Chapter 49 – Zeel The Miser
478 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After securing all the weapons they could from the armory, Zeel was about to check at the progress of relocating the engine.

Suddenly, Alice held his hand as she gestured to her ear. Both Zeel and Alice began to listen carefully.

"The movement has increased. These things are about to breakthrough," Alice said as she was more attuned with her surroundings than Zeel.

Just as Chris was about to panic, the trio heard the noise of the starting plane – no doubt Bennet had already seated himself inside, ready to fly off all by his lonesome.

Alice wasn't too concerned as she knew the plane couldn't take everyone, and two people leaving was better than none. While Zeel simply smirked and rushed to the top.

On their way to the top of the base, the trio met Claire and Luther. They all ran up the stairs together.

For Alice and Zeel, their ascension was much faster. Alice was making great leaps with the aid of telekinesis, while Zeel moved in fits of blurs up the stairs.

Looking at the lower stairs, Luther witnessed the walls shaking as swarms of zombies broke out from within.

"Where are the others?" Zeel shouted from the top of the stairs. He had slowed down a great deal along with Alice.

"Dead. Bennett killed them," Luther replied without any fluctuations in his voice, or maybe he was panting too much to convey the proper emotions through his tone of voice.

He soon reached the top of the stairs with Zeel and Alice.

"What a predicament," Chris said.

He didn't care about anyone besides Claire.

Busting through the last door between them and the roof, the group could see Bennett pressing buttons desperately.

Bennett was trying to get the plane to start but to no avail. Zeel watched the theatrics for a while, before intervening.

"What are you doing?" Zeel asked with contempt lacing his voice.

Bennett responded by pointing a gun in their direction and firing multiple shots, but nothing happened.

The gun was completely empty.

"What, how?" Bennet questioned, he was certain he filled the cartridge before he killed Angel and Kim.

"Well, I only left two bullets in the gun when I stole it from you. It was a gamble on my part since I thought you'd only kill Angel – that way you'd have one bullet left to shoot me with, but you exceeded my expectations. You killed Kim as well," Zeel said as he walked towards the trembling Bennet, all the while not stopping his applaud.

Zeel was genuinely impressed by Bennett's will to live.

It was still far from his own will, but impressive for a human nonetheless.

After reaching Bennett, Zeel grabbed him by the neck and knocked him out. When the others come running over, Alice looked at Zeel for a while before turning to Bennet and letting out a deep sigh.

"You didn't give him much of a choice did you?" Alice asked.

"I actually did gamble, but he was a bit worse than I accounted for," Zeel said as he shrugged his shoulders dismissively.

"Could you see it earlier?" Zeel asked gesturing to the sky.

"Yeah, I can keep up now, though I don't think I could see everything. I think it's because of my nanites and powers creating a kind of field that allowed me to see it, but I could feel it from a couple of miles away," Alice replied.

"Yeah, someone is watching us. Someone that chose not to kill us at that moment. To think that Umbrella has such destructive imploding bombs though," Zeel commented looking towards the skies.

A couple of minutes ago as Zeel was walking towards Bennet, he and Alice both saw what seemed to be a faint light flicker in the distance.

It was a couple of miles above their current location, but with Zeel's and Alice's ability senses, it was easy to pick up what it was – an imploding bomb.

Even with all their cards on the table, they would have been killed had the bomb not been self-destructed.

Both Alice and Zeel utilized the self-destruction ability of their nanites, but it was not enough to detonate the bomb.

Luckily, the person controlling the bomb decided to self-destruct the bomb at the last moment.

"What are we going to do now? I hear you required the engine but that is impossible now," Chris said as he pointed to the zombies that were currently stuck trying to make their way through the numerous blockades on the roof.

"I have a plan but it is a crazy one," Zeel replied flicking the Mbeamer and entering a string of coordinates.

"What is that for?" Alice asked, curious about what action he would take.

She was optimistic since things couldn't possibly get worse from here onwards.

Zeel replied "Just a precaution in case things don't go as planned,"

"Things never go as planned," Alice snorted at Zeel's remark.

'Since when have things ever gone as we expect?' Alice thought.

"Then this will be plan ABCDE and F," Zeel replied still tampering with his Mbeamer.

"So what's the plan," Claire asked.

"First tie Bennett onto a chair and strap him up with some explosives then come over here," Zeel replied and brought Alice to the side so they could talk privately.

A couple of minutes later, the zombie horde broke through the obstacles that blocked them; Zeel made Alice and Claire sit inside the plane.

He tossed his guns inside with Alice for safekeeping. Without his guns, Zeel would always feel naked.

Zeel then quickly used parachute straps to wrap around Chris and Luther. This tied both of their fates to Zeel's.

"What the fuck. You're not thinking about doing what I think right?" Luther asked staring dazedly at the parachute straps wrapped around him like diapers.

"Where is your sense of adventure. I see no better way to die so enjoy it," Chris said sounding depressed but lacking emotion as always, Zeel could swear this guy was a robot in his past life.

Taking out a crystalline rock from his belt, a relatively large chunk, Zeel tossed it into the engine. As if on signal, the plane roared to life with renewed vigor.

Deep inside Zeel mourned for his Zeelinium crystal.

It's a good thing he had learned the method to synthesize it – though he would need the appropriate human nutrients for an accelerated growth procedure.

"Hang on guys and Let's go, Al," Zeel said as Alice pushed the ignition. the plane shot off the building just as the zombies broke through the barricade.

At first, the plane was in a state of free fall, then it began barely floating as Alice exerted her telekinetic influence.

This gave the plane enough time to achieve the velocity required to engage in flight.

Alice released her telekinetic influence as the engines roared to life. The group was flying through the skies, attached to the plane like daredevils.

Chris and Luther were screaming like girls throughout the entire flight and Claire was throwing up in the back. Alice was drowsy but still managed to steer the plane towards the Arcadia.

When the group was a safe distance from the building, they heard a loud boom as Bennett pulled the pin to trigger the explosives.

"See guys, even a useless man can be useful at the time, hahaha," Zeel said, laughing darkly to himself.

Everyone felt shivers run down their spines. They forgot that Zeel gave off the vibe of an actual Demon Lord.

"Better not throw up on my fucking guns," Zeel yelled to Claire who just threw a middle finger at him.

Halfway to the Arcadia, Chris, and Luther began holding both Zeel's arms as if they're a couple of lollies fighting over which one of them he was going to marry when their older brother.

This amused Zeel but also weirded him out at the same time.

Alice just laughed from inside the plane. Alice and Zeel had no aversion to heights since they could probably survive even a fall from ten thousand feet, but the others were not as incredible as the duo.

A couple of minutes later, they were about to land on the Arcadia.

Zeel, carrying Luther and Chris, released the wing when they were about a hundred feet in the air.

They landed safely after a couple of roles. Of course, Zeel took most of the impact, but Chris and Luther were professionals for a reason.

They quickly dispersed the excess momentum using their own techniques. Alice and Claire landed almost perfectly.

A wheel snapped off during the landing process. This almost caused them to go over the edge of the ship.

Zeel didn't look for Alice's safety. Instead, he ripped the engine apart, searching for what was left of his Zeelinium Crystal.

'What a fucking miser,' Alice complained internally.

21