went for raw power instead.”

Next to arrive was Srebrna. Unlike Loody’s noticeable changes, she had a fire elemental floating next to her. 

“I am now a Fire Queen. It is a hidden class on the Pyromancer line. I received a growth type fire elemental, it has some unique skills and can regenerate my mana very quickly.” she reported to the group.

The last to arrive was Maya. She was moving at the same speed as the Elite Wolf.

“I got the Possession Archer hidden class. I can now use some of the skills from my pets. I can now have 2 additional contracted pets but only one can be summoned at a time.” she said as she unsummoned her pet.

Mia: “I am pleased with the growth of you 3. With this the foundation of our guild is solid. We just need more members to push to our maximum potential. I told you previously that Silver and I have hidden classes also. I think now is a good time to fully explain to you what I meant. In the same way, there is quality to the items we find, Normal, Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary. This quality also applied to the hidden classes.

For example, since you 3 were the obtained first to visit achievement with your instructor you must have obtained rare hidden classes, these classes have a limited number of trials and players that can have them. Silver on the other hand somehow got her class in the tutorial phase, she is a Buff Priest, this is an epic hidden class that converts Dexterity into Holy power. This is the main source of her slowness.

My class was obtained during the class selection in the Hall of selection by chance. It is a legendary hidden class. It converts all my dexterity into defence as well as tailored all my skills towards tanking.”

At this point everyone had their mouths opened wide, the silence made me uncomfortable. 

“Classes have ranks?” 

“Epic?”

“Legendary?”

“Wait! I have an Epic class?” Silver asked

“That's not the point! Mia, you really have a legendary class?” Loody asked curiously

Mia: “Yes! That is the reason for my strong defence. I can take a lot more damage than other tanks. Don't be too surprised, there will be more unbelievable events happening from now on.”

The group nodded. They were on one hand happy that I took the time to explain all these open points to them. But on the other hand, they were a little afraid of what the other players would think if their secrets were exposed. ‘Is this not cheating?’

“What’s our next step boss?” Loody asked playfully

Mia: “Speak plainly. Our next plan is easy. Preparation and Recruitment. We already unlocked the guild caravan perk, so we can pick up our personal caravan and guards at the guild mess. Maya and Srebrna, you guys would be in charge of stocking up on camping tools and food. Our next exploration will be a very long one, if you need to use gold to expand the caravan do so. Loody, you will be in charge of whipping the guards to shape. They are blank AI’s with a generic attack pattern, I want you to beat them up a few times until they can almost keep up with you. Silver will be on standby to heal them after each fight.

As part of the preparation, we need to create the first alliance in this game with other guilds. I have received a lot of information about this game when I created the guild and was claiming land. I think it would be a good idea to share this with others that want to join our alliance.

I decided to use this opportunity to spread some of the information I gathered in my past life, also I wanted the seriousness of the situation each and everyone was in to spread amongst the guilds until everyone knew that if people dont come together, Humans, EARTH everything will be lost. The party was shocked after hearing my story, this was not like any game they have played.

I advised them all to look around the city for achievements in their spare time but one important thing was to try the training hall, they might not be able to complete the full training for intermediate and advanced level but there was still an item they could receive.

Everyone got busy.

The guild caravan was a carriage with the guild name on both sides and 2 strong black horses pulling it. It had 4 armed warriors as guards and a coachman. It had been a long day and I had completed all my errands, it was time to rest. 

***

It has been 3 days since we started training as a team at the training hall. The team's coordination had improved, Our damage dealers were now comfortable with their upgraded class and skills. 

Mia: “That's enough for today, we will continue tomorrow. I think the elite guilds should all be heading to this city soon. We need to be ready for the first alliance meeting.”

As soon as we made it to the hotel we noticed that the place was a lot busier than usual.  Players have been pouring into Europe City constantly after getting to level 10. Although the number of level 10 players increased, the five of us were still at the top of the ranking list.

‘If not for the restrictions, I am sure each person in this party would almost be level 15 if not higher by now. Nothing I can do about it, the lockdown should last a bit longer,' I thought to myself.

Mia: “Innkeeper, have I got any messages?”

[Innkeeper: Yes you do. 10 people asked about your information at different times over the past 2 days.]

Mia: “Can I rent out the hotel's function room for 3hrs tomorrow, also I’m sure they all left their contact information, can you send them a message to meet here in the morning. Add the fee to my tab!”

[Innkeeper: Very well. It has been arranged.]

After a night's rest, we made our way to the function room for the first gathering of this sort in this new world.

8