Chapter 1 – The Value Of Paper Money
1.6k 3 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Currently, Zeel was swaggering his way down the street half-naked.

His clothing was almost entirely vaporized during the cosmic shift, surprisingly not many people took any note of his presence. The few that did, only threw mildly lustful gazes his way, but would immediately retract their gazes upon noticing his scarred body.

This led their imaginations to wonder about his chosen profession – possibly a mercenary or soldier?

"I guess people walking around half-naked is a normal occurrence in this universe?" Zeel muttered to himself, not minding the people avoiding him as if he was the plague.

He was also experiencing mild cosmic dissonance after the earlier Multiversal Jump or Mjump for short.

After all the headaches and his brief contact with the information dimension, Zeel was able to identify only the name of his current Universe – 'The Resident Evil Universe'.

Zeel's mind wandered as he walked.

His mind was currently filled with questions that he didn't want answers to anytime soon, but it was kind of hard to not think about what occurred before he left Universe 0.

Just before Zeel jumped into the Warp Gate.

Just as Zeel was about to enter the Warp Gate to begin his life anew, Zeel felt his body being pulled away towards an enormous source of energy.

For the first time since his birth, Zeel felt an indescribable emotion. The emotion didn't originate from Zeel himself, nor was it an instinctual reaction. It was almost as if the world itself demanded the emotion - fear.

As he was being pulled away by a force he couldn't hope to contend with, Zeel looked back only to see everyone frozen in time – a feat that would be deemed impossible without a temporal engine.

Of course, The Crawford Household could do something similar but, this was done without prior warning or signs. A temporal engine was a rare resource even for an advanced civilization like Homo-Superiors.

Zeel was pulled into a void of burning multi-colored flames. The flames circled around cosmic storms where everything lost its meaning: up was down, left was right, big was small, chaos was order, flames were water, life was black, sin was non-existent.

Zeel held his head as even with his mind, it was impossible to comprehend what a place like this could possibly be, it just didn't make any sense whatsoever.

The flames flickered as an archaic voice resonated throughout the void of infinite nothingness and fullness "I have seen you trying to escape this universe. Your travels almost escaped my eyes with its uniqueness, but you still have yet to perfect it,"

Zeel tried to speak several times in response but other than sporadic shaking, he could not muster up the strength to do anything else.

Zeel felt suppressed by The Being in front of him. Without his technology, Zeel was now at the mercy of something much stronger than himself.

"I am the Cosmic Force in charge of ending universes who have been negatively infected with sentient life. Your humans have drifted from the correct path and hence I am here to cleanse you,"

The rest of the conversation was a blur. Even with his impeccable memory, Zeel could only recall bits and pieces.

He could only recall being completely overwhelmed and infinitely bored at the same time.

"But … you have to promise," The voice said as chains wrapped around Zeel, searing the marks onto his very soul "Find… my daughters … L****n, P******, and Er********,"

Zeel could not hear any of the names, it was as if they were forbidden to his Homo-Superior ears, but he rapidly nodded his head, at this point, he was prepared to do anything to escape this crazy place.

"You must hurry, they're ... and they won't …..... you must fight since I can't ...…. Or many other universes will suffer .... good ones and not just your filthy one," The archaic voice said, its voice phasing in and out of Zeel's auditory range.

Zeel, on the other hand, could care less about what was said and only opted to get the hell out of dodge as quickly as he possibly could.

Zeel found that compliance could never go wrong – as for the chains that bounded him earlier, well, that was a problem for later.

*****

Zeel still felt shivers down his spine as he thought back to the conversation with the Being that called itself a 'Cosmic Force'.

Cosmic Forces were not unknown to the Homo-Superior Database, but it was an extremely high-level clearance data. Luckily, Zeel had all the clearance he currently needed, after all, there was no Homo-Superior surviving that could stop him.

Zeel vowed to avoid such Beings as much as possible for the rest of his life.

Thankfully, his life was no longer immortal due to his choice of nanites' evolution.

Zeel felt that this phenomenon was encroaching on the domain of the metaphysical. Without any technology, Zeel wanted to stay as far away from drama as possible.

Zeel was a science-oriented person, with no inkling in the belief of greater power than science could not explain. After all, to Zeel "Magic was a science that has not been explained as yet."

Ironic, considering he had seen the energy called 'magic' before.

With all these thoughts going through his head, Zeel was walking down the street until he passed by a group of kids drinking and smoking around the corner.

Seeing this as a perfect opportunity to score some information, he walked towards them.

"Hey, guys!"

"Who is that fucker talking to?" asked the first teenager.

"He's an idiot!" said the second teenager.

"Where can I get a place around here?" asked Zeel.

He was not yet accustomed to the entire language of this Universe. English was within his nanites database, but not all 'English' across Universes were the exact same.

"Right through here," the third teenager said, referring to a rundown alley.

Zeel followed the three teenagers into the alley, before abruptly stopping just as the three launched themselves at him. Of course, he had long since known that these guys were crooks since they had the ancient 'crook vibe' he had experienced in ancient simulations.

Still, the entire ordeal was a bit disappointing. Some part of him expected ionic beams, gravity bombs, or maybe even nukes? Wasn't that what the people of this time used?

Dodging the three consecutive blows, Zeel then extended his index finger of both hands and jumped between the 3 teens, while jutting his fingers towards the shoulders of two which was accompanied by two *crunch* sounds.

Then he kneed the third teen in the balls, eliciting a squeal like a groan?

'Even the sounds they make are ancient and lack individuality' Zeel thought rummaging and searching their pockets, lamenting the fact that he could not hack anything with the current dormant state of his SRNT.

After a brief period of evaluating his gains: $200 cash, a pack of bubble gums, a pocket knife, and a silver pack with weird lube like rubber balloons inside.

Zeel was then about to perform a bow towards those he robbed but abruptly stopped.

"Are you guys Chinese? I read you have to bow to say thank you?" Zeel said as he guessed the origins of these primitive humans.

However, after a while, he gave up and decided everyone should be treated as Americans "Thank you, Bros,"

It was strange speaking to people since Homo-Superiors never had to talk much. Only gesture and technology would automatically understand the psychic commands.

Zeel's fingers were sore from the technique previously used.

His body was at the limit of human capability and maybe even a bit above. Zeel could accelerate any part of his body to be as fast as a bullet; though prolonged movements like this will leave his body sore for days at a time.

This would not have been an issue had he still been integrated with INT. The INT would have repaired the damage as fast as it was dealt, but now he had SRNT.

Finishing his 'debt collection', Zeel headed to a hotel near a plaza, contemplating having some sleep so he can fully deal with the issue of the constant ringing inside his mind.

Mandatory sleep would be a new experience for Zeel, but it would not cause that much effects.

Not long after arriving at the hotel, Zeel very soon exited opting to head down the street while cursing about expensive hotels, much to the amusement of the passers-by.

In Zeel's defense, he never had to use something as primitive as paper money before, so to him, $1 would be something of inestimable value. Literally, Zeel currently could not estimate the value of a U.S One Dollar Bill.

After arriving at the motel down the street, he paid $50 for the night and went to his room. Zeel then laid on the bed after a quick shower.

He remained in the shower for two hours grimacing the entire time. The shower was difficult to figure out, and the water was mixed with too many contaminants.

Zeel laid on the bed and entered a slumber soon after.

40