Chapter 228 – A Father and his Pseudo-Daughters
68 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Both Alle and Ella rushed into Zeel's arms and began biting it. It had become a sort of ritual for the two who had yet to fully control their Draconic Energy.

It was also a part of a process of achieving a true physical form for both girls, they were currently only energy constructs.

Alle and Ella appeared about a week ago when Zeel was struggling with finding his orientation in a jobless society.

Seeing their naivety, Zeel found it easy to manipulate them into feeding him on a daily basis.

Sadly, the girls were not as naïve as he originally believed, they would always ask for payment in the form of blood.

As it turns out, Zeel's blood was what they needed to create pseudo-physical bodies. Zeel was still extremely cautious around both girls since they were a huge mystery to him.

"So…" Zeel stretched his words in a casual way after the girls had their fill "What did you bring for me to eat today,"

Ella volunteered to present her meal first "Oh, Hehehe. I brought something amazing. They call it noodles,"

Alle grew smug at seeing her sister's dish and presented something much more complex "Pancake and whipped cream with a cherry on top,"

Zeel did not care about appearances in front of the naïve girls and immediately grabbed their dishes. He could not care less about their pouts as he ate.

"Made any friends yet? The Red Queen tells me that Al and Liz have sent you guys to a public school for a day," Zeel asked casually.

He was not curious but simply had nobody else to talk to.

Alle and Ella jumped up like excited rabbits for a moment and suddenly remembered something.

Ella had an annoyed face as she retold their experience the day before.

"We made friends with a guy called Aug. It was fun at first but he started telling us stuff we didn't know,"

"What kind of stuff," Zeel asked.

"He asked about our father because he was bragging about how successful his father was," Alle said clearly displeased.

"So we told him about you and how we would bring you food when you are hungry," Ella said then also made a displeased face "Aug said that we should not feed our father, he should feed us. Yeah, and he said good fathers do not sleep in parks and always take baths,"

Alle also grew agitated while speaking "He said that fathers are supposed to take care of the mothers and daughters like the most precious jewels in the world,"

Zeel did not even flinch a bit while eating the pancakes, only taking a small break from eating to say "Humans are idiots,"

Ella and Alle nodded in agreement "Yeah, they do not even know that daughters should be responsible,"

Zeel also shamelessly joined the two girls in nodding constantly.

Alle and Ella had changed over the past week causing Alice and Elizabeth to wonder why the girls were being rebellious towards them.

Should they find out that Zeel was teaching the girls about the norms of society, Alice and Elizabeth would surely have battled him once more.

"Well, if you need the love of a father, it just means that your mother did not love you enough," Zeel concluded and then asked, seemingly out of mere coincidence "Who is your mother again?"

Alle and Ella both smiled slyly at the question.

They may be naïve at times but they were not stupid. They refused to answer, not because it was a big secret but simply because they were not sure.

Asking about their mother was like a human asking 'Why do I exist?'

Mother was always mother, just mother, and made of a mother. Zeel, to Alle and Ella, was the father they just met when mother sent them out to explore.

Ella and Alle were very smart and could figure out more or less that Zeel did not trust them, but they really did not care.

They were not humans and they were not raised like humans by their mother, Likewise, their father was not human and he did not have to treat them as such.

Dodging the question, Alle and Ella started a completely different topic "Dad, we really like Alice and Elizabeth,"

Zeel just nodded and continued to eat the noodles, now that he had finished the pancakes.

Seeing they were not getting much information out of Zeel, the girls thought of a different approach "Aug said you were a deadbeat dad since you could not please our mothers enough and they left you,"

Zeel instantly grew irritated "Tell Aug to shut the fuck up. He is the son of a Harlot!"

Both girls nodded and stored the words their father just said in their minds. It was their first time hearing such words and it could be useful in the future.

Realizing his mistake, Zeel wanted the girls to leave as soon as possible.

Zeel felt ashamed, even his parents did not start cursing around him until he turned eleven.

"How old are you girls?" Zeel asked.

"We don't have physical ages but mental age is about twelve,"

Zeel sighed in relief since he was technically a good parent.

Zeel thought that his parents were shitty, so as long as he did better than them, he would not be considered a 'bad parent'.

Sadly, Zeel did not know how far out of the box both his parents were.

"Okay, you guys can leave. I started working to make some money. Maybe I can afford to take you to a park or something in the future," Zeel said waving his hands dismissively.

Both girls cheered but the next question Zeel asked dampened their moods.

"Why do you want pseudo-physical bodies anyway. You are consciousness-based Beings. That is like getting off a horse to get on a dog,"

Ella chose to answer "Because our step-moms cry a lot. Alice and Elizabeth cry a lot and we just wanted actual shoulders for them to cry on,"

Zeel nodded making a heavy face. It was a really profound statement coming from a twelve years old girl.

Alle just shook her head in mockery at Zeel's expression "You don't have to pretend to care, we know that you don't really care about their tears,"

"I care though," Zeel replied confused about Alle's sudden attitude shift.

Ella and Alle joined hands as their bodies began to glow. Just before they left, Alle whispered something across the room into Zeel's ear "You don't care as much as you should,"

Zeel relaxed and laid on the bed behind him.

"They seemed pretty normal to me, did you get the data?" Zeel asked.

The Red Queen projected herself in front of Zeel and replied "Data is inclusive,"

"Make it conclusive,"

"It other words you want me to guess?" The Red Queen asked and proceeded to guess without waiting for a reply "They are as indifferent to you as you are to your parents.

Still, they crave your love not because they like you, but because their mystery mother likes you.

Their minds interpret you as some kind of hero from an evil race. They hate the Homo-Superior species.

They like Alice and Elizabeth more than they like you, but they would not hesitate to do anything in your favor. They are also extremely dangerous girls,"

"Why dangerous?" Zeel asked confused. They seemed pretty normal to him.

The Red Queen did not reply directly and instead pulled up a link from the internet "That Aug kid they talked about had his tongue cut out at school.

Two small girls cornered him in the bathroom, one held him down and the other cut out his tongue with a scissor,"

"What is the problem? Why are they dangerous?" Zeel asked slightly confused. Isn't it obvious to cut out the tongue of someone talking shit?

The Red Queen replied in a more careful manner "They are like you,"

"And?" Zeel asked confused.

"They are exactly like you were when you were younger," The Red Queen emphasized.

It finally dawned on Zeel, if these girls were similar to him in any way, then they were extremely dangerous.

Zeel's life changed after he met Alice, but before that he was efficient.

Being efficient in a world of absolute disorder was extremely dangerous.

"Don't antagonize those girls. Keep them with Alice and Elizabeth at all times," Zeel commanded and closed his eyes.

Then he thought for a moment and gave another order "Keep Zil away from Alle and Ella. If they are like me, then they would know not to keep a burden around,"

The Red Queen also agreed with Zeel's judgment.

Zil would be the first to go should the situation demand it, and both Alle and Ella knew it as well. It did not matter if Zil died, but how she died mattered to Alice and Elizabeth's mental health.

3