Chapter 44 – Tour
511 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zeel walked next to Alice grabbing her by the waist.

He spun her around and put her on his back as he now had enough strength to walk on his own.

Alice noted that his healing factor had increased since she last saw him.

Alice just went with the flow and laughed cheerfully. She could be mistaken for a teenage girl that had found her first love.

Both of which could suffice as an explanation, since both Alice and Zeel looked younger than their ages would indicate.

Alice swayed her body from side to side on Zeel's back. She was not annoyed at his action, since she was already aware of his clingy nature.

Usually, these actions were reserved for when they were in a more private setting, but after months of not seeing each other, they could care less about who saw them.

"I missed you," Zeel said.

"Me too!" Alice replied leaning her head onto Zeel's shoulders from his back.

"I have a lot of makeup to do for lost time," Zeel said kissing her neck in a slow, sensual manner, eliciting a few moans from Alice.

His kisses alone already drove her crazy, Alice couldn't wait for the day to end.

"Yes you do, maybe for the entire night," Alice replied in a seductive voice.

Claire gawked at how someone as stoic as Alice, could become an experienced wench in the next moment.

'You never really know someone,' Claire lamented feeling both surprised and angry at the duo's lack of restraint.

"Enough flirting around," Claire said as she interrupted their flirting after a minor headache "I remember some things. Sadly, one of those things is Zeel,"

"Haha very funny," Zeel replied in a sarcastic manner.

"You remember?" asked Alice, placing great importance on any matter concerning the mysterious Arcadia.

"I remember the beach. People were coming to help us," Claire said as she had a happy look on her face, with stars in her eyes. After all, who didn't want to be rescued from the apocalypse?

"What happened? Why didn't you go with others?" questioned Alice.

"I don't know. I can't remember," Claire replied as she held her head from the intense bouts of headaches.

*cough*

*cough*

"Maybe they just didn't want you," replied Zeel with a snide comment "They probably already had enough hogs on the ship to eat,"

"Fuck you Zeel!" Claire said taking a couple of steps forward.

Luckily, Alice blocked her way, stopping the situation from escalating.

"Enough you two," Alice commanded "Zeel what did you mean they didn't want her?"

"As astute as always my loving wife, have you ever wondered why I, your genius, loving, kind, husband was falling from the air?

Well, long story short, I was captured by Umbrella and was supposed to be transported to a place called Arcadia. Do you get it now?" Zeel said with a hint of mocking directed at Claire in his voice.

"So Arcadia is a front for the Umbrella Corporation, but what are they doing to the people they captured?" Alice asked as she wouldn't doubt Zeel for a second.

After experiencing their initial connection, she came to know how paranoid Zeel was. If a spider passed by him with too many legs not common to the species, he would immediately become alert.

"I don't know, but nothing good if I had to guess," Zeel said as he focused on more details "I was in the Amazon jungle.

At first, I thought they were there to conduct research but thinking about it now. I think they were waiting for me, and the only reason they would do that is if I bothered them… which I didn't, at least I don't think I did,"

"Yeah, that maybe my fault," Alice said as she clarified "I killed Wesker,"

"So you're the reason they came such a long way for me?" Zeel asked a bit annoyed at the fact that the husband had to pay for the sins of the wife.

'Is this truly what marriage is about?' Zeel questioned himself.

Marriage in his universe had become antiquated, but the psychic connection was a type of commitment ceremony as well. Though, Zeel could never truly forge a psychic connection with Alice on a deeper level since she was not a Homo-Superior.

While Alice and Zeel could both be considered human, there were also differences between them. It was akin to a human and a monkey, with Alice being the latter.

"No shit Sherlock," Claire replied at the side, just intent on finding a way to get under Zeel's skin.

"Stop arguing all the time guys! We should keep this between the three of us for now. Hope is a very dangerous thing when it is taken away," Alice said as she nursed a new scar on her lower back.

Seeing her action, Zeel took a step towards her.

Zeel pulled her into an embrace as he began inspecting her body for fresh scars. He immediately noticed a couple more stars that weren't there a couple of months ago.

"Guess you saw how far humanity has fallen?" Zeel asked sure about the reply to his answer.

"Yeah," Alice replied.

"Then do you still wish to help them? Knowing that it's just gonna be a perpetual cycle?" Zeel asked once again sure of the answer, but only to be surprised at the response.

Alice used her hands to match their eyes as she said "You don't feel the weight of what you have done so far, but one day you will. And then you'll realize that if everyone is like you – that would truly be hell,"

Zeel did not understand what she was trying to say, nor did he care for that matter. Zeel always hated those who spoke in hints instead of straightforwardly.

A couple of minutes later, the trio was being escorted downstairs and given a minor tour. Just enough for them to be able to find themselves around the place, without having to bother anyone else.

Time was a precious commodity in these chaotic times, so even bidding the time of the day would be considered a luxury.

"Cell Block B. Crystal's our cook. The menus are not extensive, but she's a master what she does," Luther said concluding the hour-long tour.

"Sorry we didn't bring better news," Alice said as she once again apologized for the false alarm that had occurred earlier.

After getting in the line to receive a meal, the group ceased talking as everyone was eager to just eat and relax.

"Why are we waiting? Excuse me. I'm hungry. Thank you." Bennett said swerving through the group, not minding those that were waiting for a meal before him.

"Get out of here," Luther said pushing Bennet out of the way for being disrespectful to the order of the line.

Alice could feel Zeel's hands tense up for a moment but she held it down with great difficulty.

With her nanites dormant, Alice's strength had also become less refined, so she had major trouble keeping Zeel's natural inclinations at bay.

"What's his story?" asked Alice, still gripping Zeel's hands powerfully.

"Back in the world, he was kind of a big movie producer. The boy's got a stick to his ass! Kim Young used to intern for him But he still hasn't figured out the world has changed," Luther replied loud enough for everyone to hear.

He even gestured to Kim and Benett as if tempting them to fight him for his remark.

"That plane of yours... You think it can still fly?" asked Bennett.

Zeel replied instead of Alice "It does but now can only carry one person due to lack of fuel, and instability in flight,"

Bennett nodded and Alice gave Zeel a questioning stare.

Zeel simply shrugged and took out an energy bar from his pocket. He never once considered eating the meal provided by Crystal.

Homo-Superior biology worked differently from humans.

Truth be told, Zeel was most cautious of people who always smiled and looked cheerful. Had it been up to him, he would have killed Crystal from the moment he saw her.

21