Chapter 65 – Paradise Hills
345 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On their way to paradise hills, Alice and Zeel watched the video many times but due to the quality of the video and the guy running off immediately after the shooting started, even with nanites touching up the picture, they still could not fully identify the person in the video.

They could tell his height, and hair color but all those characteristics could change by the next time they see the person. With the technology of this world, it was not impossible to become anyone you want.

This could further be complemented by the Loriens unique hiding skills, their chances of finding the Number was minimal at best.

Upon their arrival landing at the outskirts of Paradise Hills, the trio then made their way towards a mansion near the school.

It wasn't long after their arrival that the realtor showed up. The realtor enthusiastically introduced the mansion.

For an unused mansion it seemed spick and span, Zeel noticed but said nothing. Alice suspected the realtor had shown up ahead of time and cleaned the entire place, which was an impressive feat considering the size.

Zeel, Alice, and Lexa had become used to the way people would treat them after a while. Zeel and Alice had come from a world where people could care less about your money and wealth, so being treated like gods because they possessed such good backgrounds was the first experience for both of them.

After all documents and procedures were finished, Lexa went back to the ship near the outskirts of the town, flying it into the back yard of the mansion.

Once there, Alice and Zeel with their TechnoMancy and Telekinesis respectively disassembled the quinjet and redesigned the mansion. Now it was akin to a fortified base with a custom AI system that made getting in and going out difficult, if not with either Alice or Zeel present.

Zeel named the AI 'The Red Queen' since she could be considered an old enemy that later became a friend. Though for some aching reason, he felt as if it was only right to name the AI that way.

It was not long after the realtor, left with a couple thousand dollars' cash in her pockets, that rumors started about the rich married teens alongside their stepmom moving into the mansion near the school.

A slang came out later that day 'Paradise of the Rich'; a phrase that caught on as if a wildfire in dry forested land. All documents were forged considering that school would be starting the following day.

Though the documents could not be called forged, rather it would be best considered as purchased since the principal himself agreed after a sizable donation to the school's football team.

Zeel had briefly considered participating in sports but Alice halted the idea in its premature stages as she was well aware of his tendencies. Sports would just be an excuse to ruin whatever he deemed less efficient or useful to his cause.

The following day, Alice and Zeel got dressed in something different from their usual attire.

Alice wearing her baggie military pants with a pair of converse shoes, and crop top showing off her firm muscle and body shape; the scars on her stomach were beginning to fade making her stomach smooth with a few scars here and there. However, this did not detach from her overall beauty.

Zeel dressed in military-style sweat pants, brown timberland boots, and a Captain America long-sleeved shirt that showcased his muscle linings.

Unlike Alice, he could not show his scars as they were too numerous and covered 70% of his body.

Zeel had tried removing them before but they remained as if it told the story of his life- a story which he could never erase. Zeel didn't dislike them, then again he was unsure of how he felt towards them due to his emotional condition.

"Finished with the dressing?" Lexa asked as she peeked through the door into Zeel's and Alice's shared room.

"Yeah, so what did you find?" Zeel replied not minding her presence. He never had inhibitions and hence did not mind being seen naked by anyone or anything. Only survival mattered in the end, but recently he had begun to think about 'how to survive' mattered as well.

"Twenty people recently moved into paradise hill, ten-match the description we could gather from the video, but that's as much as we can do while simultaneously slowing the progression of the Mogadorians forces in government and other organized systems," Lexa said a bit downcasted.

Previously, she was fighting the Mogadorians from her run-down computer, now that she had better equipment and could see how much they had infiltrated the Earth, she had to admit she was a bit discouraged imagining the future had she not met Zeel and Alice.

Over time, she had come to know Zeel and Alice fairly well and had also come to fear both of them. Zeel was a very straightforward person and was very predictable – that was exactly was scared her. Zeel's predictability made him hard to deal with since he would act on any impulse deemed efficient or logical. But what truly scared her was Alice, what kind of woman would it take to keep a man such as Zeel under control?

Lexa always had the nagging feeling that Alice looked over Zeel and was actually the one that made the decisions. Zeel's actions could be seen as necessary, but Alice's actions held both logic and an emotional factor.

Lexa was not sure if it was an illusion, but she would always feel Alice's gaze on her at every given moment.

"Guess we'll have to approach each one, I'll do the talking," Alice said as she gave Zeel the stink eye, knowing he was more likely to frighten potential targets making their jobs that much harder.

After exiting the house, the duo only had to walk a couple of blocks before they arrived at the school. The natural aura they exuded drew the eyes of the many hormone-driven teenage girls and boys onto themselves.

For a moment, both Zeel's and Alice's bodies tensed up as the only time they had come in contact with this many people before were in a zombie horde. Surprisingly, it was Zeel who held Alice back this time as she was subconsciously preparing to attack.

Zombies' hordes were something ingrained into their every bodily instinct, hence Alice took the numerous people staring at her particularly traumatizing.

Far inside the crowd was a boy with a hoodie perfectly blending into the background.

John wanted to approach the duo whose names he had heard in his vision but ultimately decided to follow Henri's decision as he too believed this was likely a trap by the Mogadorians.

Alice and Zeel were scanning the crowd with their nanites to determine if a numbered was amongst them.

Their eyes glanced at John briefly before moving on, despite John's best effort he stood out quite a bit with his blonde hair, while Alice and Zeel were looking for someone experienced in running and not standing out. Truly, the lucky choice of hair dye by John.

16