First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 14. A Royal Lunch
1k 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 14. A Royal Lunch

The bell on the tower in the middle of Luminus City rang, indicating the time was noon. At the same time, a luxurious carriage carrying Lady Belle arrived at the White Moon Castle courtyard and stopped in front of the entrance. She got off the carriage assisted by the servants. A man in black official uniform bowed to her to welcome her. 

"Welcome to White Moon Castle, Lady Belle. Please follow me, the king is waiting for you at the dining hall," he said as he gestured to her to follow him.

She stepped into the castle reluctantly and sighed quietly as her feet continued to walk down the luxurious white corridor, following the man to the dining hall's door. Two guards opened the door for her and the man bowed as he invited her to enter.

"Please come in, Lady Belle."

She nodded slightly and stepped into the room. The door behind her closed, inside, King Xenos was sitting in front of the dining table, waiting for her. Instantly, they locked their eyes at each other. King Xenos stood up from his seat and greeted her with a smile.

"Belle, I've been waiting for you," he said.

Belle averted her gaze and bowed to greet him.

"Thank you for inviting me, Your Majesty."

King Xenos laughed at her words. He approached her, took her hand gently and kissed the back of her hand.

"I told you, don't call me, Your Majesty. Just call my name," he said with a smile. 

She replied to him with a formal smile.

"I'm not used for calling your name, Your Majesty."

He laughed again.

"You must familiarize yourself. Aren't you my future wife?" he said as he took her to her seat.

A servant swiftly pulled a chair for her, she sat on her chair followed by King Xenos who sat on the chair next to her.

He waved a small bell before him. Then some servants brought a small cart filled with good looking dishes. Soon well-made food dishes began to be placed before them one by one. There was baked sunflower bread with golden sour and cream soup, along with roasted harmony ox and baked star triggerfish with herbs. There were full vegetables, fresh salads and a variety of fruits. Some servants poured drinking water into their glasses before retreating to their positions.

King Xenos turned his gaze towards her and looked at her gently.

"I heard you like baked star triggerfish, I have made the royal chef to prepare your favourite food today."

"Thank you, Your Majesty," she said. But her hands didn't reach out to grab any of the food.

Realizing she had not moved to take anything from the dining table, King Xenos took the initiative to take a piece of baked star triggerfish and fed her. She gasped in surprise.

"Don't be surprised. Just eat it," he said.

Unable to refuse his request, she ate the food that he gave her. King Xenos' eyes remained on her as she slowly bit her food to observe her expression.

"Did you like it?"

She nodded slowly and gave him a faint smile.

"Then accompany me to eat. Don't be too tense like that," he added.

She nodded again, took some food and put it on her plate. Then she began to eat in slow bites, without saying another word for the whole lunch.

After he finished his meal, he put his glass down, indicating for the servants to get the empty plates and utensils away. It didn't take long for them to tidy up the place and soon only the two of them remained there.

"How's the food?" he said, breaking the silence between them.

"It's delicious," she answered formally.

He locked his gaze at her with a smile on his lips, but she remained silent without daring to return his gaze. Finally, he stood up from his seat and extended his hand to help her up. As she took his hand and stood up from her seat, suddenly he pulled her in his arms as his eyes stared at her deeply.

"You know your shyness makes me want to have you even more."

She could only look down, avoiding his gaze. Her heart pounded, fear began to seize her heart. She wished that he would finally leave her alone, better yet, allow her to be dismissed already. But alas, King Xenos shackled her. He placed his hands on her back and waist, pressing his fingers on her body.

He pushed her and pinned her on the dining table. Belle almost screamed, but his hand covered her mouth. He caressed her hair with his other hand, grabbed a handful of it and smelled its scent like perfume. Moving from her hair, he went down, touched her neck and caressed it.

"Belle, I can't wait for you for five more years..." He whispered in a sweet, friendly voice before releasing his hand that covered her mouth and overlapping her lips with his.

She wanted to resist, but she could not for her lips were instantly devoured. King Xenos' tongue intruded her mouth and captured her tongue, sucking it violently that she’d almost forgotten to breathe. She struggled and tried to release herself but his strength was much stronger than her.

"Your--umph... Majes--"

His hands moved around her body and tried to take off her dress. Belle's tears began to drip from her eyes as she struggled harder but in vain... 

Suddenly a large explosion came from the castle courtyard.

-BOOM!

King Xenos quickly took his hands off her and turned his head to the direction of explosion sound with a displeased expression. She quickly stood up and fixed her dress. Soon, the four elemental spirits and guards entered the room in a rush.

"Check that sound!" he ordered.

As that order left his mouth, the explosion sound came again followed by other explosion sounds from different directions as if they were surrounded by the enemy.

-BOOM! - BOOM! - BOOM!

The explosion sound kept coming from all directions. Belle dropped herself to the floor and covered her ears in fear. The elemental spirits and guards immediately pulled out their weapons and prepared to attack. While King Xenos looked furious.

"How dare they!" he shouted.

"Give my orders to General Guillotine to clean up this mess!" he ordered again.

Again, when he just gave his order, suddenly some explosions occurred in the room.

-BOOM! -BOOM! - BOOM!

In an instant, dust and smoke filled the room, their vision became unclear. Belle coughed as her hands trying to shake off the smoke in front of her. Groans of pain could be heard around her. She sat in fear, her hands groping in all directions, trying to find someone who could help her. Suddenly someone pulled her, she almost screamed but again her mouth was covered by a hand.

"It's me," the man whispered.

She turned to see the person who was pulling her.

"Sir Zel... Did you come to save me?" she said with teary eyes.

He answered her question by hitting the back of her neck. In an instant, she lost her consciousness.

"Yes and no," he said as he caught her fallen body.

21