Story 1.8 Without You
6k 5 142
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Ming Yu: . . .How?]

[Admin: "..."]

Since that day. All restraint had been dropped between the new couple to the point that it blinded all watching eyes and their ears would turn red at the sight of them.

Everyone was suffering under PDA and could only grit their teeth, endure it and pretend they had seen nothing.

-other than Wang Ke Er.

At night, seeds were sowed. In the day, the harvest were bountiful.

It was reaching the end of winter but the manor was experiencing spring.

[Admin: Ill go offline whenever your busy.]

[Ming Yu: Ok.]

The winner of the auction was without a doubt Crown Pince Zhang Wei Ji after spending his assets dry.

It was the herb they were looking for which made Ming Yu wonder at first why Guo Li Jun would sell but the man gave him a sly look explaining to him that even with the herb, In his hands the emperor doesn't have long to live.

Guo Li Jun didn't hide anything to Ming Yu anymore. His ruthlessness and merciless ways of managing his might and schemes were all open for him to know.

Although he gained such privilege, Ming Yu wasn't interested in it and like an obedient housewife, waited for him to come home and finish his work.

"Ming Yu! Did you see Ren Jin?" Wang Ke Er asked. She was currently cross-dressing wearing black robes and her hair tied into a scholar's bun.

"In the room. . . with Li Jun and Xiao Ze." he replied.

"If he come looking for me, tell him to come to the Heaven Pavilion!"

Ming Yu nodded his head that he understood.

Guo Li Jun decided to take his move in securing Xi Ze's seat on the throne anxious to clean away the Empire's filth. Now, they were undergoing final procedures so that everything was in place not letting Wei Ji or any greedy dog secure an advantage.

As the author. Ming Yu was half anticipating it. Half, fearing that after all this, the book would reach its conclusion.

He didn't want to leave. . .

[Ming Yu: Admin. . . When Xiao Ze takes the throne. Is it the end?]

[Admin: Uhh.]

[Admin: I can't say.]

This was the answer he received from the Admin making him uneasy.

If he knew, at least he could prepare his heart.

A warm hand went around his waist hugging him from behind warming him up from the cold winter air.

"What are you thinking of, looking so sad." Guo Li Jun asked resting his head on Ming Yu's shoulders.

The more time they spent together, the easier it was for Guo Li Jun to have a clear understanding Ming Yu's feelings despite his expressionless face.

Ming Yu snuggled close taking this feeling to heart. How can he say it? 
That farewell might be waiting for them after accomplishing his goals.

Guo Li Jun didn't force him to say it and simply let him feel that he's there to help carry his weight and somehow ease his heart.

Zhang Xi Ze and Yao Ren Jin were there to witness this beautiful scenery and didn't dare ruin it.

Seeing the loving couple made Yao Ren Jin think deeply about certain things and Zhang Xi Ze still had the usual frown on his face but on the inside, he was glad for his brother already recognizing Ming Yu as his sister-in-law.

"After tonight, I plan on staying with Xi Ze. . . In a few days ill be bringing my men and ambush the Crown Prince who's currently aiding the neighboring country in their war and make sure he'll come back crippled removing his place on the throne. I'll be bringing Ren Jin." he explained with a cautious tone.

"I'll be gone for half a year at best. . . If things goes well, Xi Ze will come after me and seize the glory to secure his succession. Until then. . . I want you to stay here. And wait for me. . ." he said reluctantly.

Ming Yu was clear of this fact. This was Guo Li Jun's way to protect him. He wasn't confident that he can guard him and keep him by his side in times of war. They hated to separate, but this was the safest way Guo Li Jun could think of. Being with him was too dangerous.

"I know. . .Don't worry. I'll be fine here." he reassured him.

"Keep me company tonight. . ." Guo Li Jun sweetly coaxed lightly kissing the mole under his ear and Ming Yu quivered. The bite mark already faded and a desire of re-marking it burned in his heart.

The day passed and Guo Li Jun left leaving Ming Yu idle spending the days on missing him while staying inside Guo Li Jun's room.

Brewing tea became a hobby, so did reading books and playing the zither. There was a time where Ming Yu worked as a zither craftsman's apprentice who also thought him how to play it.

Out of the six part-time jobs he had on the weekday, that was the only shift that he heartily enjoyed.

Wang Ke Er was there to accompany him, but most of her time was spent inside her brothel house.

Days turned to weeks, weeks into months.

Ming Yu could only hear news of his lover based on rumors. Some said the Prince was winning, others heard he was heavily injured unable to escape to the capital. What he feared hearing was them mentioning a failed ambush or assassins being caught sneaking their way into the army troops. The fight was fierce and both young and old lives were lost.

After two months bodies of the deceased arrived into the capital. The loud crying of mourning started to fill the city streets.

the following three months, the seventh prince Chu, Zhang Xi Ze received a decree, summoning him to aid the Crown prince in the front-lines. He swiftly rounded up his army leaving through the Xi capital's western gates. Ming Yu couldn't even see him off.

A month later the body of the gravely injured crown prince arrived and was rushed into the palace's wide entrance for all to witness. His life was hanging on a thread and he suffered from a heavy blow on his spine making him unable to move again. The king was distraught taking a huge toll on his body worsening his illness.

Another 2 months passed the deadline and Ming Yu lost all composure. The letters he kept receiving were already scarce and for the length of two months he received nothing. His heart was heavy, stifled and his brain was filled with worry.

[Ming Yu: Is he fine? Eating well? Not injured?]

[Admin: You know. Even if you ask me i wouldn't know.]

[Ming Yu: Are you not aware of what's happening?]

[Admin: "..."]

[Admin: I'm not god. i'm a system entirely existing to stalk you.]

[Ming Yu: ".."]

He couldn't sit still and do nothing.

"Uncle Cao, ill be in the city for a bit."

He said and walked out, joining the crowd listening in for news about the armies advances. He knew they could be made up mainly for entertaining their mouths but this was the only thing he could think of to lift the unrest he felt.

"The seventh prince. . . i hope he'll be back safe. With the crown prince like that. . ."

"Tsk! tsk! don't mention it!"

"The emperor is on his death bed. other than prince Chu, which prince can we rely on?"

Ming Yu put all of his attention to his minimal eavesdropping skills putting off all his guards. He drank his tea repeatedly sitting on the same spot from morning till late noon not minding the time.

His head started to hurt kneading the space between his brows. His vision blurred and his eyes started to spin only supporting himself with the table's help. His struggle lasted for a minute before knocking out.

"Took you long enough." chimed a seductive voice.

"Take him away." he voiced out happily.

[Admin: F*ck!!! Author wake up!]

He picked up the tea cup, traced the lip stain and drank on the same spot.

"Delicious." Muye licked his lips and said.

"Little rabbit. I'll have you tonight."

[Admin: Sh*ty protagonist! you're wife is caught! Where the f*ck are you!!!]

-

Short skit-

Li Jun: Wife, I'll be away. stay here and be safe okay?

Ming Yu: Mmn. I'll listen to you.

Muye: *knocks wifey out and kidnaps him.*

[Admin: WANG KE ER YOU USELESS B*TCH!!!]

Wang Ke Er: Achoo!* Am I getting a cold? My babes! come here and warm me up!!!

Yao Ren Jin: shivers* Did she cause trouble again?

Li Jun: Rips a dead soldier's head off it's shoulders with bare hands* Why do I feel like ripping all of them away?

142