Old Version – Chapter 7 – Her Ceremony Will Not Be Interrupted
947 0 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"The Emperor's harem is practically salivating."  Nicci said angrily.  "So far, I've killed ten guards who decided that Lena was not the Empress anymore, and long before the Emperor made the announcement!"  She spoke to Kyrie in her throne room.  She witnessed her goddess grip the arm of her throne a bit more firmly.  She heard the sounds of stone crack and turn to shards.

"This is a bit irritating."  She said through grit teeth.  "Find a church that will work.  I have a feeling that incompetent fool will completely disregard her safety from now on.  Get it properly fitted for our needs, and her needs after her Offering."  Nicci lowered her eyes and bowed her head.

"As you command, my goddess."  She said in a low tone.

"I am not finished yet, Nicci."  Kyrie grinned.  "They wish to have what belongs to my Empress?  They can not have it."

 

 

"Empress Lena."  A female guard knelt down in front of the Empress.

"Kata.  What is going on?  Why have my meals stopped?"  She asked, and had a suspicion.  Rachel was about to appear at that moment, from out of the stone, but waited.  Nicci and Hanna were inside the walls on either side of the door, so Lena was in no danger.

"The Emperor has let a rumor circulate, Empress Lena."  Kata said, her teeth ground against each other.

"What rumor?"

"That when you finish your sacrifice, you'll be replaced.  He is already in talks with some wealthy noble families about marriage with another virgin daughter."  She said, her eyes still on the stone floor.

"That man fucks other women like he is a dog in heat!  He can not even wait for me to give up my pride before he throws me aside!"  She growled, then sighed sadly.  "It does not matter.  The goddess has given me her word.  I must go through with the ritual.  Even if I become a commoner again, I will still honor my words with the goddess."  She sighed again.

"What I regret is leaving behind my dowry, and my bed.  That was given to me by someone important.  Someone who was able to force the Emperor to make sure it is still mine.  If I am forced to leave, the guards will make sure that I can not take it."  Lena looked quite upset, as that bed felt comfortable, and it proved to her that someone considered her first.  Rachel smiled.

"Empress."  Lena lifted her eyes and looked into Rachel's.  Kata got to her feet and drew her sword.

"Kata!  Look into her eyes before you attack!  Do you not see?"  Kata stared into Rachel's eyes and shivered.  Deep brown eyes, with no pupil, and no iris, which was a physical trait of the Others.

"Excellent, Empress.  The goddess was not wrong when she mentioned to me about how intelligent you were."  Rachel smiled brightly.  "The church for your sacrifice has already been found.  The Others are cleansing it right now.  They also put the necessary supplies in place to heal you afterward."  Lena nodded.

"I understand.  How do I leave, with my head still attached now that the harem has seen fit to move against me?"  Rachel grinned.

"Outside, in the main courtyard, there will be a dozen Others who will take you to the carriage the goddess has prepared.  It's quite the sight, Empress."  Rachel pursed her lips.  "I wonder how many fools exist in the palace?"

"Far too many to count.  What is your name?  It feels wrong to not address a person of the goddess without her name."  Lena frowned slightly.  She stood up, but found that her legs felt weak.  "Damn, I have not eaten since yesterday."  Rachel growled softly.

"Do not worry.  There is a proper amount of food on the carriage."  She looked at Kata.  "Do you serve the Emperor, or the Empress?"

"I was Empress Lena's guard from the beginning.  I serve the Empress.  Not a fool who would go against a goddess."  Kata said with a firmness to her tone that she didn't feel.  Rachel grinned.

"Then you shall come with her.  She will need some assistance."  She looked at Lena.  "As to my name, I am Rachel.  A Deacon, entrusted with the well being of thousands of my kind in Haven.  The goddess has entrusted you to my care."  She tapped the wall.  "Nicci.  Hanna.  Come out."

"Holy..."  Kata said in a whisper.

"The Empress has been under our care for years.  We will get her safely to the courtyard, and safely to the church.  Her ceremony will not be interrupted."

 

 

"Wow."  Kata said, now completely in awe.

The courtyard was now littered with the debris of hundreds of destroyed arrows that were stopped before they reached the Empress.

When a platoon of soldiers blocked their way to the carriage, Hanna and Nicci ripped them to pieces.  Claws shredded armor, while they moved so quickly, nothing touched their skin.

And, of course, there was a fool who decided to speak instead of fight.

"You dare to move against the Emperor?!"  A second platoon entered the courtyard.  Lena smiled.

"I am still the Empress, and have not been removed from my position yet.  You are the one who moves against the Empire.  Which makes every soldier who comes against me a traitor.  Whether or not the servants of the goddess rip you to pieces is irrelevant.  You will still die."

 

 

 

Lena sat in one of the most comfortable carriages she's ever been in, and quietly ate some fresh fruit that she had never before tasted.  The carriage moved along the roads, and glided as though cushioned by air.  Potholes didn't disturb her ride, or her mood.

"Empress!"  Kata was beyond excited.  "Those are Flaming Nightmares!"  She couldn't believe what type of steed pulled the carriage.  "No one has the ability to tame them, yet your carriage is pulled by six!"  Lena smiled a little bit.

"This is indeed an impressive carriage.  The Emperor and the harem will be envious."  She looked at Rachel.  "Does anyone follow us?"  Rachel chuckled.

"The pursuers have all been put down after we were out of sight of the castle.  They will not be aware of which church you are taken to."  Rachel said with a small grin.

"Rachel?  Will the goddess retrieve the Empress's dowry?  She is a bit upset that it's within his treasury and will now go to enrich that pit of vipers."  Kata's only thoughts were about the Empress, at least they were when she calmed down.

"That is up to the goddess, and she has not told me every detail of what she will do.  For now, the Empress will be safe, and be able to perform the ritual she promised to endure.  That is all I am able to say."

"That is enough.  If the goddess willed it, I would already be on an altar, and eaten piece by piece.  I shall see what my goddess wants from me when it comes time for her to tell me."  Lena said firmly, and ate the expensive imported food that was provided for her.  She might have blanched a bit if she could hear Rachel's thoughts.

Ah, my dear Empress!  You are not a snack.  Those lovely curves of yours will at least make you a full course meal for my goddess!

 

31