Chapter 11: Demon Castle
240 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Negotiations were completed and all parties were satisfied with the outcome, except Luna of course. The mind of cultivators worked different to Yuan. He could see the bigger picture and would prove to Luna this was the better choice later.

 

Yuan and Luna had been given the penthouse suite in the most luxury hotel in Vidford city. Yuan personally had no need for sleep, but it was nice to relax now and then. Luna could go without sleep for a few days at best before needing a few hours to recharge as she is only at the Sage realm.

 

Lying on a large king-sized bed Yuan was stroking Luna’s black cat ears which were twitching with delight and a low purring noise could be heard. Yuan had a wide grin across his face thinking about the events over the last few hours. After Yuan had agreed to calling Luna ‘Darling’ she seemed to have taken off all restraints once they were alone.

 

Losing his virginity had certainly been an experience he would not have achieved in his last life that’s for sure. He looked down at the cute cat who had rested her fluffy head on his bare chest and made a silent vow to protect her in the future. After just being in this world for a week, he found a companion he felt he could trust his back too. Yuan noticed what Luna had been trying to do in the earlier negotiations and it only made him respect her more as he knew she cared deeply for their future.

 

While Luna slowly drifted off into sweet dreams, Yuan started exploring the shop interface. Basically, Yuan had concluded that the shop was here to make his life more convenient if he wished. Not only were there many martial art’s manuals available for purchase but he could even buy daily necessities that do not exist in this world like a toothbrush.

 

Although Yuan had recently gained some funds, they would not last long. They were simply the funds required for daily necessities for someone in a lower realm then him. Not only that but he could make use of any money he could get his hands on, as it could all be converted into useful items from the shop. In this world just because you want something and have money does not necessarily mean you can acquire it. Even if the item is up for sale someone could buy it before you as they were geographically closer to the seller.

 

In Yuan’s old world, Earth, a person could take a commercial flight and get from one side of the planet to the other within a day. Truly a feat of modern engineering. Unfortunately, even with the increased speed of cultivators, it would still take months to travel around this gigantic planet. By the time someone receives the news the item they are looking for is being sold in another continent it would have been sold before they could even travel there.

 

This is where Yuan had a huge advantage.  He can just buy anything he could ever desire instantly from the shop. From looking at the shop Yuan worked out that a single high grade spirt stone’s worth is about a thousand gold coins. A medium grade equals 100 gold coins and a low grade was only worth around 1 gold coin.

 

Looking through the martial art manuals section of the shop for attack skills Yuan noticed a slight issue. They are all ridiculously expensive. But not just that, any skills not ideal for someone pursuing the Dao illusion would cost 10 times more. For example, the cheapest skill in the illusion section was called ‘Fear Aura’ which went for 10 high grade spirit stones or 10 thousand gold coins, on the other hand ‘Fire ball’ the most basic fire skill costs 100 high grade spirit stones.

For reference, the yearly income of a mortal maid working for a noble would be around 30 gold. You could consider 1 gold coin to be worth around $1000. So for the cheapest skill in the entire store ‘Fear Aura’ to be valued at 10 million dollars is a little worrying for Yuan.

 

It also meant Winston Vidford was carrying around more than 100 million dollars in his spatial ring. If a cultivator at the Divine realm carries that much around for daily expenses how much would a Celestial realm carry?

 

In the end Yuan decided to buy two spells from the Shop. ‘Fear Aura’ for 10 high grade spirit stones. It causes anyone that makes eye contact with the user when the skill is activated to feel death looming over them like as if they were a rabbit facing a tiger with no escape. Yuan bought this skill mainly to test the shop out as it was the cheapest. When he pressed purchase, the book materialized inside his spatial ring, and the required spirit stones were removed.

 

Yuan removed the martial art book from his storage, briefly flipped through it he felt the information rush into his head and intuitively knew how to use the skill. The sensation of having the information become known to him was bizarre to say the least.

 

He saw a bird was perched on the balcony outside his window. Making eye contact with the poor bird he activated the skill ‘Fear Aura’. The bird in simple words went insane. It was clawing out its eyes and continued mutilating itself until dying on the street below. Well, that was unexpected for sure.

 

The next spell was called ‘Depiction’. In simple terms it allows a painting to come to life when it meets certain conditions set when its cast. For example, “Activate when an intruder gets within 10 meters and attack”. It is considered a trap or defensive spell as it’s designed to be setup in advance instead of being cast in the middle of battle.

Although its quite a decent skill its usual draw back is the need for paintings. The more detailed and well made the painting is the more powerful the manifestation will be. Even then it is usually designed to be a simple distraction or scare someone at best hence its low price. But combined with Yuan’s other illusion skills this could become one of his best skills.

 

This left Yuan with 40 high grade spirit stones. Happy for now he closed the shop and continued stroking Luna’s cat ear which caused them to perk up and a cute noise out of Luna but not quite enough to wake her up. They continued like this until sunrise.

 

Enjoying a nice breakfast on the balcony, watching the sunrise with Luna. An overall pleasant beginning to the day. Yuan could see the mountain he now owned in the distance which was surrounded in a thin layer of mist from the early morning air.

 

After walking through the city on the way to his new lands he had to stop in a few shops with Luna to buy some clothes and some yummy looking pastries. This felt like a date but that did not affect Yuan’s mood, he was starting to get a little irritated after walking into the 20th clothing store. Thanks to his spatial ring he didn’t look like a camel loaded with shopping bag’s but it was still a little annoying as he felt awkward walking around with Luna in the female targeted shops and getting approving looks from the store attendants.

 

Eventually Yuan picked Luna up in a princess style carry much to her surprise and took off towards the mountain causing excited yelps from the people on the street below. They had never witnessed a Celestial realm flying before so they all started gossiping who the man could be. The news that he would be a new noble house had not reached the ears of the general population yet, but it would soon.

 

The mountain itself was very tall with sharp, steep edges cliff edges. Properly the reason nobody had bothered to build anything on it until now. There was some snow on the top and surprisingly a lake surrounding it like a moat. There were around 5 kilometres of grassland until the city’s noble district starts. In this city the noble district is closest to the mountain since it is the centre of the city and furthest from the outer walls. The further one travels from the mountain the poorer the people become. Since there is no shortage of room the city planners decided to use the grass lands surrounding the mountain as a public park.

 

Although the mountain and public park now belong to Yuan, he didn’t plan to take away this lovely green space from the people. There were still people walking their dogs or having pleasant picnics in the sunny grasslands right now. Although less people are out due to the cold wind blowing.

 

Yuan decided to wait until night time to implement his plans. Once he was covered by the darkness of night with the only illumination coming from the moon, he begins his plan.

 

He splits himself into 100 clones and starts explaining his plans to them. This takes the majority of the time. Although clones are useful they have to be specifically instructed on everything and anything they are expected to accomplish, its like trying to explain construction to a child.

Luna had seen the clones before but found it quite amusing seeing him telling over 100 copies of himself the plan with a completely serious expression while they all looked completely expressionless back at him.

Once a few hours have passed Yuan can finally relax with Luna. They sit down on the grass together in a hug while watching a hundred Yuan’s re shaping the mountain. The first step was to flatten the top of the mountain to make room for a castle. Most of the castle’s rooms however were to be built inside the mountain after its hollowed out. Next a second building is built at the base of the mountain. Finally, the last step is a bridge across the moat and walls built on both side of the moat only leaving a gap for the bridge.

 

In total Yuan used up almost all his remaining funds for building materials for this project. Although the materials are cheaper than he would have to pay for at the market he decided on using exquisite materials, so he was quickly drained of his remaining spirit stones. Luckily, he is not totally broke as around 4000 gold coins still remain.

 

While Yuan and Luna were touring around their new castle and planning on furniture they need to buy, the nobles that decided to take a early morning walk were in full panic and amazement at the sudden change to the centre of their beloved park.

 

One brave noble in the Sage realm called Oscar decided to approach the castle despite desperate shouting to turn back from the other nobles. Oscar ignored their warning and could only whistle in amazement. In front of him was a 20 meter high white marble wall but he could also tell there was a thin layer of Celestial realm aura on the walls. Marble is a strong material but not popular for building something like a wall as it is not considered strong enough and too expensive. Yet this wall look stronger and taller than the walls protecting the entire city which are reinforced stone walls with enforcement spells put on them.

 

Oscar could not see past the first wall and therefore did not know about the solid gold bridge over the moat or the second marble wall on the other side of the moat. However, Oscar and every other resident of Vidford could see that the once grey simple stone mountain was now jet black, properly somehow coated in obsidian and un top of it a grand white marble castle that easily put any noble mansion to shame.

Above the gate in solid gold was simply written “Khan”. Oscar had never heard of the word Khan before but that only made him more curious. A few minutes later the castle was surrounded by the Royal guard. They are strong cultivators all in the Sage realm and under direct control of the royal family, the Vidford’s.

When the guard had heard a weird castle had appeared at the mountain overnight the guard captain was obviously sceptical but after a hundred people had ran in saying the same report he decided it was an incident that threatened the national security so requested the Royal guard to be mobilized.

 

With the castle surround by 30 Sage realm cultivators all in white armour with red capes and the Vidford family crest on their helmets, they truly did look intimidating to all the nobles present.

 

The head of the Royal guard stepped forward and announced his presence to anyone inside the magnificent white walls. After a moment with no answer the man felt disrespected and began cussing and calling whoever was inside a coward. This would be the last mistake of his pathetic life.

 

Yuan hadn’t planned to entertain the clowns outside but he wouldn’t take them calling his family a load of cowards. The guard captain was initially happy when he spotted a single white haired man appear above the gate. The man simply looked down on them all like ants and used his ‘Fear Aura’ skill on the captain.

 

The sight of a proud captain of the royal guard mutilating himself out of fear and begging the senior to let him go caused the other guards to take a step back and the nobles especially the ladies to scream and run in fear.

The white haired man also known as Yuan Khan simply chuckled at the pathetic clown who had practically begged for a dog’s death and walked off.

The guards decided to retreat and call for reinforcements and the Royal family was notified. Emilia heard the news over breakfast and spat out the eggs in her mouth in horror, “What are those idiots doing. Do these dog’s wishing for a swift death? If not by my hands ill do it myself.” She screams furiously while running towards the mountain despite the horror of the maids on duty and her body guards.

 

9