Epilogue
162 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I lay in a white wonderland, drifting in and out of consciousness. Someone was talking - wait, two people - but I couldn't make out who ...

The voices were very familiar ...

One was ... Harry's! And the other was ... was ...

Dumbledore's!

They were talking about Quirrell. He was dead from the sound of it. The Stone was destroyed. Nicolas and his wife would die ... "To the well organised mind, death is but the next great adventure ..." Harry and I technically killed Quirrell, but apparently it was Mum's protection that she gave us that saved us. Huh ...

Just as they finished talking, "Misters Fred and George Weasley and Terry Boot tried sending you two a lavatory seat. No doubt they thought it would amuse you both ..." I lost consciousness again, this time for real.

~~~

I woke up. No one else was in the hospital wing ... apart from two people. Two parents. Two people that looked eerily like me ...

Lily and James Potter were standing by my hospital bed, distressed. They were whispering anxiously, but when they saw that I was awake, they looked down at me, smiling.

"Ah, my wonderful daughter is awake. Have a nice time with You-Know-Who?" Dad grinned down at me, reaching out a hand and stroking my hair. "Got rid of him, did you? That's my girl ..." 

"James!" Mum glared at Dad, then took my hand. "Sweetheart, you have no idea how relieved I am that you're okay ..." Tears started making their way down her face.

"Oh, Lily ..." Dad looked distressed again and ruffled her red hair. "She's alright now, look at her ... my awesome daughter, she can do anything! I mean, did you see her at that Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Slytherin? She's just like her old Pops, totally amazing." He kissed the top of my head.

"Now I see where I've got my big head from, Dad!" I joked. Lily stopped crying and laughed. James straightened up and pretended to look offended. 

"Hey! I'm the illegal Animagus here-" 

"I am too, Dad." I grinned at him. "I'm a puppy, what are you?"

Dad blinked. "I'm a stag. So you found our old book, then?" 

"Yep." 

"Oh, no ... we wrote that a very long time ago ..." Dad's eyes were wide. "Please don't say you read anything embarrassing!" 

"It's alright, I didn't." I laughed.

Mum stared at us both. "James! You're not supposed to encourage our children into illegality!" But I could see there was an amused look in her eye.

We all stared at each other for a second, then burst out laughing. James hugged me, then Lily did too. 

"We've got to go soon ... but someone's supposed to be here!" James exclaimed, glancing at a weird looking watch on his wrist.

Then Harry burst through the double doors at the end of the hospital wing. "Mum! Dad!" 

He dashed over to us. The three of them stood at my bed, smiling at me as they started crying silently again, even Harry. I got off the bed and we all group-hugged. 

"Why isn't she waking up yet? I woke up DAYS ago ..." A distant voice sounded.

"Bye, Daisy!" Harry grinned. "See you very, very soon!" 

"Goodbye, my sweet darling ..." Lily, my mother, whispered, smiling sadly at me.

"See you later, my little prankster." James, my father, whispered, smiling longingly at me. "You've made me proud."

"Wait, don't go!" I cried as they faded out of sight and I was submerged in darkness for a second.

"What if she's in a coma?!" Another panicked voice sounded in the distance.

Then I properly woke up, tears making tracks down my face.

"Daisy!" Several voices all yelled at once. I winced, and they all chorused, "Sorry."

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Terry, the twins, Lee, Amy, Suzanne, and Shannon were standing around my bed.

"You're awake, oh thank goodness-" Hermione babbled.

"I thought you were never gonna wake up!" Terry exclaimed.

"I thought my sister was gone." Harry said, a single happy tear leaking out of his eye.

"I never- I-" Ron stuttered.

"We didn't even feel in the mood for pranking when you were out, Daisy!" Fred, George, and Lee chorused.

"It was so dull without you, Daisy!" Amy cried.

"We were so worried!" Suzanne and Shannon sobbed.

"I thought I'd lost you." Draco said quietly.

"Thanks guys," I smiled at them, "but I'm okay now."

"Why are you crying?" Harry asked me quietly.

The others all sensed that this was a moment and moved away to give us some privacy.

I told Harry about what I had seen in my dream.

"I just want them back, Harry." I sobbed. "I just want to meet them, and be their daughter, be a proper family."

"I understand completely." Harry said, hugging me fiercely. "I think those thoughts all the damn time." 

"I love you, Harry." I said softly.

"I love you too. Siblings forever, yeah?" 

"Yeah."

As we all trooped down for the end-of-year feast that evening, Terry told me that Ravenclaw had beaten Gryffindor thoroughly without Harry and me.

I didn't speak to him or Amy the rest of the evening.

Harry showed me a photo album of our parents from before they died that Hagrid had given us. He told me that I could keep it for the night, at which I cried for a few minutes at.

Madam Pomfrey came down at the last minute before we were about to go into the hall, and told us and Harry not to do anything strenuous and stuff. The others had all went ahead, so we were now the last people to enter the Great Hall.

As we entered, side by side, everyone looked up and immediately started whispering. People were even standing up to look at us. We dropped into our seats alongside Ron and Hermione, and Hermione and I grinned as we slung our arms around each other.

Slytherin banners were up everywhere. They had won the house cup.

Dumbledore stood up. "Another year gone!" And he went on to tell us of the house points and where we all stood. Gryffindor was last (probably because I helped dock some of the points with my pranking, oops!).

"However, recent events must be taken into account." The Slytherin's smiles faded a little.

"First, for loyalty and determination not to give up on their friends and to stand by and protect whom they love, fifty points each for Terry Boot and Draco Malfoy."

Slytherin and Ravenclaw cheered. Terry and Draco looked around at me, cheeks pink, grinning shyly.

"Second, for the best played game of chess Hogwarts has ever seen, fifty points for Ronald Weasley."

Gryffindor stood up and cheered. I cheered the loudest (to embarrass Ron, whose ears were flaming red).

"Third, for the use of cool logic in the face of fire, I award Hermione Granger fifty points."

Hermione buried her face in her robes. I got the impression that she was sobbing.

"Fourth, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Mr Harry Potter sixty points."

Gryffindor was beside itself.

"And last ... for Miss Daisy Potter ..." The hall went deadly silent. "For amazing determination and stubbornness, extraordinary courage, and her willingness to sacrifice herself if she were to save others ... I award Gryffindor house seventy points."

The hall exploded. We were now in the lead. I looked around, my cheeks pink, but proud, grinning. I couldn't help it. I guess I really was as fat headed as my father ...

"I think we need a little change in decoration." Dumbledore waved his wand and the green and silver drapes turned to red and gold, and the big silver serpent changed to a big golden lion.

~~~

The last day was mayhem. The teachers gave out notes warning us not to use magic over the holidays ("I always hope they'll forget to give us these." Fred said sadly) and the twins and I caused chaos in Gryffindor Tower, nicking people's things and hiding them all over the place.

Then we were aboard the Hogwarts Express on our way home, and before we knew it, back at Platform Nine-And-Three-Quarters. 

"Bye, Daisy!"

"Tally ho, Harry!"

"See you, Potter!"

"Still famous, I see!" Ron grinned at us.

Harry shrugged, still giving Ron the cold shoulder about the Mirror of Erised and the ball thing.

I laughed at him.

We went through the barrier. Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and Dudley were standing nervously near the exit.

"Bye, twins!" Hermione grinned, and hurried off to her parents.

"Bye, Daisy!" The twins and Terry chorused. 

"Goodbye!" Amy, Suzanne, and Shannon waved.

"I'll write to you guys." Ron grinned and strode over to his mother and little sister, Ginny, who was standing on tip-toes to get a good look at us.

"See you later, Daisy. I'll send an owl." Draco grinned shyly at me, scratching the back of his neck.

"Draco?" I said.

"Yeah?"

"Maybe get rid of the hair gel. It's not a great look." I advised him. He went pink, and I laughed. Then he started laughing too, and we were just standing there, laughing like idiots.

"C'mon, better go." Harry said, glaring at Draco.

"Bye!" I cried, and Draco lifted a hand in farewell, still smiling.

We wandered over to our 'family'.

"Who was that, Daisy?" Dudley asked, grinning, as Aunt Petunia sobbed, hugging me, and Uncle Vernon slapped me on the back. "Your boyfriend?"

"Shut up." I glared at him, as we all walked outside, and Harry and Dudley high-fived.

Though, honestly ... something at the back of my mind wanted to say 'Yes'.

~~~

End of book 1! Watch out for the second book, it's called Daisy Potter and the Heir of Slytherin, it'll be out shortly :D

*EDIT: it's out now*

5