Chapter 71 – Go Socialize!
307 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following day, after the morning training and meditation exercises, it was decided that Alice would remain at home and let Zeel move on his own.

Zeel had become too reliant on Alice to aid him in socializing and though she liked his neediness, she also noted this could become a weakness if exploited correctly.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with me?" Zeel asked with a hint of pleading in his voice.

"I'm sure, you need to practice socializing with others on your own," Alice replied, feeling it was necessary but still a bit reluctant.

She knew Zeel could socialize if he wanted to, but rather he preferred more direct approaches.

Why do with conversation what you can do with a flick of your finger?

At school, the sessions were long and tedious like usual, when lunch came Zeel stuck to John for dear life.

Zeel disliked socializing and even after all this time, he barely had his new emotions under control. Zeel had the nanites restrict these emotional responses, only releasing them little by little.

He needed his rational thought at every moment on his journey.

Zeel's emotions would often contradict his logic and hence he decided to use his nanites to suppress them just enough.

This did not impede his feelings for Alice but enhanced them since his emotional threshold could not match his stage of emotional development.

Zeel could express himself enough to avoid situations that might end with him killing anyone.

It was not wrong to say Zeel felt emotions through Alice, hence Alice's decision to set him on his lonesome for a while.

Though she guessed by tonight he would be back in her bed taking out his frustrations on her body.

It had become increasingly difficult to keep up with Zeel's sexual craving these days. Alice never thought she'd be missing the clones she was once so envious of.

Exiting the school, John and Zeel found a nice place to sit down and have lunch.

They saw Sam coming their way, over this short period of time the three of them had become better acquainted.

"Hey, Spock!" called Mark from the other side of the stairs, gesturing to his friend who had a football in his hand.

Whoosh

"Nailed it!" Spock said after throwing the ball and knocking Sam over.

The entire action was swift and accurate; Zeel had to admire those of the football team for their impeccable throws.

"That had to hurt. Hey, stay down, man. Just stay down," Mark yelled from afar, further antagonizing Sam who was struggling to stand, but constantly falling over.

Zeel considered helping but saw no benefit in the action so he refrained from creating further trouble.

"He's gonna cry. He's gonna cry. Oh, Mommy's coming!" the guys started yelling out when they saw John walking towards Sam; to be honest the entire ordeal was akin to a knight in shining armor coming to defend his fallen princess.

John picked the ball up after making sure that Sam was okay; Sam gestured saying he was fine, but if his red eyes were any indicators.

Sam was clearly one bad day away from killing someone or committing suicide.

"Little help there," Mark said to John signaling him to throw the ball over.

John cracked back and let the ball sail faster than anyone could see, the ball had the strength to potentially kill a human though it looked like a normal fast throw to the ignorant.

Suddenly, Zeel appeared next to Mark pushing him back a couple of feet, while simultaneously stopping the ball with one hand.

Zeel held the ball tightly as he arched his body backward to look as if he had taken a deep hit, but truly he was trying to avoid the crowd seeing his hand around the ball emitting white smoke.

Zeel managed to perform the act flawlessly with no one seeing the football almost catch aflame in his hand.

"Quite a throw you got there, John," Mark said after Zeel handed him the ball; however, after touching the ball Mark quickly withdrew his hand due to how hot the ball was.

"Piss off!" Zeel said to Mark.

Mark gave him a vicious glare before departing, not daring to say anything back. Zeel saw Sarah taking pictures and videos of the event.

The extraordinary event could not be recognized because of how fast it had taken place, but if it could be reviewed later.

It could definitely raise some questions; hence, Zeel used his Techno-Mancy ability to destroy her camera before walking over to John.

Zeel began pulling him towards their home. John wanted to check on Sarah's condition before leaving but Zeel gave him no choice in the matter.

For the entirety of the following week, neither Zeel nor John came to school. Nobody really noticed or asked questions since Zeel was already a generous donor to the school.

The principal refused to bite the hand which fed him. After all, what were a couple of missed days in comparison to the couple thousand dollars he would collect daily?

They eventually came back to school. John had undergone a week-long training to control his legacy –enhancement.

It could promote his body capabilities to monstrous levels. John was almost as strong as Zeel, a fact that made him smug for a while, before a beat down by Zeel reminded him of his place.

The battle wasn't particularly intense as Zeel basically toyed around with him for the majority of the fight.

Recently Lexa and Henri had been working on strategies to expel the Mogadorians from Earth and track down the owner of the website 'They Walk Among Us'.

Lexa and Henri were constantly working on different projects.

Zeel had taken the liberty to upload some tech from Alice's original world onto the servers, just to check if they could be replicated with the equipment available.

Henri and Lexa made it their personal endeavors to try and recreate all tech Zeel uploaded using the equipment available.

This turned out to be a tall task as they rarely slept after they began the work.

John, during his week of training, would sometimes sneak out to communicate with Sarah.

Zeel and Alice had long since noticed but chose to close one eye to the matter due to his fast progress in combat training.

Though Zeel trained him extra hard since protecting a woman, especially a normal human, was a tall task with the Mogadorians breathing down their necks.

15