Chapter 245 – Finished Contract?
66 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vishnu stared in shock at the codes flickering across Sarah's pupils…

The codes had that ancient feeling of incomprehensibility that could only mean one thing – Zeel Crawford.

As the closest person, he was the first to witness the anomaly, and by the time he came back to his senses, it was already too late.

Sarah created a complex circuitry board on the ground… not so much create it as she instead unearth something that was already there.

Something that had been there since Zeel, Alice, and Elizabeth departed this Universe.

That's when John felt it…

And Marina felt it…

And Ella felt it…

And Vishnu… and Sam… and Henri… and Lexa… and Cindy…

And everyone in the stadium who had a psychic legacy of any kind…

Anyone who even had a basic understanding of the mind…

Even Sarah's children felt it…

The moment Sarah's mind died and all that was left in her place was an empty husk creating circuits on the ground…

John floated to the ground, kneeling as his mind went black with confusion.

He could not react and nobody could blame him since his wife had basically just died while standing.

Still, many people in the audience, who didn't understand what was happening, felt disappointed at the sight of a kneeling emperor.

Marina, Sam, Henri, Lexa, Ella, and Cindy floated to the ground in shock. They were each coming to terms with the fact that Sarah had died…

Marina and Sarah were friends, though never close enough to be considered best friends so she was the first to recover.

Marina walked over to Vishnu and took his hand into her own…

Vishnu leaned on her shoulder, hoping to hear something she gleaned through her precognition legacy but Marina was strangely silent…

Soon, Marina began to tremble and bleed from the nose, prompting Vishnu to shake her awake…

"I can't see anything…" she mumbled in shock.

"What?"

"I can't see anything…" Marina repeated.

"That's impossible… that would mean-"

Marina finished Vishnu's statement "It would mean we have no future… something has to change…"

--WHOOOOOOSH--

A beam of light shot into the air from Sarah's location, splitting apart the shroud of energy that saturated Planet Lorien with its exotic life and legacies.

Each New Elder immediately felt their power weaken by at least half, but even so, they were still left with a lot of power to tap into.

John finally wore a serious face, tucking his anger away to perform his duties as a ruler. The other New Elders were the same, all preparing for the battle to come.

Still, it was only Sam who could barely analyze what was currently happening.

"Sam?" John shouted, knowing that Sam's Technokinesis was the only thing that could figure out what exactly Zeel had left behind.

Though nobody specifically said it, every one of The New Elders knew that the day for Zeel's retaliation would eventually come.

They ran from it…

They tried not to think about it…

They dodged it…

But retribution came to their planet still…

"All I can analyze is the fact that some kind of shackles are being removed… it's a sequential program that verifies input from specific soul signatures to release a type of energy…" Sam grunted, nose bleeding and ears ringing but still, he forced his technokinesis to dig deeper into the light phenomenon.

Though he was the weakest of the New Elders, Sam was also the smartest so he felt the need to prove himself at this time…

Sadly, what he could glean from the circuitry board on the ground was limited.

It also didn't help that the circuitry board had served its purpose and was being rapidly eroded.

Henri frowned, being the wisest warrior amongst The New Elders, he could always target the crux of the problem "What on Planet Lorien could Zeel possibly want?"

"Our resources… Chimeras, Skrulls, Andromania, Emospectruminium… take your pick, you know Planet Lorien is filled with resources that sinks Earth with jealousy…" Lexa whispered, and all The New Elders nodded their head in agreement…

All but one… Henri shook his head in disagreement "I have seen Zeel fight… I have seen what he thinks of humans and Loriens from the way he fights… everything, including our resources, are below him…"

Ella frowned "Then what the fuck could he possibly want?"

John was not someone for long talks, he instantly moved and try to destroy the pillar of light shooting into the skies.

With his abilities, it should have been as easy as snapping his fingers and anything should have been destroyed but for some reason, he grew powerless when approaching the White light.

It was as if the light was infallible to him…

Of course, John could expend a bit more effort to disrupt the pillar but as a warrior who was taught to follow his instincts, John decided to retreat until Sam was able to provide more information about the phenomenon.

"I understand…" Cindy mumbled, the corner of her eyes glancing at the ring on her finger… a ring gifted by John, but designed by Alice.

"I understand as well…" Henri added, showing a disturbing face "The only thing on Planet Lorien worth anything in Zeel's arrogant eyes is Lorien, itself…"

Marina gasped "You mean?"

"Zeel wants Lorien… or as he calls it 'The Cosmic Force of Purity'…" Henri replied grimly.

No sooner did Henri's reply come, than the beam of light dissipated to reveal a young girl made of white light that screamed of purity and quality instead of the usual brightness and vastness…

Every one of the New Elders felt their breathing still, while everyone in the audience lost consciousness instantly upon laying eyes on the figure.

Even Sam, the weakest of The New Elders, barely held onto his consciousness by willpower alone.

The young girl seemed to be made entirely of light, but that didn't hinder her defining features from shining through.

The first thing they noticed was her eyes… it consisted of two small black dots at the center of a bluish-white background.

Somehow, her eyes appeared as purely white as the rest of her body while still being a different color…

Her hair stretched from her head all the way to her ankle, which was, admittedly, not a far distance considering the young girl seemed about five feet tall.

Yet somehow, her hair seemed infinite to anyone who glanced at it…

She had white pearls holding her hair into a bundle...

Also, it was as if her hair told the story of her existence… it got darker the longer it was but still didn't change from the purple-silver color it boasted.

The only flaw that could let Lexa and the other girls feel better about themselves was the young girl's short height and almost non-existent breasts.

However, should anyone ask the guys of the group, they would have noted that the young girl's petite body did not detract from her sensual beauty.

The last thing to note about the girl was her horns that pulsed with ancient power unknown…

The horns were more like a crown of sorts, but nobody could tell for sure given the horns changed into different symbols every nano-second…

Henri was the first to note the look of confusion that saturated the young girl's face…

"What has you confused Lady Lorien?" Henri asked, bowing low while giving the others a gesture to follow suit.

John and the others were frightened to discover that the young girl was Lorien – basically, their God that resided at the planet's core.

They quickly knelt.

Though John and the others had seen Lorien before, she was never this pronounced in her appearance.

Usually, she would just appear as a voice in their heads, or a floating ball of light in the air…

The last time they saw Lorien was the time she transferred her knowledge to Zeel and Alice, but even then, she wasn't as solid as she was today.

Then, they thought about what Zeel would constantly repeat about Lorien being a Cosmic Force that was weakened in battle and kept weakened by Planet Mogador…

Everything suddenly made sense… Lorien was not becoming defined, she was simply reverting to her original appearance very slowly, and that included her intelligence as well.

"Time… Leave?" Lorien asked confusedly, startling all The New Elders into a panic.

'Leave?... Lorien wants to leave?' they thought frightened.

"Those chains…" Marina whispered, gesturing to the three chains that led from Lorien's body into the ground of the planet.

"I grant permission…" Sarah whispered with a bit more liveliness in her eyes than previously, though the majority of it was still clouded by codes.

Obviously, Lorien's presence had helped Sarah regained some of her faculties.

John and the other could detect a small blaze of her consciousness remaining by the grace of Lorien's presence.

However…

--Shatter--

With Sarah's declaration, one of the chains binding Lorien to the Planet shattered and dissipated into motes of light.

When the chain shattered, The New Elders could detect a fraction of the Planet's plants and wildlife weaken…

Obviously, three permissions were required for three chains… Sarah had just given one permission, so there were two more to go…

Of course, they could not be sure if that was really how things worked, but that was their best guess given all they had witnessed so far.

"Contract… Ancestors… Finished?" Lorien questioned with broken English and infinite curiosity in her eyes.

-----------------

Author's Name: The_Young_Flash

Discord: https://discord.gg/tPwgVgU

Patrêon: https://www.patrêon.com/The_Young_Flash

Fandom: https://crawfords-multiverse-of-madness.fandom.com/wiki/Zeel_Crawford

Note: Ever watched an awesome movie/anime/series that just didn't have the proper ending? Then this is where you belong, as I intend to give all movies/animes/series the proper ending they deserve. Nothing will go untouched.

2