Story 1.6 I’ll be blunt
6.4k 6 165
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Tsk! you dare to come back." Zhang Xi Ze complained after being left alone for so long.

"My bad." Guo Li Jun apologized.

This room was made especially so Guo Li Jun could eavesdrop in between people's conversation so that whenever they loosened their mouths, Prince Chu could hear everything that was said downstairs.

If he didn't, he wouldn't have dropped a cup and stained the floor.

"Jun ge, what's so special about this scholar?" Even if he's his brother's benefactor. He knew Guo Li Jun too well that he wouldn't recklessly invite someone over as they were alert for any possible rats.

"Someone that caught my eye. . ."

"Mmn ...now that's a first." Zhang Xi Ze mocked not hiding his unpleasant mood.

It's not every day that he could meet up with his friends and he dares to steal away this Prince's people.

With a glance, he could tell that this little brother of his was throwing a childish temper. If the people in the palace were to see this side of him, they might conclude that he's brain-damaged.

"Cut me some slack." he said while patting his head.

Zhang Xi Ze flung his arm away with a scowl not liking the childish treatment.

"So? what benefits does he have for you to keep him close?"

"Benefits?" this word made Guo Li Jun think.

"That's what I need to find out."

Ren Jin and Wang Ke Er finally arrived after Ming Yu left and sat beside them.

" Chu wangye" Wang Ke Er greeted politely and Yao Ren Jin lowered his head.

"Lovely Ke Er, have you've been well?" Zhang Xi Ze asked concerned. It is true that a beauty can uplift one's spirits.

"to receive Chu wangye 's grace, this servant is beyond well."

Zhang Xi Ze scooted over and cupped her palm into his.

"Ke Er, how is it? have you thought of being mine?" he asked slyly waiting for her reply.

"As I've said before, you're not up to my standards." she haughtily answered and slapped that bad hand away.

"A prince like me and future Emperor isn't enough for you?" Zhang Xi Ze's brow arched.

"An Emperor is nothing to a woeful maiden's heart." Wang Ke Er said to prove her claims.

"If her standards weren't high, who would dare marry her." Yao Ren Jin evilly teased.

"Marry! marry! all I hear from your mouth is marriage. If you're that concerned then so be it. Just marry me then." she said through gritted teeth.

Due to this, both awkwardly stole glances at on the other followed by a frown sharing a sour look.

"Enough messing around. . . we've got things to do."

Zhang Xi Ze was still feeling slightly irritated but knowing that his time is limited. they started talking about serious matters till late in the afternoon.

Guo Li Jun was in a pleasant mood waiting for Ming Yu to come out, and after seeing him. Guo Li Jun became dazed for a bit before regaining his composure.

Ming Yu was freshly out of his bath with some of his wet strands tied loosely on his back being taken by the wind. His face was looking plump and flushed with warmth adding up to his already handsome face making him somehow cuter in his eyes.

As always, Ming Yu was wordless but even so, Guo Li Jun enjoyed every single second of it.

Ming Yu's courtyard was the one closest to Guo Li Jun. Either it's to monitor him or some other purpose, he was unclear and too lazy to guess further. Guo Li Jun was observing him as he placed his stuff inside.

"Do you need an attendant?"

"No. I prefer doing things. . . myself."

If people were around I wont be able to chat.

"Ming Yu." he said walked closer to his face feeling the other's warm breath against each other. "You're still not gonna ask me. . . anything.?"

"Like. . . what?" The space around him being contained by Guo Li Jun made him step back.

He noticed this and smirked liking his influence on Ming Yu. " My real name is Guo Li Jun. I am supporter of the 7th prince Chu."

He wanted to see how he'll react after getting this information. Normally, one would be shaken and greed would reflect in their eyes but this person. . .

"Oh." he replied without a care.

Getting the exact response that he guessed. Guo Li Jun chuckled amused and felt happy in his heart.

"Am I here. . . to be watched?" he asked curious of his standing.

"No." he earnestly denied.

"I honestly wanted to provide you shelter as thanks." he added. "Secondly, to swat away any annoying fly that would bother you."

Fly?

Ming Yu became confused with Guo Li Jun's way of words that he thought hard, placing a hand on his chin in contemplation. This gesture was somehow cute in Guo Li Jun's eyes and he smiled finding it funny.

"Thirdly. . ." he took Ming Yu's hand in his finally feeling the warmth that he's been thinking of ever since. "Not bad." he liked it.

Ming Yu was startled and slowly took his hand away. A tingling sensation was still there on his hand creating a crack in his composure.

[Father: Son. Be strong.]

Ming Yu's flustered reaction didn't escape his sharp eyes and the drive to continue putting pressure on him inwardly rose.

When Prince Lu took interest in Ming Yu, he felt discomfort. Even when Wang Ke Er was using her usual antics made him feel conflicted. When he heard he was into men . . . he anticipated it, no, he vaguely wanted it.

If the system could read Guo Li Jun's mind, it'll suffer a blow and might break down not daring to joke around anymore.

"Ming Yu, i'll be honest with you." he stated. "I've taken an interest on you." he bluntly admitted.

[Ming Yu: !!!]

[Father: SON!]

All composure that Ming Yu had turned to dust and he couldn't believe that he heard such words from the ML's mouth.

System tell me, is this possible?

Are you experiencing a system failure?

[Father: Why are you blaming me for everything!?!]

But aren't they all under your will?

[Father: What kind of almighty system is that!?]

Guo Li Jun didn't let him gather his thoughts and stepped closer. Ming Yu stepped back but whenever he did, Guo Li Jun moved till he backed him up on the wall.

[Father: Hold your horses! let me catch my breath!]

System are you panicking?

"Li Jun. . . " he forced out with difficulty. "Are you muddle-headed?"

[Father: Right! Right!]

Guo Li Jun laughed half amused. If he felt nothing he wouldn't have pushed so far.

"I'm not sure. maybe I am. that's why I wanted you close so I can draw a conclusion for this." he explained.

"Ming Yu, I'm a straightforward and decisive man. As long as i'm interested in something, I'll keep them close and let no one touch it. Even if its just a tiny amount of liking, I want to grasp my hand and hold on to it." he confessed.

"So until i'm clear of what I want from you. . ." He grabbed a few strand of his hair and kissed it. "Don't think of leaving."

[Father: Oh sh*t! He's crazy!]

The imperial officials and supporters were being thrown in such a huge power struggle due to the minister and loyal general's death. Guo Li Jun was like a tiger stalking it's prey for half a year waiting for the herd to separate taking them down one by one.

During this length of time he would come and bother Ming Yu whenever he could. Asking him to accompany him outside, barge into his room for tea or send him gifts.

Yao Ren Jin and Wang Ke Er was there to witness these continuous showers of affection. At first they were struck dumb, in denial unable to accept this new reality. Then came the numbness of getting used to it, and now Wang Ke Er is fuming in jealousy taking it all out on Yao Ren Jin.

"Yao Ren Jin! Buy me this! I cannot accept defeat!" she exclaimed pointing at numerous dresses.

"These colors doesn't suit you." Ren Jin reminded her. Gaudy red, dark blue. . .

"Who cares of your opinion. Its for my girls!"

Guo Li Jun is currently in Ming Yu's room leisurely enjoying the tea he personally brewed. His eyes didn't stray away from his face making the tea taste sweeter.

"Ming Yu. . . there's an auction tonight. Would you like to attend with me?" he asked in a gentle voice.

The past few months was enough for Ming Yu to calm down and understand the change in his novel.

The ML. . . is now bent.

Since he's gay. As the author he somehow accepted why it developed this way.

What he did not understand was why him?

He didn't do anything to be noted, nor did he seduced him despite being gay.

Is it the looks? no, cant be.

If someone were to ask him if he was not moved by the ML's gentle and straightforward courting, He would be put in a bind unable to answer.

But in the end, this is just a book.

Every time he felt shaken by the Guo Li Jun's affection, he would be reminded by this fact.

The Admin was offline the entire time and hadn't been talking to him the last half a year so there was no one he could confide with.

Ming Yu sighed thinking through all of these.

"Are you tired?" Guo Li Jun asked and took a blanket from his bed to drape it around his shoulders.

"Its cold. . . if you're tired its okay. I'll come visit you afterwards." he comforted him tucking a strand behind Ming Yu's ear.

Guo Li Jun himself was now sure of his attraction to Ming Yu. What sparked it was interest, then his aloofness yet gentle personality. The way he cares for you with selflessness, and the warmth of his hands.

Ming Yu was like a spring breeze. It was around him where he realized how exhausted he was inside. Driving himself into dark revenge, doing his hardest to plot and grow in power, how he suffered and endured being buried under people's schemes and toughen his heart reaching what he achieved till now.

He was tired. He yearned peace.

Guo Li Jun grabbed Ming Yu's hand and entwined it with his. He needed this warmth.

"No. ill go." Ming Yu shook his head and moved his other hand to cover their own.

This act made Guo Li Jun surprised and with a warm heart he kissed his hair.

"That's good."

Ming Yu rested his head on his shoulders. At this moment he wasn't thinking straight. No, he's having a headache from all that thinking that he chose to stop caring.

Feeling the weight on his shoulders, Guo Li Jun was ecstatic. His heart sped up from elation tightening his grasp but did nothing reckless and leaned his head on Ming Yu.

---------Father is Online.
---------Father changed his username to "Admin"

[Admin: I'm back.]

Mmn. . . welcome back.

-

Short skit-

Wang Ke Er: YAO REN JIN! when are you going to marry me?!

Ren Jin: Woman! Why are you forcing me?!

Wang Ke Er: Ive been suffering from their public display for six months!

Ming Yu: *grabs Li Jun's sleeve

Li Jun: what's wrong?

Ming Yu: *snuggles into his arms and wraps himself with Li Jun's outer robe

Li Jun: *smiles and hugs him back resting his chin on Ming Yu's head.

Wang Ke Er: F*CK!!! YAO REN JIN!!

Ren Jin: "..."

[Admin: "..."]

165