Hellbound [07] – Year 20 – Preacher
113 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"SEEK THE LIGHT AND REJECT THE ETERNAL FIRE!" Is the yelling outside waking me from my sleep. Great some religious nut job is preaching nearby. I am getting pretty unforgiving about this. Not the first time I have been woken up by it in the last week. Seems the street I live on is attracting all sorts of people...

I just leave my bedroom changing my clothes as I go downstairs with magic and step outside. Fucking hell, right at the pavement beyond my garden, even ruining my lawn with a sign.

"I don't know who put you up to this but piss off," Is all I can manage as I get near.

"You can't silence the holy message!"

"I am pretty sure I can, do I need to phone the police?"

"The fires of hell are strong here and I will save all who pass by,"

"Fine police it is,"

"LISTEN SO YOU CAN BE SAVED FROM THE HELLS!"

No that's not right. No religious person uses hells, someone has planted that idea. Another thing to deal with. I still call the police on this public nuisance as I go inside. I just use a silencing spell as I wait for the response and ten minutes later they come trying to calm the situation down when I notice it. A long feather drops, I make it appear in my hand. Angel, seems to be low maybe low mid-tier at most. Certainly causing trouble at least. I guess it is far too early for Rachael to come over and I trace the magic, teleporting a few times till I find the rooftop the angel is on.
"The hells are very strong with you,"

"Are you going to keep sending annoying people to where I live?" He turns around finally facing me.

"Hellbound isn't a fate many witches have. Not even a speck of light but I can offer salvation," I freeze, I must confess I am tempted, I have been trying to escape this for far too long.

"And what is your suggestion?"

"Kneel, become my follower and submit to me, let my magic flow through you," And there are the alarm bells ringing, never accept magic from someone you can't trust.

"No other way? I have already dealt with problematic angels using mind control,"

"Do you have no faith in those above you?"

"No, I have no faith in an angel offering salvation while wanting to do something that is more likely to take control of me,"

"The sheep can not be trusted to roam free so the shepherd must guide them, protect them even at the cost of their freedom,"

"No need for shepherds here, return to your realm,"

"Foolish child," He spreads his wings and pushes his realm out but it is met with mine expanding rapidly to greet it, stalemate.

It isn't an ideal start but I am actually glad I am alone, Rachael hasn't even started her training and wouldn't be ready to experience exposure from such an angel, no not a simple angel, an archon, a ruler of angels. Shit, I am not strong enough for this either.

The opening is brutal as his arm fills with light and he swings. I block it with as much magic as I can muster but that isn't enough and I raise my arms, the bones are straining, maybe even cracking. Think Alex think. I teleport back slightly but his realm gains on me slightly. He closes the gap again and I evade before he gets a chance to attack but it is a feint and another chance to expand his realm narrowing the roof that I control.

Mum, I hope you are listening ...

I pulse my magic a bit in distress and counterattack with a flashy lightning bolt. It is easily deflected since I aimed high and it shoots straight up. I try firing another but when it enters his realm it just fizzles out. Time to try fire, a pure jet as smokey as I can make it. He is completely unharmed and closing in before he stops.

"I thought I taught you better than that Alexandra Reid, no fire in high-density areas," Finally I can relax.

"You got my message then," I am smiling slightly, my mother is so much stronger than me and has already completely covered the roof in her realm like a steel cage, even the archon is judging the situation but as the lamb before the wolf.

"I am always here for you Alex," She steps forwards finally showing herself to my view but she doesn't share her realm, guess my fight is done here.

"This hellspawn is yours?" The archon really shouldn't have said that and the reply is a simple cut of magic. The right wing drops to the floor, blood seeping out.

"No one calls my daughter hellspawn," Oh she is furious I kind of want to flee, the archon certainly wants to flee but there isn't an escape, "You know I have always wanted a pillow with angel feathers just to see what it is like"

"L-lets talk this through,"

"Oh we are past talking, Alexandra dear, close your eyes," I do and all I hear is the screams and splattering of blood and guts before silence, and then the magic changes before finally relaxing, "You can open them now," I get to see and there was clearly signs of blood but they are mostly gone vanishing within seconds, she must have prevented any from getting on me and ... are those new clothes?

"Thank you,"

"As long as I am alive I will be here for you," She smiles at me before examining a feather she is holding, "These things feel awful, who would want to sleep on these,"

I can't help bursting into laughter, she smiles. I can always count on her to lift my spirits. Time to go home.

4