Chapter 3: Destruction of nature
551 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuan Khan had read many stories during his previous life about cultivators. They are known to be ruthless and the strong prey on the weak.

 

From this logic Yuan knew he would be considered very powerful from his cultivation realm since it's in the Celestial realm, the highest known realm in this world.

 

But there's an obvious issue at hand. Although his cultivation realm is very high Yuan’s knowledge of the world is practically zero including combat.

 

Considering he had not walked for 20 years until a few minutes ago, to ask him to fight another cultivator should obviously lead to his loss right?

 

Although Yuan knew powerful cultivators could slice mountains in two, he had no idea if that was true in this world or not. So first he needs to determine his strength.

 

Yuan starts walking towards the forest in the distance, stumbling over his feet every now and then. But after walking for an hour towards the vast forest he had an elegance within his steps.

 

Was it the effect of his cultivation or was he just a naturally good walker? Yuan didn't know nor did he care. He finally had freedom to move around and he was enjoying every minute of the walk.

 

With an overjoyed and peaceful face Yuan approached the nearest tree of the forest. This tree was easily a thousand meters tall. Even when looking directly up he couldn't see the top.

 

This tree would put modern skyscrapers back on earth to shame. What was insane about all this was that this tree was seemingly on the smaller side. There were many other larger trees surrounding it from all sides.

 

Yuan approached the tree and placed his palm on it. He could feel the spiritual energy being released to him through the tree. To a person in the Qi or Sage realm would properly be overwhelmed by the amount of aura this tree was releasing but it just felt warm to the touch for Yuan.

With Yuan’s palm on the tree he could feel it react a little like it was shaking. It felt like a puppy trying to submit and beg for mercy before a ferocious tiger.

 

Starting to feel a little bad Yuan ignored the pleading of the tree and exerted a little force into his arm. This amount of force wouldn’t even be enough to open a door in his previous world Yuan thought.

 

The earth begins to tremble as the ground breaks apart. Huge tree roots started emerging from the ground. Yuan's immediate thought is that the tree is somehow attacking him.

 

A loud creaking noise could be heard as the pressure on his palm disappeared. Can tree’s in this world run away? Stunned for a moment Yuan gathered his thoughts and looked away from the roots to see the situation at his palm.

 

He expected to see the tree somehow running away but instead it was toppling over like a massive domino piece. It took a full 30 seconds for the massive tree to fully fall to the ground.

 

A loud shockwave was unleashed and a wave of dust assaulted Yuan. After a few minutes the dust settled to reveal the scene in front of him.

 

The one thousand meter behemoth of a tree was lying down on its side, with its miles of roots exposed to the open air.

 

Yuan just looked blankly at his palm and then to the tree. Yuan isn’t stupid and knows it’s not some weird conicidence that the tree he pushed on fell down. Yuan actually liked trees a lot so didn't plan to test it again.

Yuan really wanted to go and find people and start his journey but he needed to workout the extent of his strength first and learn to control it.

 

He understood why cultivators were feared so much already with this small display of his power. He knew a missile from earth probably wouldn't be able to bring down a tree this big and yet a simple push from him caused this scene to unfold.

 

Yuan spent the next week intensely training. Increasing his cultivation you might ask? Well no not exactly. He spent the first 3 days learning to control his strength.

 

This might sound like an easy feat, but if Yuan just lightly stomped on the ground a magnitude 8 earthquake would be made. Can you imagine if you got scared by a rat, and tried to step on it and indirectly cause the destruction of a whole city with a simple stamp of the foot? Well this is a real possibility for Yuan.

 

A simple wave of his hand would cause 100mph winds, heck he could properly kill someone with a fart.

 

After 3 days he realised the reason for his insane strength was his lack of Qi and aura control. His body had been constantly emitting his Qi and surrounding his body in aura enhancing his base power. His body without the help of Qi or aura, is still strong enough to bend metal with his bare hands thanks to his muscles.

 

Yuan could now control his Qi to a decent extent. After hiding his aura the monsters in the area started to return to the forest. They had all been scared off by a sudden emergence of a celestial realm aura but it had now vanished.

 

For the next 4 days Yuan learned to fly. Celestial realm cultivators could levitate and fly in the air just by expending some aura. This was even harder than learning to control his strength.

 

He had to constantly manage the Qi circulating in his body and directly manipulate his aura outside his body inorder to achieve flight. The faster he went the harder it was to manage as well.

 

Right now after the week of training Yuan Khan was floating above the hill he woke up on. He had his hands behind his back with his hair flowing in the wind. He gave off the presence of a supreme cultivator which was the look he was going for.

 

So long as the spectator didn’t look around Yuan, and see the countless craters in the ground, from where he had lost control and smashed into the ground.

 

There were destroyed tree’s littering the grasslands, and the earth was torn to pieces. It looked like the place had been the target of a tactical missile strike but there were no missiles in this world, only clumsy cultivators like Yuan.

 

Looking over his work of art from the sky’s he was surveying the surroundings for anything of interest.

 

Yuan didn’t feel completely ready to look for a town yet. Although he had been in the world for over a week now he didn’t feel famished. He had drunk water from the river on occasion to quench his thirst but the other familiar feeling of hunger has not reared its ugly head yet.

 

Yuan had Eagle like vision and could see accurately for hundreds of miles around him. While just randomly looking into the distance a disturbing scene was playing out.

 

It was happening at least 300 miles from his current position but that didn't matter to a cultivator of Yuan’s caliber. He could travel that distance in mere minutes.

 

Letting out a sigh, Yuan started to fly towards the area of interest with haste.

15