Chapter 281 – FUCK!
32 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zeel darted down the hill, his Draconic Eyes already peering through walls and hidden corridors to see everything that was weaker than himself.

Zeel saw the numerous insurgents that loitered all around the stone city, and he also saw Nick and Chris running from the insurgents.

Entering the city, lightning flickered around Zeel's body as he entered a [Shallow Time-Zone], making one second into ten seconds.

His speed was not very fast, so the insurgents managed to see a blur moving around the stone city.

Not long after Zeel started moving, several guns began spraying bullets in his general direction. Zeel dipped from side to side as bullets whizzed past his face.

Zeel tilted his head to the left as a stray bullet slowly missed his cheek. Zeel was now in an area concentrated with at least ten insurgents.

Zeel kicked forward, sending the first insurgent slowly drifting towards a stone wall. Zeel was still in a [Shallow Time-Zone] so everything in his perception moved slowly.

As the first insurgent moved in slow motion towards the stone wall, Zeel jumped onto his body and used it as a spring to launch himself onto the nearby roof.

While in the air, Zeel felt a bullet brush his shoulder and was forced to activate [Speed Manipulation] to ensure the bullet didn't leave a mark.

Bullets were not a threat to him, but they still slightly stung. The moment his feet touched the roof, Zeel rolled onto the ground and kicked at the foot of the second insurgent.

The second insurgent slowly flew off the roof as Zeel took another step forward and grabbed the third insurgent, raising his body and tossing him down with the second insurgent.

Zeel slightly exhaled and watched everything moving slowly around him.

Many Beings in the Multiverse could probably move as fast as Zeel, but as a God of Speed, Zeel had the added benefit of feeling as if he belonged in a faster world.

Feeling a bit tired, Zeel released the hold on his divinity as the world resumed normal speed. The first insurgent crashed into a stone wall, while insurgents two and three slammed into the ground below.

Just as Zeel was about to move once more, he felt a slight danger zeroing in on his location

Lightning flickered as Zeel attempted to dart away, but the ground below his feet was already breaking apart from a bazooka shell fired when he was not looking.

Zeel felt his body being carried backward by the force, but the next moment, the void warped and Zeel was on the ground, with his back colliding powerfully against a stone wall.

Even if Zeel had warped away, the force of the impact still traveled with him. Several more bullets were fired in his direction, and Zeel dodged them with relative ease.

Zeel entered an [Early Time-Zone] as one second became thirty seconds. Darting forward, Zeel kneed the first insurgent in the chest, causing his ribs to pierce his heart.

With a flash of transparent lightning, Zeel was in front of the next insurgent, both hands twisting his neck smoothly.

Another flash of transparent lightning and Zeel could be seen stuffing a grenade into another insurgent's mouth and stomping him towards the insurgent stronghold in the back.

Zeel was once again visible in normal time as one insurgent fell dead, another's neck was broken, and a bunch of the remaining insurgents exploded in a fiery shower of body parts.

As Zeel admires his work, he feels slight pressure from behind. Zeel turned around to meet a missile that was already too close for comfort.

The missile didn't even give Zeel any time to warp. The next moment, Zeel was blasted away through several stone structures directly into the pathway of the panicking Nick and Chris.

"What the fuck?" Nick shouted seeing Zeel's body just roll in front of him out of the blue.

"Kill it, Kill it, Nick, Kill it!" Chris shouted, already too spooked to care about friend or foe.

Zeel groaned and slowly got to his feet causing Nick and Chris to back away in fright.

"Oh my gosh, it's still alive… it was blown up but it's still alive," Chris yelled, spooked by the situation Nick had brought upon them.

Zeel felt a bit dizzy so he could not exactly think straight at the moment.

Zeel tilted his head a bit to the right, a bullet whizzing past and striking the wall near Nick.

Nick and Chris didn't need another reminder to remember that they were on a battlefield.

The next moment, both men were gone from Zeel's sight faster than even The God of Speed could process.

Zeel's slitted eyes turned sharp as his aggressive Draconic nature reared its ugly head.

Transparent lightning flickered as Zeel followed the trajectory of the missile that just caused him to embarrass himself in front of a potential friend – Nick.

Not a moment later, Zeel stood in front of the teenage boy that had pulled the trigger. Zeel swatted his hand at the throat of the teen, destroying the teen's entire trachea in an instant.

All that was left behind was a floating head, and still standing body. Time resumed to normal as the head and body slumped to the ground as all other insurgents watched in fright at the spectacle.

Still, Zeel was concerned about something else entirely.

A small ray of golden lightning shot down from the skies above and began swirling around Zeel's left arm – the arm that killed the boy.

Zeel's left arm was immediately disabled and he could no longer use it for a limited time. Zeel groaned and knelt to the floor in pain.

The Heavenly Lightning did not have the intention of hurting him, but it still pained him to lose an arm so suddenly.

The Laws of The World were conscious, and even though the teenager attacked Zeel first, it was not an action that warranted death according to The Restrictions.

That was why the arm Zeel used to kill the teenager was the arm that was disabled.

Seeing Zeel's weakened state, the other insurgents took the chance to fire a barrage of bullets in his direction. Nick and Chris had already found a well-hidden location and carefully monitored the situation.

Nick pulled out a sniper rifle and began taking down some of the insurgents attacking Zeel.

"What are you doing?" Chris asked, trying to pull the gun away "We should let them kill that thing,"

Nick stopped shooting for a moment and thought about it.

"I know that guy," He replied and began sniping once more.

As far as Nick was concerned, someone like Zeel was better a friend than an enemy. All the complicated matters could be dealt with after they survived.

Chris already lost hope in everything and pulled out his communicator to call in an airstrike.

Zeel warped out of the barrage of bullets, his skin was faintly bruised from so many bullet impacts.

Zeel was slightly exhausted but the real problem was his disabled arm that flickered with golden Heavenly Lightning.

The pain was excruciating, but he could do nothing about it. He had to wait for the restriction to fade, but Zeel was not someone to remain at the whims of anyone.

With Zeel gone, the insurgents had once again directed their fire at Nick and Chris. The battle was about to reach its peak since Zeel's Draconic-Energy was steadily becoming unstable.

However, just before anyone could determine their next move, a faint whistling was heard from the southern direction.

Everyone knew the sound of a missile.

Whssshhshs

The next moment, a missile darted towards the stone city from a military plane. Its impact location was directly where Zeel was standing.

Everyone expected the ground to shake and clouds to arise, but what they saw next startled them to no end.

Knowing it was too late to warp away, Zeel simply extended his right hand and activated [Speed Manipulation] to the maximum as he caught the missile.

*Ugh*

Zeel groaned as the force of the missile was dispersed throughout his body, but at the very least he stopped the explosion.

Yet, before Zeel could redirect the missile, another whistle was heard breaking through the air.

This was not the whistling of a missile, but the sniper rifle of Nick's. Seeing Zeel catch a missile made Nick a bit jumpy, and he fired the rifle unintentionally.

Zeel's eyes traced the bullet as it exited Nick's rifle and made a direct trajectory for the missile held in his right hand. With only one hand, Zeel could not stop the bullet.

Only one thought echoed in Zeel's mind at that moment.

'FUCK!!' He thought.

BBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM

3