Chapter 2: First things first
674 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuan Khan is currently sitting on top of a hill overlooking vast grasslands surrounded by a forest and mountains in the distance. Everything in this world was truly massive. The trees in the distance looked taller than any building Yuan knew of in his previous world, yet even they felt small in comparison to the insane mountains in the distance. They were literally piercing the sky as if going into space. Yuan couldn’t even see past the base of the mountains as the clouds were in the way.

 

Although he looked calm on the outside he was just too shocked at his current situation. He wanted to get up but after lying in bed for so long, Yuan had forgotten how to walk, and this body was way different from his previous in both height and strength.

 

After many failed attempts he finally got the hang of it, and started walking around. After the insane headache had ended, his grandfather’s voice could be heard in his brain that told him the following:

 

“Hey little Yuan, you may be terribly confused right now but don’t worry, in this recording i'll explain a few things to you. First do you remember, around 10 years ago, I asked you many questions about your ideal world? Well here it is.

 

I was quite surprised when you asked me to make the world as big as the sun though haha. This world is filled with super intelligent Ai that are indistinguishable from real people! Quite the feat of engineering if you ask me.

 

The world population is 9 quadrillion people, spread across thousands of empires and continents. Although in earth time the worlds only been running for 10 years we sped up this worlds time to 100,000 times that of earth.

 

This means a million years has already passed in this world. It also means that we can't talk or help you directly. Just one minute on earth is 70 days down there.

 

So since I can’t help you directly I have created a simple system for you, By thinking to see your status page or shop it will open in front of you.

 

Little Yuan this world was created to your ideals, so go explore, although the people here can be quite brutal due to the harshness of this world, maybe you can also find a nice family here. Best of luck!” -end of message

 

Dazed and confused after listening to his grandfather's worlds. Yuan walked over to a small river near the base of the hill, Yuan looked at it to see his own face. The rippling water distorted his face a bit so he couldn’t see its pure beauty properly but he didn't need to.

 

Yuan instantly recognised the character he had spent hours designing on that iPad a while ago, when grandfather had visited the hospital.

Yuan wasn't that good looking in his last life due to his sunken eyes and frail body; he looked more like a ghoul than a human.

 

Since he had spent his entire life in bed, he had little opportunity to make friends, let alone get a girlfriend. He had been depressed and miserable and his only escape was in the manga he read.

 

Yuan couldn’t hold his excitement any longer and a large grin plastered his beautiful face. There are many things that Yuan is itching to try out but first things first, “Status” he shouted with a stupid pose.

 

Yuan Khan

Celestial Realm

Dao: Illusions (Rare)

Skills:

Disguise (1st)

Mirror Image (2nd)

Creation (5th)

Sword flying(8th)

Flight(10th)

Skill info:

 

Disguise

(1st tier skill)

 

You make yourself--including your clothing, armor, weapons, and other belongings on your person--look different until the spell ends or until you dismiss it. You can seem 1 foot shorter or taller and can appear thin, fat, or in between. You can't change your body type, so you must adopt a form that has the same basic arrangement of limbs. Otherwise, the extent of the illusion is up to you.

The changes wrought by this spell fail to hold up to physical inspection. For example, if you use this spell to add a hat to your outfit, objects pass through the hat, and anyone who touches it would feel nothing or would feel your head and hair. If you use this spell to appear thinner than you are, the hand of someone who reaches out to touch you would bump into you while it was seemingly still in midair.

 

Mirror Image

(2nd tier skill)

 

illusory duplicates of yourself appear in your space. Until the spell ends, the duplicates move with you and mimic your actions or can follow simple mental commands. The illusions can shift position so it's impossible to track which image is real. You can use your action to dismiss the illusory duplicates.

 

The skill can be combined with Disguise and other illusion skills.

Creation

(5th tier skill)

 

Can change the appearance and aura of an object permanently. The item retains its original form under the illusion. This illusion is so powerful that if an object is made larger than its original size, even if it's touched, the person will feel that they are touching something even though it's just thin air.

 

Requirements: An object of similar shape to the desired illusion e.g a pebble can't be turned into a sword, but a long stick could be used.

 

Sword Flight

(8th tier skill)

 

The user can use any sword at the Heaven grade and use it to fly through the sky. This skill requires a constantly small amount of aura to maintain and the faster the user goes the more aura is required.

 

Requirements: Only swords of the Heaven grade or higher can be used as a flying sword.

 

Flight

(10th tier skill)

 

The user can fly through the sky, no aura is used to maintain flight until the user is going at least 500 miles an hour. More aura is used, the faster the user wishes to go. Although there's no maximum speed, most can't go beyond 1,000 miles an hour as the aura consumption becomes too great after that.

Only three skills and none of them are fighting skills? Darn maybe I should have picked a Dao in a fighting element like fire Yuan thought while scratching his head.

 

With skills like these he could only pretend to be strong but this actually worked in Yuans favour. Although he has been spawned into the world with Celestial cultivation he has no idea how to use it.

 

Yuan had read many cultivation novels and knew he had to be pretty strong even without fighting moves. He should be able to suppress most people with just his Aura or simply fly away if needed.

 

But he really would need an attack move or something to fight with soon. Yuan was wearing a plain but well made black robe so he wasn't naked. But there was an obvious lack of a weapon. No sword could be found no matter how hard he looked. Suddenly Yuan remembered the words of his grandfather.

 

“Shop” he thought

 

A game-like shop interface appeared in front of him. There were many categories like weapons, materials, skills and more. But there was a clear issue right from the start. At the top it said:

 

Spirit stones: 0

 

Spirit stones were properly the currency of this world and it seemed he was dirt poor. Ignoring this, Yuan looked deeper into the shop.

 

The skills ranged from different prices. He could buy all skills in existence and also create his own unique skills but at a greater price. In the food section he could buy one loaf of bread for a low grade spirit stone.

 

So by that logic one low grade spirit stone should be around $1 in value. The cheapest Heaven grade sword he could find in the store, was 100 high grade spirit stones.

 

Yuan didn't know how many low grade spirit stones would equal a high grade spirit stone so he forgot about the idea and closed the shop.

 

He had checked the skill section and saw some useful looking skills but since he had no spirit stones that would have to come later.

 

Yuan decided before doing anything else he had to practice the few skills he had, and then go find some people to get some more knowledge of this crazy world...

16