Chapter 11: Crying
2.8k 4 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the morning the fox demon woke up and found that Jin Huang is clinging to him like an octopus. He moves to unwrap the human from him, but after a minute he noticed Jin Huang not wearing shorts and not wearing any underwear. His hands ended up touching the human’s bare bottom it felt soft, nice, and…

The fox demon forcefully changed himself into his small fox form and bites Jin Huang on the right shoulder successfully waking the young man up.

‘Foolish. Silly. Careless.’ The fox demon thought and if someone else was here with Jin Huang then it is very likely the human would be….

“Little fox good morning.” Jin Huang said in a mutter and he lets out a little yawn. He notices the fox demon changed back into little fox form. Must be more comfortable in that form or perhaps it takes a lot of effort to maintain a humanish form.

“You leave yourself too vulnerable.” The fox demon scolded and Jin Huang blinked his eyes. He picks up the fox demon up into his arms.

“You’ll protect me, right?” Jin Huang asked teasingly and smiling brightly at the fox. “So I don’t have to worry right, little fox of mine?”

The fox demon felt overwhelmed and could only stare up into those beautiful blue eyes. Jin Huang kissed the little fox on the nose.

“You worry too much, little fox. Even if I’m vulnerable no one will try anything because I’m unattractive and scary.” Jin Huang told the small creature and let out a little smile when seeing those golden eyes widen in surprise. “I always wear baggy clothing for it is comfortable and makes me feel secure. At school I always kept my hair free hiding most of my face because if I feel sad it won’t show on my face.”

Jin Huang hugs the little fox and holds him close.

“Scary because I rarely ever talk and a lot of my face hidden from sight. I rarely talk to anyone because I don’t want to mess up, say the wrong thing, or anything like that.” Jin Huang told him and he stands up while holding the little fox. “I talk a lot with my cat and the countless koi fish in the large pond. I talk with the flowers, the birds, the bees, and to myself too.”

The fox demon felt like his heart was in pain, he wasn’t sure what to say, and he licked the young man’s right cheek. No taste of salt.

“I feel pretty free with animals and plants, Little fox. I’m afraid to open up. I’m afraid of perhaps one day being hated. I’m afraid of being abandoned in the future.” Jin Huang whispered and he leans against the wall of the cave while standing. “On my sixth birthday my parents warned me about the dangers of having friends and firmly scolded me when I cried. They told me that I shouldn’t cry for it is a weakness, it is an embarrassment, and it is shameful for a son to cry. If I ever cry it should be quiet and face mustn’t be seen.”

The fox demon trembled with rage, silently cursing the young man’s parents, and tail puffed up in pure anger. Jin Huang sits down by the hot springs and puts his feet in.

“Since then if I ever cried I’m alone or hugging my fluffy while crying. I don’t think tears are a weakness or an embarrassment. I always did my best not to cry in front of others for what if….my parents really abandon me because they find me to be shameful….a disgrace.” Jin Huang voice getting quieter and quieter. “Crying isn’t limited to sorrow can also be from joy or anger or frustration. I actually cry a lot, Little fox. The animals are unable to speak in a language I can understand. The flowers are unable to speak. Little fox do you think I’m an embarrassment, shameful, and disgraceful?”

The fox demon jumps out from the young man’s arms and transforms making sure to keep his fox ears along with tail.

“You are not an embarrassment, Jin Huang. It is not shameful. It is not disgraceful.” The fox demon said firmly, hugging the young man tightly within his arms, and his right hand goes to the back of Jin Huang’s head.

“Little fox have you ever cried?” Jin Huang asked him and his voice slightly muffed against the fox demon’s chest. The fox demon was silent for a moment.

“I can’t recall.” The fox demon replied honestly and he has lived for a very long time. He didn’t cry when his so-called family and friends betrayed him. Instead of crying he laughed madly while showing his pure power to them. Skinning some of them alive while others were died when he skinned them. Afterwards he felt a bit numb. Whenever humans came across his forest they always went for the villa after the first night he has them trapped none of them have ever lived to the seventh night.

“If you ever cry in the future little fox I’ll make sure to give you a really tight hug and do my best to comfort you if you are sad, okay.” Jin Huang promised while having his face looking up at the fox demon’s handsome face. He hopes that if the fox demon ever cries that it won’t be from sorrow let it be tears of joy. “If you are crying with joy then I’ll be crying with you, okay. If you are crying from frustration I’ll try my best to help you. If you are crying from anger I’ll try my best to find a nice healthy tree so you can vent it out.”

“How can you be so wonderful, Jin Huang?” The fox demon didn’t realize he asked that question out loud. Jin Huang’s cheeks started feeling a bit hot, he looks down, and buries his face onto the fox demon’s chest. After several minutes Jin Huang moves out from those strong and warm arms. The young man quickly puts on his underwear, shorts, and zips up the long orange fur coat.

"You are really sweet, Little fox. I wonder if your mouth is made of sugar." Jin Huang said teasingly and he pinches the fox demon's slightly flushed cheeks. "The cave is really nice, but lets go out and have some fresh air. I wonder if those two people are still around. Perhaps I might work up the courage to actually talk to them."

'They are already dead. All of the humans are dead....expect for Jin Huang.' The fox demon thought and he did not say a word. 'In this forest it is only I, Jin Huang, and the ghosts.'

He had sensed the death of the last human remaining in the villa last night about a minute before midnight. Perhaps that human couldn't take being trapped in the villa and decided to kill himself. He didn't give any orders to the ghosts last night unless one ghost decided to go ahead although did not recieve any orders last night from him. Oh, well regardless now he can show off his villa to Jin Huang although can't tell him 'It is my villa' and could maybe silently mislead the young man into thinking 'could get experience with talking to humans' by staying in the villa.

"Little fox want to go the villa with me?" Jin Huang asked calmly and the fox demon nodded his head in agreement. "Although I have no idea where we are right now and I really don't know the way to the villa, little fox."

91