Chapter 35 – Another Useful Thing
536 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Exiting the hole, Zeel was greeted with the sight of bones and flesh strewn on the wall alongside vines that formed cross-hatches.

Zeel was unfazed at the sight in front of him, he had been all over the world in the last six months.

He had witnessed everything from carnivorous plants to people who created tribes from the fetish of fucking animals.

Have you ever seen a group of people raping horses and pigs like it was a normal Tuesday? How much worse can it get after seeing stuff like that?

In the center of the cavern, Zeel saw a zombie hung up by vines with a flower growing out its head. No doubt the flower was parasitic in nature.

Zeel ran a quick scan of the entire cavern, not leaving an inch unexplored since data collection had a nasty habit of biting you in the ass if you missed even a smirch.

"Parasite Flowers, huh? It seems to feed on not just nutrients, but energy itself. Interesting!" Zeel voiced out loud as he examined the crisscrossing vines and flowers that loitered the entire cavern.

Circling around with his eyes a couple of times, Zeel noticed one area where the vines refused to grow.

Following his indicator, Zeel found this to be the location of the vibranium.

"So these things can't absorb certain metals or maybe it is the properties of the vibranium?" Zeel thought as he came up with several plans to counter these vines in a single instant.

Unstrapping his belt and taking his tools out, Zeel began digging and dusting carefully for about an hour.

He carefully grabbed a fist-size chunk of vibranium and stored it on his back. Not long after, Zeel heard the sounds of moans and groans, so he hid behind a nearby rock.

"Go harder! Harder,"

"I am out baby, can't go anymore. Here take this last load,"

*groan*

*ugh*

Zeel heard the voices of James and Sasha having sex. He did not really mind it though. Zeel could tell from their interactions that Sasha was the girlfriend of Tim.

"I pity the poor guy. That's why you don't trust women besides Alice .. maybe not even her," Zeel said to himself in deep contemplation since he had never once thought about being cheated on.

He had planned many ways to kill those who betrayed him or sought his life, but this never included cheating.

Zeel made a mental note to think about this matter a bit later down the line.

Just as he was about to leave, Zeel heard James say "And I am sorry for this also!"

Peeking inside he could see James strangling a naked Sasha.

This action continued until the struggling Sasha no longer fought against his grip – she died.

After which James threw her over his shoulder and proceeded to venture towards an inconspicuous wall near the corner.

Opening up the wall revealed numerous dead bodies and a crystal with the surface pulsing mysteriously.

The pulses were not unlike a beating heart – almost as if it was alive. Upon opening the wall, Zeel's scanner began to light up like the 4th of July, indicating it found a super rare element that could be useful to him.

After reading the information on the scanner, Zeel was surprised to find that he did not know of this particular element.

This was a major deal for someone like Zeel who prided himself on having worked with every metal known to the Multiverse.

Note, Zeel's Universe was at the pinnacle of technology, some would even consider the things they could do magic.

Zeel had never come across a metal he could not synthesize or had experience using before.

The only thing that currently held him back from obtaining all the rare metals was the lack of resources and equipment to synthesize such metals.

Flicking his wrist a couple of times, Zeel got the scanner to quiet down.

Zeel then exited the cave swiftly, leaving not even a shadow behind.

Running back to the camp and slipping into his room, Zeel began sifting through satellite images trying to find Alice's location and see her current situation.

This was a common pass time for him over the years. It was then he noticed he could still feel Alice's signal but it felt somewhat suppressed.

Like her powers were being suppressed or the nanites were fighting a foreign substance that was introduced into her body.

A sense of urgency overtook him as he thought about all the possibilities that could cause such a situation to occur.

Even if the nanites weren't yet Stage Three, it could still be considered the pinnacle of technology in this world and many others.

A scenario where Alice's abilities were suppressed should not be able to occur unless...

"Unless she is subconsciously rejecting the nanites. Since they function by thought and need. If she felt she no longer needed them, they would enter a dormant state," Zeel muttered out loud as his intuition told him this was indeed the case.

Zeel was a bit concerned looking through the images of Alice's plane, but he could only do this a limited number of times each week.

The AI system of Umbrella Corporation would soon resolve the hack. Over the past few weeks, the satellite has been overloading constantly.

This only occurs when the codes were being changed or the Umbrella Corporation was preparing for a big expedition. This caused Zeel's signal to overlap with Umbrella's own.

As Zeel was about to close his eyes and enter his usual half-asleep state, James stepped into his tent and found him bickering with his scanner.

"Cool watch," James said.

Zeel shrugged "It's a scanner,"

"Been here all day?" James asked.

"Maybe, but what would happen if I wasn't," Zeel said shooting a challenging glare towards James.

"Good. I'll go check on the others," James said in a cautious tone with Goosebumps appearing on his skin.

Zeel was contemplating whether he should kill James now or later. Maybe James could still prove useful to him.

After all, Zeel needed to know the history of whatever that crystal was in the caves.

18