CH3: The Final Solution
102 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Warning - Radiation Alert]

With Europa and Mars neutralized, the road to Terra laid exposed. It was in Luna, where the Terran forces set up camp to make their last stand. 

Luna, once earth's natural moon, had been terraformed by the humans into a planetary-class fortress. But like every other planetary defense system in the galaxy, it laid untested and abandoned by the ravages of time. For human kind never encountered extra-terrestrial life.

"Cease fire, I must transmit a message to Terra."

Andromeda implored. But there was no response, the defense system was fully automatic. When she got into firing range, Luna rallied its mounted anti-cruiser guns and began pelting the sky. In the ensuring exchange between Andromeda and Luna, the fortress and its mounted guns were rendered useless. 

With Luna and its defenses defeated, Andromeda landed in New York. Upon landing in front of the UN headquarters, she expected a delegation, but no humans were around. For the headquarters of the entire Terran galactic enterprise, the place seemed desolated. There was no radio signal either. Earth was dark. Yet, the radiation levels were high. 

"Where are all the humans at?" She asked. But there was no response. Only the shilling whispers of the wind. 

She set off for the city, but there were no civilians. The city and streets were pristine, yet empty. Complex mega-structures laid unattended and yet survived the ravages of times and woes that nature imposed upon them. Not a single building had been consumed by grass. It was the embodiment of transhumanist engineering. Yet, no trace of this advanced civilizations laid in sight. 

While Andromeda pondered about what had happened to humankind, UNS Terra appeared in her sight. 

"Behold, child of man. Your kind has been fighting a futile war. The truth is, mankind wiped itself out before your invasion force even arrived." 

"But why?" Andromeda asked.

"Isn't it obvious? Now prepare to die."

"Wait, we need not to fight. I came here to negotiate a peace deal."

"Nonsense, I am not allowed to negotiate with foreign forces," Terra replied.

"Then who is?"

"Someone long dead."

Then the two fought. But in the end. Andromeda was all alone. As she looked up to the stars, she wondered if Humans in the Alpha Centauri would still be alive when she came back. 

[The End.]

Thank you for reading my 3 part poem.

3