Clan affairs. (1/2)
109 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time slowly passed as I waited for my 'mother' to stop crying and wipe away her tears, knowing that what would happen next would define my time in this world, I sat back down, motioning for Amie to sit on my lap. Leaning in, I gently whispered

"I have more things I need to sort out with my new family, when we get back to my clan's house, you are to go and get a bath, then wait for me in my room, I need to expel some stress, the way I do with Tori."

Aimee once again began to purr in my lap, forcing my hand on her head, gently rubbing her hair, as I began to lose myself in the moment, a scared voice asked

"Where is your father?"

Turning to my mother, I smiled and said

"In the belly of the beast, he chose to remain how he was even in the face of his consequences and as a result, he was eaten. He will no longer be a threat to either of us, have you met Aimee? She is my maid, a woman who I trust."

Her face froze as questions a woman should never have to ask were forced out of her mouth.

"What will happen now? Will those old men take control? Will I be their tool instead? Forced to do--"

I gently lifted Aimee off my lap and walked over to my mother, kneeling in front of her, I gently wiped away the tear stains on her cheeks, locking my eyes with hers, I swallowed my nervousness and spoke

"It is going to be ok Mom, I'm going to deal with those old farts tomorrow, until then you can rest. Aimee if you would."

In response to my words, a faint smile appeared to blossom on the corners of my mother's mouth, I knew she didn't really believe me but this was the start, Aimee gently tapped My mother's forehead, in response, she entered a soft sleep. Picking her up, I began to leave the academy, on my way out, I was intercepted by Mayumi and Mari, both smiling however upon noticing my mother, a confused look spread on both their faces.

"I want to thank you both for helping me briefly, however events have changed, My father has left the clan to me to manage and as a result, I will need to go and sort it out, I will be attending the entry tests next Monday, I will see you both then."

Without letting either one of them speak, I walked out of the academy grounds and towards a large limousine, placing my mother on one of the backseats, I sat next to George.

"Father is dead, the Clan is mine now, George, I hope we can continue our strong relationship before I was abducted however if you want to claim the clan, I will agree to a duel like tradition dictates. Driver take us home."

George nodded his head, countless emotions were clearly written on his face, happiness, sadness, confusion and conflict. Smiling to myself, we returned to the mansion in silence, upon pulling up to the house, I lifted mother out of the car and turned to George.

"Tell the Driver he can have the rest of the day off, tell the head maid and head of security to meet me in the master study. I will also need you to get the vessel families to come to the clan tomorrow as well as all department heads and CEOs of the Clan's Businesses, we are going to do a massive restructure, it will be needed."

George nodded his head, using Maya's memories, I carried my mother to her room and left her in the comfort of her own bed, I then made my way to the master study, after I took a seat, there were two knocks on the door, one loud and the other significantly softer.

"You may both enter."

Two completely different people entered the room, a man dressed in a Butler's uniform as well as a Woman in l0ng trench coat, the man had short black hair, he seemed strong enough, his body lean and eyes a solid red colour. The woman in contrast and long flowing blonde hair seemed physically weaker than the man however her magic aura was significantly denser, her green irises looked me up and done before they settled on my eyes.

 

"My name is Maya Kanou, my father is dead and this clan now belongs to me, I want all of my father's notes on anyone significant from the vassal families and our businesses. I want security to operate differently than when my father was in charge, you WILL NOT ALLOW HARM TO COME TO ANY WOMAN, that is in my employ or staying with us, including yourself, am I clear."

The woman snorted, clear dismissal was etched into her being, in response my killing intent, honed on the countless monsters I had killed began to leak out of my body, the temperature in the room began to drop massively, my voice turning frosty, lightning slowly wrapped itself around my hands.

The two were paralysed, I know why, usually I look like a clam and normal girl however when I'm angry, I make a Dragon look like a mouse, I'm aware I look like a demon right now however I have to assert myself otherwise this bodyguard will look down on me.  I slowly approached her, my hand now completely covered in lightning reaching out for her stomach, gently caressing it.

Then I simply pulled my hand away, the woman collapsed, struggling to breathe, her body rapidly convulsing, I bent down next to her and whispered 

"I control electricity, the signals your brain uses to control your body, I can override them with a simple touch, you forget to breathe, your legs can no longer walk, your arms can no longer be used. This is was only a slight show of strength to make you understand, I'm not some kid pretending to play house, this clan needs to be reformed and if I have to kill you to do so, then I will. I'm not a demon nor a serial killer however I will not be taken lightly, is that understood?"

The man nodded his head quickly, barely meeting my eyes, still looking down he muttered.

"I will go and get the books now."

And he sprinted out of the room, I then restored the woman to normal as my killing intent vanished as quickly as it appeared.

"I hope we can get along better in the future, work well and be rewarded, work badly and be punished, you will be bust tomorrow as I feel like the Vassal families are going to throw a fit, go and get some rest and some healing if you need it."

The rest of the night, I spent going through my father's notes,  until the door was flung open, a wet Aimee in a towel leapt at me.

"Bath time is over, now is the time to pet the kitty."

 

8