First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 5. The Late King’s Prophecy
1.3k 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 5. The Late King’s Prophecy

The knocking sounds accompanied by the sound of the door opening interrupted their conversation. They turned their attention to the door as a middle-aged man with black-grey hair entered the room. The man paused a moment when he realized his arrival was not at the right time.

"Ah... Am I disturbing your conversation?" he said awkwardly.

"Of course not, come in. We've been waiting for you," said Chay as he gestured to join them. Then Chay turned his gaze to Angel.

"Sir Zel, this is Mayor Bernard Farcrest, a good friend of mine."

Mayor Bernard approached and bowed to greet them.

"Good Afternoon, Sir Zel. Welcome to Pearl Gate City."

He raised from his seat and bowed to reply to Mayor Bernard's greeting.

"Thank you for welcoming me, mayor."

"Bernard, Sir Zel wants to know about what happened to Prince Lucian ten years ago. Can you take him for a walk to the Lucian Garden? Maybe he can get some clue from there," requested Chay.

"Lucian Garden?" he asked.

"Yes. After Prince Lucian died, the late king built a garden for him on the place where he died and named it, the Lucian Garden. It's located not far from the city," said Chay.

He bowed slightly to show his gratitude to Chay.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it."

"Oh, how about taking Cley and Claire with you? They look bored lately, but I can't take them to play outside," added Chay.

"Are you not coming with us?" he asked again.

"I can't. Forgive me about that," said Chay as a slightly sad smile appeared on his lips.

Mayor Bernard startled as he saw Chay's sad smile. He swept his gaze around the room and finally fixed his gaze to a letter on a desk not far from there. That letter had the king's crown crest of Euphorion stamp on it which meant it was an official letter from the castle. Mayor Bernard looked at Chay worriedly. 

"Chay... Come with us."

Chay shook his head.

"Bernard, please accompany Sir Zel well."

Mayor Bernard stared at Chay for a while before he nodded reluctantly. 

Chay turned his gaze to Angel and gave him a faint smile.

"Sir Zel... Please take care of my kids. I entrust them to you."

He puzzled for a while since he felt they covered something from him. But this was his first time meeting them, so he didn't know them too well. So all he could do was agree to Chay's request.

"I will take care of them."

"You must go before the sun is set," continued Chay.

"We'll take our leave," said Mayor Bernard, his eyes still stared at Chay worriedly.

Angel and Mayor Bernard gave a slight bow to excuse themselves and walked toward the exit. As Angel closed the door, he glanced at Chay who was still standing looking at him and caught a sad expression on his face. But he swallowed his curiosity and decided to ask after he returned from the garden. 

Chay looked at the door as Angel left the room. His mind began to drift away as he remembered the late king's last words after he used his last magic power to foresee the future of his kingdom. 

"Your Majesty, are you sure about that? Are you sure you will change the rules for taking the throne and imprisoning the four elemental spirits?" said Chay worriedly.

The king smiled faintly at him. His breath was getting weaker.

"Yes, there's no other way. My time is drawing near..."

"But... What if the new king is not suitable to rule Euphorion?"

"Chay... Listen... This is my last prophecy... Euphorion will be covered in darkness for eight years but the destined king will come. He is a prince who is banished from his own kingdom, dark forces will envelop him, people will consider him as a bad person, his reputation will be tarnished but his heart is pure. He would carry a heavy burden that had never been carried by any king before. He will save Euphorion from destruction and become the Andromeda Continent's protector."

"Where I can find him?"

"He will appear in the place where Lucian died and come to you to ask about him. Because he shared the same fate as him."

"How do I know it was him?"

"He has the same sharp eyes as my son, and also inherited his will to protect this kingdom, his people. You will recognize him at the first glance."

Chay smiled sadly.

"It's been eight years... Euphorion has been waiting for you for eight years... And you come just like the late king's prophecy... But it's a pity... I can't accompany you or see how Euphorion is under your reign. Because of my time... Is come," he whispered. 

Another knocking sound accompanied by the sound of the door opening came. Chay startled when he saw Avira entered the room.

"Avira, why are you still here?"

Avira walked to him and she looked at him gently.

"They will come, right? That's why you send them to the Lucian Garden. "

Chay let out a sigh.

"You already knew..."

"We already married for fifteen years, you can't hide anything from me. Is the letter that just arrived this morning is your last warning to surrender from the castle? "

Chay clenched his hands, his eyes filled with determination.

"Yes... The king wants to destroy this city and build a fortress before he wages a war on another kingdom as well as destroy the garden. This city was built by Prince Lucian himself... I won't let him... I would never let him destroy this city..." Then he turned his gaze to Avira and took her hand gently.

"Avira, you should go with them and take care of our children. "

She shook her head.

"How could I ever leave you at a time like this? We are husband and wife, moreover, they also know about me. I doubt they will let me go."

Chay looked down with a sad expression and regret.

"I never intended to involve you in the first place." He knew how cruel King Xenos was. The king would not let anyone escape including his family. That's why he asked Angel and Major Bernard to take Cley and Claire away from here. To be honest, he also wanted Avira to go with them. But what she said was right. The king knew about her, he would surely send his troops to hunt her down. That way... The king would probably find out about Cley, Claire and Angel.

Avira held Chay's face with both of her hands and lifted it.

"It's fine... As long Cley and Claire are safe... Everything is fine by me."

Chay looked at the woman he had been married for fifteen years and rubbed her face gently.

"Forgive me, I've only brought trouble to you all this time."

Avira hugged him slowly. Her tears started flowing down her cheeks.

"Chay... I will accompany you... no matter what happens... I will stay by your side. "

26