Chapter 169 – God Club
102 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey didn't we forget something? Where are the sacrifices?" asked Elizabeth feeling a bit panicky, she lamented the fact that God ruins usually required sacrifices in the first place, but having experimented with prisoners before, she also acknowledged that such people were perfect for sacrificial pawns.

"Sacrifices?" asked Hank as he had been feeling tense ever since the trio joined up with them, as a trained Navy seal he had been taught to perceive danger from almost everyone.

The bad thing was that he perceived no danger from the trio, like they were far above him, that hurting him would be an insult to themselves; that in itself made him even more worried about their respective abilities.

"Nothing bad, she means men who are damned to hell getting an early sentence, since I am the God of Punishment and Retribution.

They are below us in stealth mode flying separately since we're not sure if they can enter. We aren't even sure if we can enter alone, that's why we came with you all," Alice said rambling without even noticing that she was already giving too much information.

Zeel was about to stop here but decided against it, why should they hide who they are when they're heading to a deserted area anyway? Does it matter what these people find out if they're probably going to die soon?

Usually, they would have to hide their nature to avoid possible repercussions from different sources. It was a well-known rule that you cannot introduce views, and objects into a civilization that had not reached a certain Development Threshold.

"Wait! I knew I recognized you guys, you're God Ascending band," Kailani said, obviously she was an excited fangirl.

She was soon followed by Sean who had just recognized Alice, Elizabeth, and Zeel. They were truly surprised at the appearance of the supposedly dead music group icons.

"Oh my god, I love your music," Sean said as he began singing his favorite single from the album.

Kailani, not liking his less than pleasant voice, decided to sing her own favorite single but in a much more refined manner.

Alice nodded in approval at Kailani's voice, while Elizabeth lamented the fact that they were already dead or they would have had the perfect fourth candidate for their band.

"The music band who was supposed to have died in a terrorist attack?" Hank asked causing everyone to quiet down in realization that such a publicity stunt may exist – truth be told, everyone felt disgusted at what others would do for publicity.

"Well, yeah clones died in our place, but we're gods looking for something. We can't stay in this world without meeting our objectives so it's better to finish our task then maybe we can go back to singing," Zeel said in a completely honest manner, not befitting his usual information-withholding attitude.

"Yeah, I read that too. There was an internet post that said you guys never break character. Always thinking and even talking like you are gods that stand above the mortal races," Kailani said not believing the narrative the band established for themselves.

Elizabeth giggled, this was not the first time Zeel and Alice had let important information slip about their nature.

It was comical to see Zeel, extremely secretive, spill his guts like a young girl reporting everything to her teen lover.

"But we are gods," Alice and Zeel said simultaneously not able to hold their tongues.

Elizabeth added "And I am here to become a god,"

Elizabeth felt isolated from being left out of the 'God Club'.

After several more small bouts of bickering and teasing, everyone managed to satiate their inner demons of catastrophe.

"There is a storm coming," Gabato said as he and Hank looked ahead to the dark clouds not far in the distance.

Soon the helicopter was shaking uncontrollably, Hank decided it was time to turn around much to the dismay of everyone on board, aside from Kailani who also agreed with this course of action.

This helicopter was her family's entire income; she couldn't bear for it to get battered in a storm.

Sean hurriedly took out a book and started reading it.

"We need to go into the storm to get to the Mysterious island," he said much to the dismay of everyone there.

Zeel, Alice, and Elizabeth were aware of the entrance into the sub-dimension, but even they cringed at the fact that Sean would risk everyone's life here on a book paragraph.

Elizabeth was the first to burst out laughing "Haha, Kid I like your guts… sending everyone to their deaths for a paragraph in a book,"

Alice shrugged "Pretty ballzy,"

Then she turned her attention to the Mbeamer lighting upon her finger "Zeel we just lost contact with the sacrifices, it seems they were not able to get this close,"

"Guys problem," Zeel said as everyone turned to listen "We cannot enter since we still feel different from humans, Elizabeth can you suppress it?"

"I can protect us but I can't suppress these storms. It has a bit of divinity in it and is stronger than me if I don't remove my limiters.

I still need them since my body can't handle my power for extended periods of time, unlike you guys," Elizabeth answered with frustration apparent in her voice, she had begun to get edgy with the storms outside that she could not control.

Water was amongst her lesser-used elements, but it was still in her repertoire nonetheless.

"Then we need close proximity to humans," Alice voiced out as Gabato, Sean, Hank, and Kailani looked confused at what the trio were talking about.

Had they gone crazy due to the storm?

"What about the prisoners?" Elizabeth hurriedly asked not wanting to hug anyone but Zeel.

"She lost them," Zeel mentioned pointing to Alice while scratching his head as he did not expect this storm to destroy his stealth airship traveling silently below them.

"Alice you grab Sean and Hank, Elizabeth you grab Gabato, I have Kailani. Elizabeth suppresses the storm until we pass through the eye of the storm and into the sub-dimension.

Then propel us forward making sure we don't touch the water as we are uncertain how it will react to us," Zeel said as he grabbed an unsuspecting Kailani, holding her extremely close as if to meld their bodies together.

Zeel then dived out of the helicopter towards the eye of the storm below.

This action was immediately followed by Alice, holding Sean and Hank, but Elizabeth kicked Gabato out of the helicopter as she rode him like a surfboard through the air, refusing to make physical contact with anything other than the bottom of her feet.

While the group was falling downwards silver lightning solidified around their bodies, courtesy Elizabeth. Now wrapped in silver lightning, everyone entered the eye of the storm with massive splashes and a huge boom of thunder.

The entire group felt as if they had fallen through a jelly substance with high viscosity for a moment, before continuing as if nothing had occurred.

Elizabeth felt her hand burned a bit upon contact with the water, but paid it no mind in the end. Little did she know the trouble that would come from that small burn.

3