Brother?
222 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'An awkward silence surrounded me as I waited for my brother to show up, my mind absorbing the facts that Katherine had dug up about him. Luckily Katherine was more help in this world compared to the last. After all modern worlds store everything on the internet, easy for an advanced Ai to hack into.'

*I thank you for your kind thoughts, Queen.

'So 6ft 2, tall, ginger hair, womaniser, we had a close relationship, has a hidden birthmark on the inside of his thigh. I- I-I-I'

'I-I'

*Malfunction Noted, failure found, Maya Kanou has died. Adding memories from the former soul bearer, synchronising souls, altering world dynamics, complete.*

Lifting myself off of the floor, I wiped the fresh blood from the corner of my mouth, the girls and the asshat looked at me, concern and fear evident in their eyes. Taking a deep breath to calm my self, I smiled and said" An error in my mana circuit, caused a back loop, I'm fine now."

I can tell none of them bought that but they don't seem to care enough to enquire more, that's fine with me but 'Kathy, what the fuck was that?'

*In the last world, you took over the place of a long-dead person, their soul had already left the planet, making it easier for you to sync into it. It appears that Maya Kanou died yesterday, in a country called the U.S.A. I will play her memories from birth to you now, they may come in handy in the future.*

'I see, an institute run by a large clan out there abducted her, tortured her, defiled her and then killed her. The research didn't even work did it?'

*From what I can tell no, I suggest we avenge the original Maya, as thanks for using her as cover.*

'I would do it even without that, after all, I'm a monster hunter. Humans are some of the worst Monsters out there, myself included.'

*Minor mission change, Eliminate all clans deemed evil by any means. Rewards: Stay the same.*

As a much-needed distraction, my 'Brother' George came running towards the school gates, approaching me he grabbed me and pulled me into a hug, lifting my left arm, he saw the birthmark of a Phoenix on the inside of my arm. The birthmark of Maya, smiling to himself, he went to speak, cutting him off I said" Inside of your right thigh, dragon. Your current crush is the student council president and you want to know where I have been."

Stunned George nodded.

"Well, brother, the student council president is mine and I don't want to talk about where I have been. Just know I'm your sister, I have returned and I wish to enrol into the school.  I have a few years until Master will carry out her plan until then I wish to live as normally as possible, if you need to you can alert Mother and Father to my return however I refuse to take part in any politics involving the Ten clans, I won't be married off like some pawn. My preference is the same as your dear brother, Children will not come from any marriage between me and a man"

 

Moving my hand back onto the cheek of the school council president, I smiled

"A woman, however, that is a different story."

My brother simply laughed at my antics, lifting out his phone he quickly phoned someone, judging by the harsh tone and snippy comments, he was contacting 'Our' parents. That will be an interesting meeting, as quickly as he pulled out the phone, he put it back in his pocket.

"They will be here in a few hours, they have a meeting that they need to wrap up first."

Right yeah, I forgot, this clan was only a few steps below the Ten clans that 'Ruled' the country, as far as my little information goes, we are on the verge of entering that list, just need to expand our influence and power a little more, then we are done. The quickest way for that to happen would be to marry me off, I mean I'm the only not spoken member from the clan already, or so the old memories of Maya say.

"Can I go and clean up my armour? The blood is beginning to smell, I mean, I'm happy to stay here but a warm shower would be nice, a fresh set of clothes too."

*I will apply an appearance change to the armour, making it look like the uniform they are all wearing, the blood will still need to be cleaned off.*

'You never cease to amaze me, thank you, Kathy.

Thanks for reading. Have a good day!

8