Storm
12 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'As I thought,' Trilok didn't return to Kol's home and instead remained in the store. The entrance was closed shut and the flames burning within the lamp flickered due to insufficient oil. 

Trilok had just memorized the last of the skills and he could see all the skills marked separately in his information panel just like it was for others.

[Fist Smash (Common)(Upgrade Requirement: 3000)

Fisher's Breath (Common)(Upgrade Requirement: 2000)

Three Glazed Slash (Common)(Upgrade Requirement: 2500)

Sticky Thread (Uncommon)(Upgrade Requirement: 28000)

Sphere Barrier (Uncommon)(Upgrade Requirement: 35000)

Weak Magnet (Uncommon)(Upgrade Requirement: 45000)

Lingering Whisper (Uncommon)(Upgrade Requirement: 20000)

Diver's Fins (Uncommon)(Upgrade Requirement: 25000)]

This was an awkward situation for Trilok. He did not know the effect of upgrading the skills. After all, when he upgrades his cultivation techniques, his body will be physically affected to cover up the foundation which should have been built using the new technique. Even the act of upgrading cultivation level meant that his cheat has the ability to develop changes in his body. It was obvious by now.

In his mind, one of two things could happen the moment he upgrades his skills.

First, he will only receive the knowledge of the greater skill and the ability to master them would fall completely on him.

Second, he could receive some form of physical feedback that may allow him to use the upgraded skill instantly.

And he was willing to try this out. He would upgrade a common technique to an uncommon rank and check the result. But before doing any of that, Trilok popped open the remaining vial of the 16 spirit trace oil had concocted and smeared the contents over his hand. 

Rubbing his hand together, Trilok let the liquid seep through his skin and closed his eyes.

The cultivation is divided into two parts— collection and progression.

Since the cheat would take care of the progression part, Trilok simply collected the spiritual energy at a pace twice his regular one.

[208 Spirit Points Collected.]

[208 Spirit Points Collected.]

...

At the end of the two-hour cycle, Trilok had collected 24,960 additional points. 

Exhaling and letting out a puff of turbid breath, Trilok opened his eyes. It was past midnight now and his focused gaze landed on the information of his skills.

Out of the three common skills, Fisher's Breath was the least expensive option and this became the subject of the simple experiment.

'Upgrade.'

With a thought, 2000 points were lost and Trilok's gaze turned unfocused. His mind was flooded with the information of an uncommon spirit skill that utilized the spirit energy to compensate for the lack of air.

"Sigh... Maybe, it is asking too much to even learn skills with a snap," Trilok sighed deeply. Any person would get greedier with such a cheat and Trilok was no less. However, his greed was cut short this time. 

'I have to move my body to practice these skills. Might as well get started now.'

After all, there is no better moment than now. And after a round of Cultivation, he didn't feel like sleeping just yet.

The skill he picked to train was obviously the easiest of them all— Fist Smash.

In reality, Trilok had memorized the Three Glazed Slash in hopes of automatically learning it but now, he didn't think it was truly worth it.

*Creak*

The wooden floor under his foot creaked in the silent night as he walked into the center of the store. Although the living area of his house had gotten slightly tolerant, the space was too small.

'A fist skill with four different boxing stances. The peak of this skill is to be able to weave all the stances into one motion of attack.'

Trilok steadied his breathing, bent his knees slightly, and parted his feet. His fists were clenched tightly and he finally punched forward!

*Swish*

'Spirit Skill's final strength depends on the spirit cultivation and the spirit technique. Meanwhile, Martial Skill's strength depends on the body cultivation and the body cultivation technique,' Trilok smiled as his punches were quite sharp and fast.

Even though he abhorred the idea of fighting now, he still seemed a little familiar with the act of punching.

'Looks like I still got it a little,' Trilok snickered and began practicing the skill.

---

The Carnival Ship finally left and its departure saddened quite a major chunk of young men and women. In fact, Trilok had actively ignored Boris's act of trying to catch his attention even while the ship moved on.

*Crackle*

*Boom*

After months of peaceful journey, the community had also encountered a storm.

"Brother, I don't understand... storm cannot occur unless the Heaven's Cage wills it?" 

Kol, Trilok, and Vayu were in the same room but it was no longer Kol's house. Instead, the trio found themselves in a plain room with a single chair, a single mattress, and a single desk. The room did not have any windows and strangely, the violent shift in the ship's structure due to the Storm failed to dampen the warm mood inside the room.

Wearing a flower-printed shirt, one of his most expensive shirts, in fact, Trilok leaned against the wall, closed his eyes, and smiled.

"Yeah. In reality, there's a nature's phenomenon known as evaporation. Due to natural heat, the water of the ocean around us and of the ocean covering the Sky— the Heaven's Cage— would turn into vapors of water. This is the most fascinating aspect of these vapors. The warm vapors are lighter and naturally move away from the colder sea. When the vapors from both the ocean interact mid-air, they cause no trouble at all. After all, they are simple vapors that resemble air.

This, however, isn't true for the regions with colder temperatures. The temperature of Heaven's Cage follows the same pattern as the ocean we're on. With the lack of warm vapors, the cold, icy droplets of water collide with each other at an extremely large number... too large, and cause electricity. Um... just like two stones struck together to cause a spark. And at an even rarer situation, the sparks in the Heaven's Cage, and the ocean attract each other, causing heavenly lightning to strike both the oceans. The lightning then deviates the temperature of the vapors in the middle further and finally causes a storm. 

That is why Storms are more common in colder regions."

{A/N: Alright, before others say, oh, science doesn't work like that and whatnot, I apologize, cause I know that this isn't science. But then again, our world isn't caged by the ocean.}

Vayu nodded sagely, lied on his back, and spread his arms.

"So, I can only ever think how lightning is so domineering. That's my fate. I will never understand its true nature."

Vayu admitted, his young heart and mind unable to comprehend Trilok's words the slightest bit.

Not minding Vayu's antics, Kol leaned her back against the mattress and stared at the ceiling idly.

"Boss... it's good we can finally afford a spatial ring. This is our second storm already..."

Trilok recalled the destruction of his store and sighed deeply. That loss was truly hard to chew and it was because of the destruction caused by the natural disaster that he studied up on Storms. 

"How long do you think we will be stuck here?" Kol continued.

"At least 3 days... but, what I don't understand is, why are we stuck in the same room?"

"Jeli said that those living together must learn how to live in the same room, too," Vayu smiled.

"Jeli's an idiot," Trilok snorted.

"I know... but don't let her hear it!" Vayu trembled while Kol was speechless.

Right now, the trio was stuck inside the safe house built near the engine within the community ship. In fact, aside from the peak Spiritual Enhancer and those stronger than them were the only ones asked to assist the chief in safeguarding the ship.

"First rule," Trilok suddenly spoke up, "No Body Cultivation in here. We only have this one room and it will be hard to live just with how much some of us farts!" Trilok eyed Kol sharply as she blushed and hissed.

"Hey! Don't look at me for that!"

"What is rule number two?" Vayu inquired.

"None. We'll make it when it's needed," Trilok sighed.

"Rule number 2, you both are in the presence of a lady. So don't try anything strange!" She eyed Trilok viciously to embarrass him.

"Like stripping your pubes? Believe me, the moment I get the chance, I'll rip em out!" Trilok snorted while Kol gulped and her thighs squeezed themselves together.

"What are pubes?" Vayu inquired.

Kol didn't even know what to comment.

"Hair on your other head," Trilok mumbled, "Anyway, Vayu... aren't you forgetting something? Like... a few books... or scrolls?" Trilok inquired and Vayu's expression changed.

"Ah! Give them! Give them!" 

Vayu screamed with an anxious expression and sat up.

Chuckling, Trilok took out the skill manuals, placed them in front of Vayu, and left.

"I'm going to the bathroom. Vayu, be sure not to feed her too much or she'll bloat and explode!" Trilok cackled and closed the door while Vayu looked at the skills in front of him and smiled.

"Guess what, Sister Kol... Brother bought these skills for you!"

"And the truth is, we are lost descendants of gods fated to live a harsh life in this world." Kol smiled.

"What?" Vayu inquired with a confused expression.

"Oh, I thought we were competing."

"About what?"

"About the most exaggerated lie."

2