Chapter 188 – Making Mysterious Island a Base
91 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Later That Night

Zeel, Alice, and Elizabeth were staring at the night sky that had now become completely unveiled.

The twinkling stars and Milkyway space view did little to uplift the damp moods.

Elizabeth reacted strongly to the fact that Zeel was slowly dying, but Alice took things relatively well.

How could she not? When she had been staring at his soul for a couple of years now. She would be a fool to not notice its deteriorating conditions.

Alice felt gratified that Zeel did not try to hide his soul from her because he could have easily shrouded it from her vision.

Sadly, Alice did not know that Zeel tried many times, but her gifts for peering at the souls of others was extremely strong.

"Is there a way to stop it?" Elizabeth murmured, turning her head away so they could not notice the tears lingering in her eyes.

Zeel caressed her head intimately, drawing her close and kissing her forehead. A feeling of relief brushed over Elizabeth, she was no longer as devastated by the news.

"It will be hard but not impossible. It is not that big a deal, I have experienced worst," Zeel replied, bringing the conversation to an early end.

"How much do we have left?" Zeel asked.

Alice's eyes shrouded over with coding "About a hundred more. The Gravitational Balls we used are in my storage dimension but no longer usable,"

Zeel nodded since that was within his expectations.

The Gravitational Balls were an artifact level treasure from his Universe, but only his father knew the location of the Gravitonium needed to recharge the balls.

He needed to preserve the remaining hundred.

Zeel waved his hand as one hundred Gravitational Balls appeared in the skies above him. Alice and Elizabeth just watched since they had an inkling of what would happen next.

Slowly, the balls began to join together, becoming a larger, more refined Silver-Ball.

When the number of balls joined reached 25, they would stop. The bigger Gravitational Balls then floated towards Alice and Elizabeth, soon disappearing into their Storage Dimension.

The remaining 50 balls from the 100, joined together and floated towards Zeel. They also disappeared into his Storage Dimension.

"Only use them when necessary," Zeel reminded, the girls nodded solemnly.

Interrupting the moment, Hank walked over with cautious steps and told Zeel solemnly "We need to talk,"

Zeel nodded, Elizabeth and Alice followed behind him as they joined the others near the campfire.

"What is it?" Zeel asked with superiority lacing his voice. It was hard to reign in his pride after his brief encounter with Poseidon.

Elizabeth elbowed him, and Zeel quickly shifted his tone "What's up?"

Hank looked around and pointed at the ground in several locations "This is called Soil liquefaction. Simply put, this island is sinking,"

Alice closed her eyes and a pulse was sent out that penetrated the very foundations of the island. She soon opened her eyes and slightly nodded at Zeel.

"So we are going to sink. I am not a floatation device," Gabato yelled, scouring over to cling to the manly arms of Hank.

"We can get off the island," Sean said skimming through the pages of his book "We just need to find Nemo's submarine,"

Alice shook her head "That won't be necessary. We need this island,"

Elizabeth added "I should have a Hybrid Rune that can counteract the sinking issue and this is the perfect opportunity to gain experience,"

Zeel considered a moment before also nodding. Elizabeth wanted to carve ruins throughout the entire Mysterious Island, but she underestimated the size of such a task.

Previously, the island existed in a sub-dimension where space was bent.

However, without the sub-dimension, they could now view the island in its entirety. And it can be considered a mini-continent.

Zeel's eyes flickered with codes as he directed the satellite directly above them towards the island "This is the island right now,"

Sean, Gabato, Kailani, and Hank were surprised by the mere size of the island. It was much bigger than they could have anticipated.

They knew the island was massive, but this size could not enter the world without consequences.

Gleaming his thoughts, Alice comforted Hank "This island is still not fully integrated into the world, so no water displacement will occur as yet, but eventually it will. Unless we intervene and keep it partially submerged in the sub-dimension,"

"Think of it as remaining in a state between real and unreal," Elizabeth added seeing the confused faces of Sean and Gabato.

"Great, when do we start?" Kailani asked.

Zeel, Elizabeth, and Alice sighed "Time to work for a living,"

The next week was spent carving many Hybrid Runes into The Mysterious Island.

The more the Algorithm to create Runes was used, the more efficient it became.

Elizabeth enjoyed creating new things, and the calculations had become almost second nature to her at this point.

Elizabeth wanted this island to be her first masterpiece, not only because it was her first project, but also because it was the birthplace of her Godhood.

She carved Protection Runes, Restoration Runes, Entrance Runes, Expulsion Runes, Teleportation Runes, Float Runes, Stabilization Runes, Energy Preservation Runes, and even Implosion Runes.

"Why do all of that?" Alice asked confused.

"To make sure that it gets destroyed before it becomes tainted. Humans are fickle beings," Elizabeth replied vaguely.

Her Light Divinity was relatively small in comparison to her Rainbow Divinity.

Elizabeth could vaguely see and feel the faint aura that surrounds every individual, detailing who they are at their core.

Hank, Sean, Gabato, and Kailani were faintly yellow with green mixed in – this meant they were relatively good people

However, the massive red aura surrounding the island showed her the beasts that laid below the island were not satisfied.

The Kraken was blind and Giagantape had lost his pride. Elizabeth and Zeel draw the largest and most potent enslavement rune they could.

The beats could do little to resist with their divinity granted by Poseidon gone.

"Will that hold them?" Elizabeth asked concerned.

"No! That will hold them," Alice replied pointing at Hank.

Zeel nodded "I have some unfinished business to take care of, but the two of you should work on Elizabeth's memories to see what we can find,"

Elizabeth squealed in excitement as her perception of time slowed, she took a step in the direction of Poseidon's vault, but soon found herself toppled over, eating the mud below her feet.

"What the fuck!" Elizabeth yelled with the mud in her mouth.

Alice began laughing until her stomach hurt "You can't manipulate lightning anymore. Your Lorien abilities are gone,"

Elizabeth blushed and grimaced soon after. Unlike Zeel and Alice who could adjust to new abilities almost immediately, she could not.

Her abilities had been with her since adolescence and waking up without them suddenly made her feel uncomfortable.

Not minding Elizabeth's cursing, Alice picked her up in a bridal carry. Alice's shoes lit up with blue light as she shot off into the distance with Elizabeth hugging her neck.

One would mistake them for a couple in love at the sight, and that is exactly what they are.

Zeel smiled wryly witnessing the scene, but soon his face turned cold.

A gentle attitude was only reserved for Alice and Elizabeth. Right now, he needed to be the real Zeel Crawford.

Suddenly, space twisted and returned to normal in an instant, but Zeel was no longer there.

4