Chapter 80 – Smells Like Fish
272 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

John watched as Sarah began to fall. Not waiting for even a second, John used his telekinesis to freeze her in the air before falling to the ground and catching her.

Zeel waited until John had touched the ground before turning his attention to the officers near the window.

They remained frozen in place, all their muscle constricted keeping them from even speaking.

Zeel raised his hand and pointed towards his head as the officers mimicked his actions.

Then Zeel did a motion as if pulling a trigger causing all officers on the scene to blow their own brains out – including Mark's father, the Sheriff.

Zeel breathes a sigh of relief with a contented smile on his face for the first time since coming to this Universe, but his smile quickly froze as he stared up at a peculiar star in the sky – he felt as if it was watching him.

But he was unsure, Zeel felt like he was being watched from the inside and out.

Jumping down from the roof, Zeel joined Sarah and John.

Rushing out the yard, the three of them were greeted with carnage as Alice had smashed the police cars into balls of metal after evacuating the officers inside.

Alice looked at them surprised, but she mainly looked at Sarah.

Sarah seemed to adapt to the situation a bit too well, and Alice knew this was probably Zeel's doing.

Zeel still disliked Alice's mercy, since freeing someone today could kill you tomorrow.

Of course, this could also help you but Zeel didn't like taking chances. Further away, students at the party were videoing the scene and posting it on YouTube.

It was surprising the Wi-Fi could sustain so many video uploads at once.

The teens were high out of their heads, with the few sober ones amongst them already running away in fear.

Hearing more cars coming in the distance, Zeel got tired of the noise and used his TechnoMancy to dismantled everything mechanical in a 100-meter radius.

Even the street light went out and soon fell apart completely. Alice, John, Zeel, and Sarah dashed into the nearby woods with reckless abandon since things had escalated a bit too quickly.

Alice felt something strange drift near her nose, so she stopped the nanites that suppressed her olfactory sense.

Alice then sniffed the air "I can smell them. Smells like fish,"

Zeel sniffed the air a couple of times before deciding it was now or never to put his foot down.

"Where is the damn rock?" Zeel asked a bit more agitated.

"At the school in the photography room, that's where I left it," Sarah replied as she shrunk behind John as if the little punk could protect her from Zeel.

"Fine let's go," Alice said pulling Zeel along, she could smell the blood in the air.

She knew he had probably killed those cops before. Didn't he realize they also had families? People to get back home to? Wives at home? Kids at home? Weren't they just doing their jobs?

The mere thought of his lack of consideration made her feel complicated. Alice was no angel, but she at least had morals she abided by.

"You're taking her with us?" John asked, surprised that Zeel would allow him to bring a 'baggage'.

"I need to undo the fake memories and wipe anything about us before we leave. She knows too much and it'll only put her and us in more danger," Zeel replied not waiting for a reply before he and Alice dashed off in the direction of the school at super speed.

John following closely behind with Sarah on his back, though he traveled much slower due to the human body not being able to withstand such pressures.

Still, he moved fast enough to give Sarah a whiplash.

Arriving at the school a couple of seconds later, the four then made their way towards the photography room.

They began tearing the place apart looking for the rock, Zeel and Alice were especially irritated since the fishy smell only got progressively more pungent.

It indicated the arrival of the Mogadorians at the school.

"Where the fuck is it?" Alice asked irked by the foreboding feeling becoming heavier around her, she was thankful for Zeel's keen intuition.

They shared his sixth sense and it helped them complete many missions safely. However, as much as Alice loved the ability, it also gave her a frustrating feeling.

The feeling of danger was always the same beyond a certain threshold.

It's like asking how powerful is that guy? Really powerful.

Then how about that one? Really, really powerful.

And that one? Really, really, very powerful.

Sometimes she got tired of the vagueness of the ability but knew that they wouldn't have made it this far without the ability.

During the apocalypse, they had once been tricked by an old grandma, had Zeel's intuition not warned them of incoming danger at the last moment, they would have died in the sewers.

"Here I found it," Sarah called out.

"Well, let's go and get ready for a battle," Zeel replied as he waved his hand and all their clothing began shifting into combat attire with the exception of Sarah.

Alice and Zeel's clothing came from the nanites that inhabited their bodies, but John's suit was of a different origin. It was still designed by Zeel.

Alice took out five daggers from various locations on her body. Alice threw the five daggers in the air and the surface layer of the daggers melted away.

What Alice caught in her hands were five daggers pulsing with blue Lorien energy.

Zeel took out his blue pulsing sword from its sheath, John only had his hands to use as he had not specialized in a weapon as of yet, so Zeel just gave him a dagger.

***

Elsewhere, Sam Goode was driving towards the mansion when he stopped by the school at the behest of John's dog Bernie Kozar.

From afar, Sam witnessed a container that was constantly shaking and a massive animal popped out from the inside.

Scared beyond belief, Sam then turned to see Bernie Kozar also beginning to change into a massive beast; Sam got out of the car and bolted towards the school.

Mark, who was scared beyond belief, figured this was where Sarah would take the group.

After finding out about his father's death – he wanted some revenge, but he got captured by the Mogadorians and began spilling everything he knew about the group of teenagers.

Like the principal, he even told the Mogadorians about Zeel's and Alice's expensive socks.

***

Coming down the hall, Zeel noticed a metallic smell in the air, so he stopped and sniffed around.

"Blood," Zeel and Alice said simultaneously while John was reassuring Sarah that he wouldn't let anything hurt her.

Turning down the corridor, following the scent of blood, the group came to a janitor's cleaning pad that was covered in blood.

Sarah almost threw up but held it in as they continued further down the corridor.

At that point in time, Zeel, Alice, and John could feel their legacies weaken to a huge degree.

With that, they knew the enemy was near as Mogadorians had vitality stealing weapons that also had the effect of weakening the legacies of the Garde by a small amount.

For their abilities to weaken by this much meant the Mogadorians had sent a small army to eliminate them.

13