Chapter 183 – Warning About Fate
105 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing the lapse in concentration causing the divine shielding of the beast to temporarily enter a disordered state, Zeel wasted no time and performed a wide-area jump.

They were no longer over the ocean after space warped, but instead a couple of thousand feet above the Savanah Desert.

The Kraken that had previously floated now began to fall with renewed tenacity.

'Boom'

'Boom'

'Boom'

The sounds continued the echo through the skies like thunder on a stormy night. The red sunset peeking at the battle from behind the multitude of clouds.

This did little to hinder the battle of divine beings.

Battles between divine beings had the possibility to progress for days or even years without any clear victor.

Finally, as they were about to near the ground, a sudden pang of danger hit Zeel's subconscious mind.

He didn't even have time to consider what was happening as his body instinctually entered a different time zone and activated his Dimensional Travelling Divinity.

This caused him to disappear in a flash of glittering particles. Zeel would never use his divinities actively since the backlash would be just as intense.

While Alice and himself could passively use their divinity due to integration with Lorien, they were by no means exempted from the side effects because they were prodigies.

Pain tore through Zeel's body, but unlike previously, the sensation felt a lot milder. Zeel no longer drifted between dimensional gaps but instead went exactly where he needed to be.

The next moment, opening his eyes, Zeel was on The Mysterious Island.

The moment he appeared, Zeel was already in a different time zone with transparent lightning covering the entirety of his body, crawling on his skin more vividly than ever before.

Zeel turned his head 90 degrees to see a huge hand near Elizabeth's face.

The hands so massive, scarred, and littered with green moss that one could mistake it for a statue remnant of an ancient war.

It almost looked like the hand of Kong, but much larger and dense to the brim with divinity.

Elizabeth was concentrated on absorbing the last remnants of divinity from the blue crystal gem, the skies above her had become black with the disappearance of blue sky, and stars.

Zeel didn't panic, he had enough time to get her out of the way, or better yet teleport the being into space through a switching maneuver.

He recalled that Sean, Hank, and the others were still drifting needlessly in space. It would be easy to sacrifice one of them for Elizabeth's survival, after all, she was still useful, and he vaguely cared about her.

Then Zeel realized, he could not move his body at all. The time zone he was currently in was somewhat different from the one he was used to.

It had a certain mysterious feeling accompanying it. The mysterious feeling gave him a feeling of infallibility, like everything that was supposed to happen, will happen regardless.

At first, Zeel thought that he was about to battle against time itself but soon dismissed this thought.

As the last known Homo-Superior, Zeel had hidden so well that even the Wan-To could not find him. That meant that no known species in the Homo-Superior database could find him – including Time Beings.

However, the feeling soon became familiar. He could remember this feeling, it was the same feeling he had when his universe was wiped clean of human life.

It was a feeling telling him that everything is inevitable in the end.

Death is inevitable, life is inevitable, birth is inevitable, corruption is inevitable, love is inevitable, and Elizabeth dying here had also become an inevitability.

Zeel watched and felt it all - the hand nearing Elizabeth's head, her fearful face that knew of her impending doom, the tear that slid down her cheek, the crystal in her hand that had almost fractured, the skies above that were constantly dimming, the animals that were running away into the distance, the smashed trees that had lost all luster of life, the ground that quaked below his feet.

Zeel watched it all, he was always aware of it all – every moment of every day he felt it, watched it, indulged in it.

He was neither appreciative nor hateful of the sights. To him, everything just existed, and that was it.

Existence without purpose or will – like himself. Or… or… or what he used to be like.

He now had Alice and Elizabeth as companions, lovers, and maybe even friends?

Zeel never had a friend before so the dynamic of such a relationship was currently lost to him.

Lost in thoughts but still paying attention was usual to Zeel – contradictive states had long since lost their meanings to Zeel, but this event still burdened his mind for some reason.

He watched the divinity concentrated palm smashed apart Elizabeth's head.

The despair on her face edged itself into his memory, the nanites memory-enhancing function made sure to memorize where each blood droplet landed in great detail.

The palm continued unimpeded smashing a deep crater into the island. The splashes of blood from Elizabeth's shattered skull also marked the land on which it laid.

Maybe in a couple thousand years, that place would become a relic the humans would worship with Elizabeth's blood becoming a powerful curse.

Such things were common in the world of gods, everything had a meaning no matter how meaningless.

A drop of their blood could grant a human immunity to all diseases, but for the god's such things were meaningless.

Zeel thought many things while being constricted to the time zone by the mysterious force.

He observed the palm mark that would remain forever imprinted on the island – forever representing the death of Elizabeth.

'A comrade, a lover, a dear friend?' Zeel thought, but he could not find a definitive conclusion.

Maybe Elizabeth would just be another whisper in the wind that lost its glamour like all his past lovers.

Zeel didn't feel anything watching the entire scene take place.

Why should he feel bad? Why should he mourn? He liked her but it was never as intense as Alice.

Would he feel this way if Alice also died? Zeel didn't know.

He refused to feel it.

Then a sudden realization made a pang in Zeel's subconscious.

'I refuse to feel it?' Zeel murmured in a daze.

'I refuse to feel something, when did 'feeling' become a choice for me?' he thought in confusion.

'I shouldn't refuse' Zeel said to himself.

Then there was a faint feeling birthing in his chest, something strange, something unusual, but too small to truly act upon.

Luckily, it was Zeel so this faint emotion was like a burning inferno to someone who rarely felt anything.

Zeel realized that he felt a bit unwilling so he allowed the anger bubbling below the surface to finally erupt.

Zeel closed his eyes and when he re-opened them, his hair had become entirely silver, ruby-red eyes glowed ominously with a golden tinge apparent in his slitted-pupils.

His hair lengthened a bit below his shoulder giving off an intense, wild vibe.

His body grew a couple inches extra.

This was not caused entirely by his Draconic Energy, but more like a small combination between his weak divinity and violent Draconic Energy.

With a great bellow, Zeel shattered the mysterious energy binding his body.

However, just as he was poised to destroy the entire mysterious island in a fit of rage – maybe even this world, he found himself in a void.

"Now you understand what it is like to break Fate," an old archaic voice echoed in the dark expanse, seemingly from infinite distances away "It was a weak fate but fate nonetheless. In time you will know what a valuable experience this is,"

"This is the last time I can help you," The voice said fading into the eternal darkness from whence it came.

4