Chapter 16 – Zeel’s Awakening
848 2 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gandhi once said, "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed,"

However, when it came to the Umbrella Corporation, there wasn't that much left to be greedy about... except, well, the world itself.

It was this greed that led the Umbrella Corporation to unlock Pandora's Box known as 'The Hive'.

This specific facility had become restricted grounds after the capture of two exceptional individuals that proved to be excellent experimental material.

Seeing that two exceptional experimental subjects came from The Hive, Researchers pushed for the reopening of The Hive to find a way to create more Peak-Humans.

However, not every miracle could be recreated.

In an underground facility below the streets of Raccoon City, several people in hazmat suits could be seen scanning a gate with radiation detectors.

Despite being aware of the break-out that had occurred inside the facility, human curiosity once again reared its ugly head.

                                                                            ∞∞∞

"Get ready to open the gates," Doctor Gold said after finding no leak within the structure of The Hive.

"What are the codes?"  Doctor Black replied, ready to input the password for the entrance.

"15642 just punch it in,"

"It's opening; expedition team, get ready to explore,"

"Rodger that, entering,"

A couple of Minutes later the operation encountered a stagnation.

*AAAAHHHHHHH*

*BLLERG*

*Crunch*

"Expedition team what is happening?" Doctor Gold yelled into his communicator.

"M-m-mmmm-monsters!"

"Monsters!"

The sounds of slaughter were not only heard from the communicator but also growing in frequency from the entrance.

Looking at the scans Doctor Gold could see several red dots converging at his location.

"What the hell is..."

*snap*

*crack*

*flatline*

                                                                          ∞∞∞

Several Umbrella Corporation cars were rushing through a Suburban neighborhood without any care for the children who just got off from school.

The cars spun around the curve, driving forward as a child was frozen in front of the car. Luckily, the mother managed to pull her kid back in time to avoid a tragedy.

"Damn, I almost hit that kid!"

"Haha, you can catch the next one,"

"That's why we are best friends, Rob,"

"So who we gonna pick up?"

"Some cripple named Dr. Charles Ashford,"

"Okay"

Twenty minutes later the car came to a stop.

The car held infinite mystery: tinted windows, full black, with men in black driving with shades on their faces.

Two men jumped out of the car immediately and ran into the house.

"Excuse me Sir you're gonna have to come with us!" An Umbrella Employee said as they hurried to complete their assigned mission.

"Wait I need to get my daughter from school," Dr. Ashford pleaded.

He was a cripple but he was also a father. That meant that even if he had to crawl to his daughter without his wheelchair, he would do so without any hesitation.

"That is already being done, Sir," The Umbrella employee reported after confirmation via his communicator.

Charles Ashford sighed in relief at the confirmation.

"Okay!" Dr. Charles said even if he would rather supervise his daughter's pickup himself.

                                                                    ∞∞∞

While driving from Raccoon City Junior School, the car carrying Ashford's daughter encountered an accident on the highway.

Raccoon city had long since descended into Pandemonium.

The T-Virus was not confined to The Hive as Alice and Zeel initially intended.

Countless people had become infected across the city but it was not to the point of mass panic and anarchy as yet, it was slowly progressing in that direction.

Car movements were erratic and some people used this opportunity to steal what they had always dreamed of, sadly for them, it would bring them no pleasures if they could not live long enough to enjoy it.

The car transporting Angie was involved in an accident, luckily, the girl did not die but the same could not be said about her escorts.

"Sir we have lost contact with gamma 12," An Umbrella agent reported to the central hub located at the center of Raccoon City.

"Rodger, send a team to investigate," The person in charge responded.

"Okay," the agent replied.

                                                                          ∞∞∞

Jill Valentine (POV)

I woke up in the same shitty apartment as always.

Ever since I've been discharged as a STARS enforcement personnel, I have a lot of time on my hands. These are chaotic times so I don't feel bored much.

Strapping on my high heels and some tight work attire, I exit my home and head towards the station for my newest past time, shooting some zombies.

If you asked the media, they are called 'The new mentally unfit'.

I know everyone can see that the zombies are dead but people are still arresting them.

I wonder how dumb people can be, especially in times of chaos.

Some people tend to cling to the last piece of hope instead of adapting to the situation. I guess change came easier for me since I was trained to adapt.

I enter the station, guns akimbo just in case somebody needs an extra bullet in their ass.

I saw a police getting bit on the neck - point, aim, shoot just like what I use to tell my useless ex-bf that could never satisfy me.

Luckily, those words work fine beyond just sex, and right now is a prime example as I sent two bullets through the heads of two zombies.

I continue the trend and begin to count.

That's one...

two...

three...

four...

So four today, huh?

I kinda wanted to shoot the black guy who was fighting with a zombie near him, since he looked especially annoying but society hasn't fallen that low yet so I'll settle for his cuffs.

The man named JD thanked me as if I was Jesus himself coming to take his soul to heaven and then he bolted away.

Tsk, I guess I should have at least bust a cap in his ass since he was truly an annoying guy.

                                                                    ∞∞∞

In a tent located at the center of Raccoon City, Major Cain was scouring the Umbrella database to find a Project that could test his latest achievement - Project Nemesis.

The Director scrolled down and finally found two files: Project Alice, Project Exodus.

Both Projects were the most highly rated amongst Umbrella's resources at the moment. Both Projects would be moved in a couple of hours, so Major Cain thought it wise to choose the best Project to test his own.

"Hmmm, better try my luck with the bigger fish so I could impress the upper echelons," Cain thought, selecting Project Exodus.

"Not Advised, Access Restricted, Access Denied,"

Cain's screen was soon filled with several prompts advising against activating Project Exodus.

Project Exodus, of course, referring to Zeel whom the Umbrella researchers had taken a keen interest in over the past months since the incident in The Hive.

They found Zeel's biology to be unique and tried everything to replicate the process but failed to clone him properly, hence they settled for the next best thing – inject him with the T-virus and see what happens.

The Researchers were just guessing at that point, and curious about the result. They wanted to see if Zeel could integrate as perfectly with the T-Virus as Project Alice did.

Major Cain seeing that he could not activate Project Exodus, settled for the next best thing and proceeds to activate Project Alice.

Little did he know that activating Project Alice was equivalent to activating Project Exodus since Zeel shared his nanites with Alice for them to be able to find each other at any given time.

Zeel and Alice's bodies would automatically awake if the distance exceeds a certain threshold. Luckily, The Researchers discovered this phenomenon and kept Alice and Zeel relatively close to each other.

                                                                        ∞∞∞

In two separate rooms, at two different facilities, five kilometers apart.

Alice gasped and awakened; likewise, Zeel gasped and began stirred awake, a blazing fire in both their eyes.

Zeel and Alice now shared the same SRNT so they could know the location of each other immediately.

Even if they were separated by worlds apart, they could still know which direction to travel to get to the other.

Alice, during her experimentation, was not entirely in a medically induced coma since she could feel Zeel's presence the entire time.

The connection acted as an anchor to keep her sane during the painful experiments. She could also vaguely sense his mood during his slumber.

Of course, this was not felt by Zeel since it required a thorough grasp on emotions he did not yet possess.

33