Chapter 237 Epilogue (kinda rushed)
1.7k 21 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Years have passed-

Wait, years!?

Author! The fuck are you doing!?

(A/N: I'm finishing up the story.)

Oh, that’s why…

Anyways, years have passed. Lots of things happened… obviously. I mean, I would be pretty worried if not many things happened after an entire DECADE.

As expected, Avalon’s fame quickly spread across the world. Many people travelled from all over the continent to visit the Everdistant Utopia.

The city became a place of dreams and miracles. Highly advanced technology, both magical and scientific, an incredibly potent military might, culture from across multiple worlds (courtesy of the library), and so much more. The common folk call this place the Land of Dreams.

I actually had to expand the size of the city multiple times with spatial runes.

Most importantly though is the Tower of Babel, or to be more specific, the Dungeon.

A figurative gold mine with next to no risk whatsoever courtesy of the rather cheap resurrection bracelets.

Adventurers from all around the world, both famous and obscure, rushed to the dungeon to try their hands at it.

At first, it wasn’t very easy. Fighting in the dungeon is completely different from fighting on the surface against wild natural monsters like normal adventurers are used to.

But after some trial and error, people began to quickly find tips and tricks to descending the floors quickly.

Like maps.

Yes, they didn’t think to use FUCKING MAPS during the first few dozen dungeon runs.

Disregarding them…

The majority of the adventurers could only find it in themselves to reach Floor 18 as Floor 19 has a jump in monster spawns and difficulty.

Rank B and above could handle it quite easily, if you’re with a party, then that’s even better. You can expect to hit Floor 50 with a decent party.

A Rank adventurers could hit Floor 50 or 60 by themselves and floor 80 if they’re in a party.

The strongest of the strong A Rank parties could even hit floor 100.

As an aside, the record for the lowest floor reached solo is by an adventurer who is wielding a familiar black sword.

It’s a guy who picked up Greed from the 18th floor. Thankfully, he’s not an insufferable idiot. Although he’s on a wild goose chase trying to find out who the fuck made Greed.

He’ll never know…

His record is the 91st floor by the way. He’s pretty famous.

Of course, this is excluding “monsters”, not in the literal sense of the word.

I'm talking about people like Hinata, people who have breached the realm of “normal”.

She reached Floor 131 on her first try and successfully became a True Hero with a little help on my end. After that, she continued to push her record.

As an aside, Milim reached Floor 152.

Don’t get me wrong, she could theoretically complete the dungeon if she played things perfectly and used Enkidu, but…

Well, you see, there’s this little trap you can find on every floor.

It’s called a Treasure Chest Mimic.

I'm sure you know what it does…

You can find it on every floor along with ordinary treasure chests. It also has a neat little gimmick where it doesn’t matter how much damage you take from a Mimic, if you get hit, or in this case, bitten, you will be sent straight to the surface.

Because of that, the Mimic has become the most hated monster in the dungeon along with Adalman and his skeletons.

It’s normal to test each chest for traps, right?

Wrong.

Milim falls for those suckers.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Her record of Floor 152 was only achieved because she went 152 floors without meeting any mimics.

There was one time she died to a Mimic on Floor 5. I've never seen Ramiris laugh that hard before.

Mikoto cleared the dungeon on her third run. Her first two runs were… unfortunate. I think she might hate Mimics the most out of everyone in the entire city.

Anyway, the dungeon is SUPER popular. Even Guy Crimson tried it when he visited out of curiosity.

He nearly completed it too, but he gave up on Floor 200, the Storm True Dragon Velophis’ Boss Room.

Don’t get me wrong, he didn’t fight and lose… he just didn’t get the chance to fight in the first place.

He took his long time friend and companion, Velzard, the White Ice Dragon AKA Veldora/Velophis’ older sister.

The moment Velzard’s eyes landed on Velophis for the first time, she ran forward and pampered her like no tomorrow. She was able to dissuade Guy from fighting Velophis, all the while hugging the latter like a doll. Thus, Guy had to give up in the end.

Honestly, it would’ve been a tough fight. Velophis is tougher than Veldora and most likely even Velzard and Velgrynd courtesy of her Meat Bun diet.

Truly, she is the most worthy of the Floor 200 boss.

As an aside, no, Mikoto didn’t kill Velophis to complete the dungeon. She just gave Velophis a meat bun and said “I’ll give you more if you surrender”.

I think you all know the result.

Anyway, that’s the dungeon.

Within the first few years of the 10-year timeskip, the Eastern Empire invaded and the Angels descended for the Tenma War immediately after.

Needless to say, I easily dealt with them.

For the Empire, I made giant Meat Bun Gundamsand had them surround their borders, preventing them from leaving.

I know, I know, it’s overkill. But I'm not changing it, so that’s that.

A few years of them trying everything went by, from sending armies at the Meat Bun Gundams to even throwing Velgrynd, the Scorch Dragon AKA Veldora/Velophis’ OTHER older sister.

Nothing worked.

In the end, I made a deal with their Emperor.

“Stop the little game you’re playing with Guy, cease your thirst for world conquest, and be satisfied with your lands.”

I was pretty badass then, not gonna lie.

He didn’t really have a choice, but he WAS a former Hero, one of the greatest in history, so he obviously didn’t give up.

It was only recently, a few months ago in fact, that he finally gave up and heeded my advice.

I gave him a meat bun which restored his soul that was worn down from his many reincarnations.

Now, the Emperor AKA Rudra Nam Ul Nasca (mouthful of a name) and Velgrynd visit every couple of weeks or so. Most of the time, it’s at the behest of Velgrynd.

Velophis claims another onee-san’s heart, it seems…

Guy and Rudra meet every now and again too, which is good. Now, they compete on who reaches floor 200 the fastest.

As for the Tenma War, I just threw a Meat Bun into Heaven. I don’t know what happened after that.

It could’ve exploded, wiping out the entire realm, or it could’ve pacified the entire Angel Race. I don’t know.

Meat Buns work in mysterious ways…

Oh yeah, I also opened up a massive, permanent portal to Other Rimuru’s world, and we made an inter-dimensional treaty, so there’s that.

It was pretty funny, seeing everyone meeting their counterparts.

Mikoto and I got married, finally.

She grew up into a beautiful woman 26 years of age.

Her chest didn’t grow, however…

Don’t misunderstand, with her spiritual body, she can control what she looks like to a certain degree. If she wanted, she could have G-Cup breasts.

But… well… I may or may not have gained a fetish for modest breasts during the years…

I can't help it! I have hanky panky with Mikoto every day! And every time is euphoric!

So yeah, I like modest breasts now.

Anyways, the wedding.

It was massive, obviously. We had a big official wedding spanning the entire world and even a little of Other Rimuru’s world.

We then had a smaller wedding where only everyone close to us was invited. Mikoto and I considered this wedding to be the official one.

Although we had alcohol shortages for a few weeks after that. I wonder why…

(A/N: The girls were drowning their sorrows in alcohol, obviously.)

Seriously!? They were!?

(A/N: Yeah man. You’re pretty dense.)

Fuck you! You wrote me this way!

(A/N: Yeah, and there’s nothing you can do about it. *Slides on deal-with-it glasses*)

*Sigh*

(A/N: …)

(A/N: … So…)

… Yeah… This is it, huh…?

(A/N: Yeah. Fanfic is ending here.)

… Huh… it felt so long…. And yet…

(A/N: Yeah, so long, and yet, it feels like yesterday when I wrote Chapter 1.)

Yeah… so long, and yet, so short. So fucking weird…

(A/N: …)

..

..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(A/N: Well, I’ll head off now.)

Already? Not even an extra chapter?

(A/N: Nah. I've… had enough. I can't really milk this story for anything else, I've been seriously losing motivation during the last few chapters…)

Yeah, now that you mention it, things were a little rushed…

(A/N: Yeah. Thankfully, my motivation came back during this final chapter. I guess it’s because I can just push all my ideas without having to worry about lots of things like character interactions, the timeline, plot, pacing, and shit like that.)

Damn… writing is hard, huh?

(A/N: I wouldn’t say “hard”. It depends. Sometimes, like right now, my words just flow out of me. Other times, I can sit there for minutes without a single word being written before I get distracted and watch youtube or read other fanfics.)

Wow… that sounds complicated.

(A/N: it kinda is…)

So… are you writing anything after this?

(A/N: I… don’t know. I probably will, but definitely not anytime soon. It could be a week, maybe a month, maybe even a year. Who knows, I might never get back to writing.)

Sounds kinda bleak.

(A/N: It is, man… it is…)

Well, I guess I should thank you for writing my story.

(A/N: Nah, it was my pleasure. I'm sure the readers really enjoyed it too.)

Yeah, thank you too, readers, for following along with my journey filled with bullshittery and crappy references.

(A/N: Oi. I'm the one who wrote those references.)

Thank you to everyone who dropped a comment on the latest chapters.

(A/N: Yeah, honestly, those comments were really motivational. Sometimes, I wanted to take a break (sometimes permanently), but reading those comments made me think “… maybe just one more chapter…” which continued until now.)

Really, Thank You all, it’s been an enjoyable ride.

(A/N: Thank You for reading my story.)

And, uh…

(A/N: I guess…)

.

.

.

AN/MC: That’s all folks!

 

*FIN~*

-----

END STATS

-

Name: Rimuru

Race: Meat Bun Slime

Protection: Crest of Space

Title: *Too many for the Author to bother putting them in*

???: [Codex: Illyasviel]

U?t?ma?e Skills: [Meat Bun ROB, God of Everything]

Equipment: Yamato - Genesis

36