Hellbound [08] – Year 26 – Oni
108 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alex,"

 

"Hey, Alex,"

 

"ALEXANDRA" that shout finally snaps me back.

"Sorry what?"

"Why are you making me read about this stuff instead of our usual hunting activities?"

"Are the laws of reality really that boring?"

"You know what I mean,"

"No objects infused with power from other plains can ever cross over. Doing so would break the divide and thus reality but it is considered more like the laws of physics, unbreakable even if maybe not fully understood,"

"What has made you so interesting in teaching all of a sudden,"

"Enhance your senses, smell,"

It takes her a few moments of muttering but she sniffs and finally recoils.

"Alcohol?"

"Exactly Rachael, a certain kind of Oni is visiting, time for you to get your wish of action. I think I have the location pinned down but I will leave it all to you this time,"

"I- wait what?"

"Let's go," I grab her hand and we are in an alleyway outside a bar, she breaks out into a fit of coughing, guess I caught her more off-guard than usual.

 

We enter and a large japanese man sitting at the bar laughing instantly catches my eye. I am sure the fact he is well over two meters and he is bursting with muscle is why Rachael is also starring at him.

"Vision," I comment and she gets the hint and I feel her magic at work. She will be able to see his true form shortly after some muttering under her breath.

"Red skin, horns, wait he is mortal?"

"Indeed, we are not here with hostile intent," I go to the bar a few seats away from the man, "Lemonade with plenty of ice." It doesn't take long for the bartender to serve it to me and I dump the coins for it on the bar with a moderate tip before taking a sip enjoying it.

"Hey big guy, that stuff you are drinking looks a bit weak, want to drink what you have in that sack of yours with my friend here?"

"Alex, what are you doing?"

The man just downs his pint as if he hadn't drunk anything in weeks and picks up a cloth bag near his feet walking over. He gives a sniff.

"Witch and apprentice interesting," He says as he sits closer. I just take a sip of my lemonade, "You are not here to send me back right?"

"Yes and no, you just wanted to share a drink in this plain right? Best way to make you leave is to satisfy you,"

"Ha! so you are going to share my drink?"

"Like I said, not me, my apprentice, I am not a drinker myself,"

"Alex I thought you said I was going to deal with this," Seems I struck a nerve with Racheal again.

"And you are but first I needed to set the stage,"

 

He leads to a booth a bit out of view taking a seat, I sit around the back of it leaving Rachael to sit opposite him, she is clearly intimidated by him but putting up a brave front.

"Just one drink, you know how powerful that stuff is here," I warn.

"I thought you said infused objects couldn't cross?"

"They can't, it doesn't mean that they can't brew really strong alcohol and bring it here,"

"I am sure you will enjoy it if you can handle it," The man is basically beaming as the saucer-like cups come out and a large pot is placed down, he carefully lifts the lid and pours two servings. The alcohol is thick in the air and I can already feel intoxication threatening but gesture for Rachael to join him. She hesitantly lifts it up and he does the same giving a slight raise and leaves it there until Rachael copies and moves it to her lips. She sips it recoils but follows suit drinking it till it is gone. The man does a strong laugh as he finishes and Rachael breaks out into another coughing fit but seems to still be sitting if not wavering already.

"Impressive, always good to find someone I can enjoy a drink with," He pours himself another finishing it rapidly.

"Ishs gooodss sststufs," Rachael manages and I catch her head before it hits the table and she sits up again giggling, I give her a slight push into the seat to keep her steady.

"Ha! I like you little one," he proclaims loudly and packs the cups and pot back into the sack, "Here a gift to your good health," Dumping the sack in front of her he gets up to leave. "Until next time witch and apprentice," I track him magically until he gets out of view of people and vanished back to his own realm. Another one sent back and then I look at Rachael.

 

Drunk Rachael seems pretty giddy as she starts giggles almost manically every few seconds. I finish my drink and then melt the ice before shoving it in front of Rachael.

"You look thirsty," I lace the words slightly with magic and she drinks the now water in the glass. She is going to have a killer hangover so best to help reduce it a little. I glance over at the bar, seems it is busy and when no one is looking over I teleport us both to my living room and put her down on the couch. A flick of my wrist and the curtains close and the lights come on dimly. Another with a slight twist and a pitcher of water and two glasses come from the kitchen area across the room and onto the coffee table. It is going to be a long night...

 

I am sitting watching Rachael from my armchair as she groans awake and grabs her head.

"Ow, my head," is all she manages seeming a bit worse for wear, confusion sets in as she notices where she is and that I am watching her, her pleading face questioning me.

"You drank with an Oni,"

"I remember the smell of alcohol and then it is all blank,"

"You giggled a lot, is that what you are like at parties?" She groans to that.

"Why did you make me do that?"

"You wanted action and I don't drink, do I need to assist you in recalling what happened?" She hesitates but finally gives a nod. I walk over to her hold my hands out palms up waiting for her to take them then after a moment she does so, I breathe in deeply. We both know how this works and we both snap into the vision from her eyes, the arrival, the sitting down with the man that is really an oni and up to us leaving. There is a lot of me tending to her and making sure she drinks plenty with a bit of magic laced here and there to encourage it but whenever we do this I realise just how little she can notice the magic when it is subtle. Everything is from her perspective and feelings so I notice just how much of a freak I am with magic. Finally to the part I know is going to sting her...

 

It is a few hours in when her mind is more stable that she hugs onto me however she is still giddy and very drunk.

"Alex, why do you never come with me to parties, I want to show you off, proclaim my love for you and let everyone else know how I feel, to sing from the heavens, the hells and every other plain that exists of how much I love you," A bitter smile crosses my face in the memory and I give her a kiss on the forehead.

"Maybe one day," is my reply, she can feel the lie, no magic I don't use any because she already knows the truth and I only use it on her for her own good. Skip ahead a bit more caring and finally sleep.

 

Her arms go up my naked form as we kiss strongly, her fingers find my most exposed place and ...

 

Nope none of that ending the spell, I am not seeing her ravage me in her dreams and I snap back to my own vision and she is just in shock in a mix of emotions.

"If you want to keep going do it yourself,"

"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!" Is all she manages.

"What you do in your dreams is your business,"

 

I already knew her feelings but this is the first time it ever came out, she knows I am too focused on my goals and see her more as an apprentice and friend and even my sexuality seems to be nothing but I must confess the thought of being with her is ... pleasant.

 

"Anyway the oni left you his alcohol," I say changing the subject and lifting the sack onto the table, "very valuable to the right person but if you are going to drink it no more than a quarter of a shot glass,"

"You don't want to take it?"

"You did the job so you earnt it, now how about some breakfast?"

6