Chapter 97 – The Sin of Homo-Superior Pride
224 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Zeel's POV)

The moment Alice blasted everyone away, I could feel that something was profoundly wrong with the situation. Luckily, I never let my guard down and was prepared for Alice's blast.

I reoriented myself mid-air, but I could tell that something else was about to happen. My intuition shot off like the 4th of July, but my intuition was merely stating the obvious at this point.

Everything stood still beneath the heavens as a white ship descended onto the battlefield. It appeared from a portal, that held faint traces of gravitational traction. I could identify the technology as a Pre-Immortal Age Gravitational prototype.

I felt no threat as yet, but everyone was still tense from the domineering appearance of the ship. Sometimes an intimidating entrance was all it took to win a battle, and clearly, the person in the ship was already winning.

Then as if to make everyone's nerves tenser, running steps could be heard getting farther and farther away. I was appalled wondering which of the group had abandoned ship?

Alice would never, Elizabeth was badass and extremely dependent on me, Marina had precognition so she would see this coming, John hated Mogadorians more than anything, Ella is too loyal to the 'cause'.

None of them seemed the type to abandon another when in danger. I turned my head just to confirm who it was, likewise, everyone else did the same. We saw the guy who had been in the stasis pod earlier, he was running away at an amazing speed while limping.

I would be truly impressed by his speed and decisiveness had this not been the most blatant display of cowardice in the entire multiverse. I could tell that everyone was barely holding back a chuckle at this comedic scene, but I was in no mood to imitate the intricacies of social enjoyment.

Everyone was already anxious and irritated by the ship that had just appeared. John, at his limit, disappeared from his location, at the next moment everyone could see him stomping the running guy into the ground.

John's actions did not stop there, as we witnessed him stomping the guy's head a couple more times.

I am pretty sure that half the time, John was imagining that it was my face buried in the mud.

"Haha, shit now I don't feel scared anymore," Elizabeth joked, to which Marina and Ella giggled. How could you be scared when an idiot like that exists in the world? He was a walking comedy goldmine.

Alice and I, however, were in no laughing mood. I began my command mode. I could have everyone laugh after everything was finished, but when it comes to our survival, I have to be the most dependable person around.

"Ella and Marina support, Elizabeth bring hell, John look for an opportunity, Alice we need deflections and offense from you,"

Immediately after I was finished giving instructions, the white ship's door slammed open, and out came a Mogadorian, the largest I have ever seen, 'huge Mogadorian' was a phrase that did this guy no justice.

It was a Mogadorian that was more akin to a monster, with his body looking slightly augmented. I had to say, I was really grateful such an idiot showed up, obviously, this one had not gotten the memo of the battle at Paradise Hills.

If he did, he would have known that I could manipulate Mogadorian tech – and I doubt he would have come with an augmented body full of it.

*Boom*

Not waiting for anything else, John attacked using his telekinesis; he attempted to throw the Mogadorian away but he was gripped by the neck in the blink of an eye. Nobody could tell how it happened exactly.

Even I was slightly at a loss, but surprise should not be present in battle.

Ella attempted a mind attack with her telepathy, only to scream and bleed from her orifices immediately after. I felt disappointed that Ella was stupid enough to mind-attack an augmented Mogadorian.

Alice froze the Mogadorian in place as I flashed in front of him and blasted a massive punch in his face.

*crunch*

The Mogadorian's face tilted to the left and my fingers were broken on the hardness of his skin.

'This is definitely some next level shit' I thought internally.

"Quite a good punch, haha been a while since I've been hurt. I, The Great General Setrakus Ra, commend you, Number. Oh, look there are so many of you here, I will enjoy killing you all," Setrakus Ra bellowed causing everyone to flinch barely.

I was about to attempt another headshot but I wasn't very keen on breaking my next hand as well. By that time Setrakus Ra had finished his villainous laughter, the storm had already finished brewing as Alice covered everyone in a barrier.

Then lighting and hail descended from the skies as if the gods themselves were angry. Elizabeth had truly outdone herself using her Struma Legacy.

I used my TechnoMancy to manipulate some of the falling lightning into a ball that gathered in my hands. I began supercharging the lightning through a complex process of refinement.

Breaking the atomic bonds down and having them run amok inside the sphere of lightning, forcing the atoms to touch and interact until they become critical.

The Mogadorian remained mostly unaffected by all the attacks plaguing him. Then with a wave of his hand, all legacies stopped functioning.

This surprised everyone present, but they had no time to linger in a daze as Setrakus Ra began walking towards the group unsheathing his Mogadorian dagger.

I could sense that his dagger had taken thousands of lives, the bones and glyphs carved on it was unlike anything I had seen before.

Alice began pushing him back with her raw telekinetic power, surprising the Mogadorian for the first time. I could barely still contain the lightning ball which had grown significantly smaller in my hands.

After compressing it, I began accelerating the atoms in the lightning so that they could touch, the only other place this happens is usually in the core of the sun, so you could tell I was going for a massive explosion.

What can I say? An explosion is an art.

Alice kept pushing until Setrakus Ra was right in front of her, and for a moment she considered releasing her limiter I had placed on her body. You have to note that people not from a universe vibrate at a different frequency leaving them vulnerable to detection, and not everyone appreciates invaders upon their universe.

I did not acknowledge any god, but Cosmic Forces would usually pay attention to me, hence releasing the limiters would send out a bright red ping on the radar of anyone who was looking to see.

It was okay to release the limiters for short periods of time but not for drawn-out battles as it would probably attract unwanted attention.

"So, your power doesn't come from the legacy, ahaha, I found a valuable experiment," Setrakus Ra said as he laughed to himself.

Why would I allow a smug face Mogadorian to experiment on my girl?

"Sorry, but I'm not on the menu this time either," Alice said before yelling "Freeze!" causing the augmentations of Setrakus Ra's body to freeze and seize up, giving her enough time to use the last of her energy to wrap everyone in a telekinetic cocoon.

I could feel my body burning as my left hand, which held the lightning ball, began to melt. I was barely containing the power, and even if the supercharged lightning ball was not as hot as the sun, it was still very damaging to everyone here.

I jumped high into the air – something I had told John never to do. But fuck it! This is my epic moment so excuse me while I look cool. I slammed the concentrated lightning sphere directly into the frozen Setrakus Ra.

*BBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM*

I am not sure what happened next, except I blanked out mid-attack. I could not contain the energy entirely; I guess my pride as a Homo-Superior made me feel more capable than I actually was.

10