Chapter 17: Apostle
269 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join?

  • Yes - 20
  • No - 22

AN: BTW, this isn't me being forceful of joining his party. I just wanted a character that would pop up every now and then like this guy who would bother the MC. You can join or not, it's up to the votes. Plus, the last chap was getting long and it would take a while more to have another choice so I cut it short with that XD.

Chapter 17: Apostle

"No."

"S-still as direct as ever..."

Jay, AKA 'Kirito', laughed bitterly as he heard Lucas' direct answer.

The girls beside him just pulled him away while glaring at Lucas.

"Leave him Jay. Let's go hunt some more and level up!"

Lucas couldn't be bothered with this damn popular guy and his harem as he turned in another direction to find some enemies to hunt.

After a few hours' worth of grinding, Lucas rested for a while and took a look at his status.

[Name: Lucas]

[Race: Werebeast (White Wolf), ?????]

[Level: 43]

[Class: Healer]

[Title: ?????, World Traveler]

[Racial Abilities: Heightened Senses (P), Danger Sense (P), Wolf Transformation (A), Wolf Howl (A), ?????(P), Dragon's Wrath (A), Dragon's Roar (A), Wrath Flame (A)]

[Skills: Heal (A) Lvl 10, Cure (A) Lvl 7, Clear Mind (A) Lvl 16, Heal Sword (P) Lvl MAX]

[STR: 120 | VIT: 132 | INT: 67 | DEX: 50 | SPD: 54 | LUK: 16]

[Free stat points: 30]

Lucas seemed to have forgotten his original class and added all his points to STR, now totaling 150!

He was probably the only Healer who would put their stats to STR instead of INT...then again, as a solo player, Lucas didn't need to waste a lot of mana for healing as he only needed to heal himself.

Not to mention his healing skills are also still quite basic.

"I should probably get more skills..."

Lucas laughed and shook his head.

Lucas returned back to the village for now and logged off to eat Lunch.

At the same time, he was browsing the guides to check on the Healer's skills which he can get.

[Healing Light (A)], an AOE healing skill, unlike his Heal which can only be used on direct contact or shooting to someone. This skill is especially useful to parties, but not much use to him.

"Well, it won't hurt to get it anyway."

Lucas took a mental note on where to get the skill and continued to browse while eating.

[Curing Light (A)], like the Healing Light, it's an AOE skill version of Cure.

[Warrior's Bless (A)], a buff skill that enhances STR. This was quite useful to Lucas so he made sure to get this when he logs in again.

[Meditation (P)], when seated, can recover a certain amount of HP over time. This was also useful.

After taking note of where to get these skills, Lucas finished his lunch and logged in once more.

As he reappeared in the other world, he started to walk towards the Nine-Tails Shop. Although his appointment was still tomorrow, he wanted to sell off his loots first to get some money.

The fox lady was longer to be seen. Instead, there was a different fox girl at the front desk. Looking at her back, she only had one tail unlike the fox lady which he met earlier.

Lucas didn't think much of it and just thought that her shift ended. On the other hand, the clerk looked at him up and down and wondered.

White hair, blue eyes, the scent of a wolf, but no wolf ear or tail...is he the person boss mentioned?

While she was thinking of this, Lucas walked over to her and spoke, revealing his wolf fangs.

"Hi. I would like to sell some Lizardian leather with me."

"Eh? Ah, yes..."

The clerk snapped out of her thoughts and nodded.

Lucas then removed all the Lizardian leathers he had on him and placed them on the floor at the side.

This time, Lucas was a bit better when it came to harvesting the material. Still, its quality is at best, average. It can't be helped, he was just a beginner at this after all.

The clerk patiently counted all of the leather and spoke.

"I can offer you 50 gold per piece. Totaling to 650 gold as he had gotten 13 pieces."

Lucas was a bit speechless.

"50 gold per piece?"

Although he knew that he had better quality this time, it isn't that better than before. How come he got 30 more gold coins instead!?

The clerk tilted her head in confusion.

"Yes? We buy Lizardian leather at 50 gold at the lowest quality. I'm afraid I can't offer you more gold coins."

"..."

Lucas' mouth twitched.

T-that damn...fox! She scammed me!

Lucas wanted to cry but no tears came out. Especially when he noticed there was a signboard on the wall behind the counter regarding their price rates.

It was indeed written there...that they will buy Lizardian leathers for 50 gold at the lowest quality!

What the hell!? That was definitely not there before!

...No, that damn woman's big fluffy tail was covering it so I didn't see it!

Lucas sighed.

"A-are you alright, dear customer?"

"...I'm fine."

Lucas received the money absentmindedly and left the place.

After leaving the store, Lucas' next destination was the Temple of Lieran where he had changed his class to Healer.

He looked around and no longer saw that young man who changed his class. He had wanted to ask about the Heal Sword skill but it seems that would have to wait for another time.

Lucas followed the instructions he saw in the forums and found an old priest at the corner of the temple.

The old priest simply sat there with his eyes closed and his hands clasped together as if he was praying.

There was a small box on the floor in front of him which had a few gold coins inside.

Lucas took out two gold coins and placed one on the box.

*Clink*

At the sound of the coin landing, the old priest opened his eyes.

"Young healer, what do you wish to learn?"

"Please teach me the Healing Light and Curing Light."

"Close your eyes and embrace the Lord's light."

Lucas closed his eyes and felt a warm sensation envelop his body.

[Skill: Healing Light gained.]

[Skill: Curing Light gained.]

Once the feeling disappeared, Lucas bowed slightly to the old priest and thank him.

"Thank you."

"Do not thank me. Thank our Lord Lieran."

"Uhh, thank you. Lord..."

Lucas connected his hands as well and silently prayed to this God of Healing.

He didn't know if this God was real or not...but he reminded himself that this was another world and not just a game. There was a high chance that they could be real...

After the silent prayer, Lucas nodded at the old priest again and turned to leave.

But just as he was leaving, the old man called out to him.

"Young man."

"Hm?"

"It has been an honor to meet you."

"Huh? Oh...likewise. I'll see you later, old priest."

Lucas was confused but thought that it was just a polite gesture so he also returned the gesture, not thinking too much about it.

After leaving the temple, he took a look at his status to check on the skills he got.

[Name: Lucas]

[Race: Werebeast (White Wolf), ?????]

[Level: 43]

[Class: Healer]

[Title: ?????, World Traveler, Lieran's Apostle]

[Racial Abilities: Heightened Senses (P), Danger Sense (P), Wolf Transformation (A), Wolf Howl (A), ?????(P), Dragon's Wrath (A), Dragon's Roar (A), Wrath Flame (A)]

[Skills: Heal (A) Lvl 10, Cure (A) Lvl 7, Clear Mind (A) Lvl 16, Heal Sword (P) Lvl MAX, Healing Light (A) Lvl 1, Curing Light (A) Lvl 1, Lieran's Blessing (P) Lvl MAX]

[STR: 150 | VIT: 132 | INT: 67 | DEX: 50 | SPD: 54 | LUK: 16]

[Free stat points: 0]

"..."

Lucas stared at his own status screen for quite a while before snapping back to reality.

"Hah!?"

What...why is there another skill!? There wasn't any notification earlier...And this skill even has a God's name on it! Actually, why did he suddenly become that guy's apostle!?

There were too many things that just felt weird to him. He didn't even do anything...

Lucas nervously checked the skill to see what it does.

[Lieran's Blessing (P)]

[Lvl MAX]

[Description: The blessing of the God of Healing. All healing-based skills are enhanced by twice the effect.]

"..."

[Title: Lieran's Apostle]

[Description: The apostle of the God of Healing. Certain privileges have been applied.]

"..."

After a second of silence, Lucas quickly ran back to the temple to look for the old priest.

However, when he got there, the old priest...was already gone.

Confused, he grabbed a player at the side and asked.

"Hey, where's the old priest there who gives out skills?"

"Huh? What are you saying? He's always...there...huh?"

The player looked annoyed and pointed at a corner, however, when he turned to look, the old priest was indeed gone.

"Weird, maybe he took a break or something? We should probably report it to the GMs though as it could be a bug."

"..."

Lucas was unable to answer that.

After all...this was a real-world and not a game...those GMs can't do anything here other than manipulating the status screens and such...

Lucas sighed and looked for anyone who might've seen where the old priest went.

But after asking a lot, none of the players knew where he went so Lucas tried asking the residents instead.

The answer he got was...

"He has returned to the Lord's embrace."

"..."

Embrace my ass! Why did he just disappear after I suddenly become an apostle!? What kind of lousy plot is this!?

Author: Ghh-!?...

After some time, Lucas could only give up. Instead, he tried to think of what use this title of his will has.

It says that certain privileges have been applied but...what privileges?

And so he asked another resident in the Temple.

He found a pretty nun and asked.

"I'm the Apostle of Lieran, do I get anything?"

"..."

The nun was speechless for a second. Suddenly she smiled warmly and placed her hand on his head.

"The Lord will forgive you. Clear Mind."

"..."

Lucas left.

Dammit! The title is also worthless!

What kind of shitty game is this!?

...Oh right, this isn't actually a game world...in that case, it explains a lot.

Real life is a just shitty game after all...

"Forget it, I'll just treat it as nothing and continue like normal..."

Lucas sighed and shook his head as he went to his next destination.

He walked a bit further away from the village center and found a small house at the corner of the village outskirts.

Lucas knocked on the door and waited.

"Who is it?"

The door opened and revealed a bald man with a calm expression.

The bald man saw Lucas and revealed a surprised expression.

"Oh, an interesting guest has come. Come, come inside."

"Thank you. Sorry for the intrusion..."

Lucas said awkwardly as he followed the bald man inside.

The bald man gestured him to sit on the table while he walked to the counter at the side to brew some tea.

As he did, he asked.

"Well, to what do I owe the pleasure of your visit, Lieran's Apostle?"

"...Huh? How did you..."

Lucas was shocked.

He had already decided to give up thinking about that damn title yet all of a sudden, this guy who he was gonna ask to learn Warrior's Bless from...knew that he was an apostle!?

This chapter's really filled with twists and turns!

Author: Ahem!

...

The bald man smiled calmly and placed the tea in front of Lucas.

"While others aren't able to know whether one is an Apostle or not, there are a few special occasions. I am merely one of those special occasions."

"...Meaning?"

"Do not worry, Lieran's Apostle. I mean you no harm. But why have you come to seek me today?"

"Well...I heard I can learn Warrior's Bless from you."

The bald man nodded.

"Indeed, that is that case."

He looked at Lucas up and down and hummed.

"Hmmm...it seems you also have 'that guy's' Heal Sword. How interesting."

"???"

Lucas was confused.

Just who the hell is this guy to even know that skill? Is he secretly a GM? Oh wait, I know those GMs, they're useless...

"I can indeed help you learn Warrior's Bless. However, I also have something else that might be of use to you...do you wish to learn it?"

"What is it?"

The bald man smiled.

"It's a very special skill. Do you wish to learn?"

Lucas hesitated for a moment...

https://strawpoll.com/28d93vq6u

16