First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 26. Five Years Later…
1.1k 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 26. Five Years Later...

Time passed so quickly. The reddish evening sun broke through the White Moon Castle's study room window, illuminating the room which was dominated by white with golden ornaments. Some bookshelves arranged neatly around that big room, a desk with several stacks of documents on one side of the room with a huge luxury carpet covered the floor.

Angel sat in a chair in front of his desk. His eyes focused on a report sheet on his hand. It had been almost five years since he began to rule Euphorion. Change after change that he made, saving the kingdom that was on the brink of destruction and turned it into a powerful kingdom. His revised military ethics had succeeded in improving relations between the military and civilians. His decision to reopen the trade route and fix it had succeeded in advancing Euphorion's economy. In addition, he also succeeded in managing some potential local goods and turning them into good quality export goods such as tea, silk, perfume and wine.

Now, apart from the Pearl Gate City that had become the largest trading city on Andromeda Continent, he also had developed other trading cities, like Emerald Gate City, Sapphire Gate City and Garnet Gate City. In less than five years, he transformed Euphorion into the most prosperous kingdom on the Andromeda Continent.

Despite his dark power, he was adored and feared by everyone at the same time. All the nobles and ministers submitted to him as well as the military and the civilians, not because of fear but because of his ability as a ruler, even though they also didn't put aside his fighting ability as a king was also very frightening. Now, even though Euphorion's people knew his name since he used his hunter name 'Zel' when he took over Euphorion, he was better known as King Zel than King Angelus. They preferred to call him by that name to remind them that he was the first king of Euphorion that came from the commoners. As for his past, they started to doubt that he was the second prince of Asteria since he refused to attack Asteria five years ago. After all, the Reinheart family couldn't have magic power. Moreover, it was dark magic power since the Reinheart was the Holy Knight family.

He put down the document containing the progress report of troops which he had formed two years ago. These troops could attack undetected, moved fast and killed silently. He prepared them to clean up the rebellion quietly since the rebel usually took the civilians as their hostages.
'What shall I name them? Which military leaders can be trusted to lead them? I can't possibly assign it to one of the four elemental spirits again,' he thought.

Currently, the four elemental spirits had been appointed as his generals and each of them had led an army in accordance with their personality.
Gale had a childish personality but he was an easy-going person. Therefore Angel entrusted him to lead the Peace Bringer Army to maintain Euphorion's security, especially their trade routes from bandits and monsters, and also maintain the relationship between the military and the civilians.
Gaia had a serious personality, so Angel entrusted him to lead the Guardian Army to secure the border.
Flare had a bold personality, therefore Angel entrusted her to lead the Black Wings Army for royal troops.
And Frost was an observer so Angel entrusted him to lead the Dark Agents to spy on other kingdoms as well as Euphorion's internal affairs.

The previous Kings of Euphorion were magic users, so they needed melee fighters to protect them while they cast magic spells. But since he could fight both within close and range combat, he thought that keeping them by his side was futile. Therefore he decided to appoint them as his generals to help him protect Euphorion.

Shortly, Claire put a cup of tea and some delicate honey coated cookies on the small table beside his desk.
"Your Majesty, your tea is ready."

"Thank you," he said as he took the cup and sipped it.

Currently, Claire and Cley were seventeen years old. After Angel stabilized his position as a king for six months, he picked them up and took them to the castle. They got homeschooled for four years before they finally decided to work as his assistants like their father used to.

He put back his cup and tried to take another report, but before he took it, the knocking sounds accompanied by the sound of the door being opened came. Cley entered the room and bowed to him.
"Your Majesty, Chancellor Allan wants to see you."

"Let him in," he answered.

Cley opened the door and invited Chancellor Allan to enter the room.

Chancellor Allan approached him and bowed.
"Your Majesty, I've brought you the list," he said as he handed over several documents to him.

"Thank you." He took the document and examined it. A few days ago, he asked Chancellor Allan to make the list of military leaders and their achievements. He planned to select some of them to be tested before being appointed as the leader of his new army.

His forehead began to frown when he began to read the list. Only for a while, he returned his eyes to Chancellor Allan in confusion.
"What is this?"

"It's the list of Queen candidates," answered Chancellor Allan in a casual tone.

He put down the list on the desk, leaned his back to the chair and folded his arms in front of him.
"Didn't I ask you for the list of military leaders?"

"I know, but choosing a Queen is also important," said Chancellor Allan with a serious expression.

"Didn't you just make me meet with---" He paused for a moment, trying to remember the woman's name he had met yesterday.
'Lady Amelinne? Lady Hellen? No, that was last week.' He finally gave up.
"What's her name again?"

"Lady Merilda."

"Yes, her. That's already the fourth meeting of this week."

"That's only the fourth meeting of this week," said Chancellor Allan with an emphasized tone.

He sighed tiredly. His days had been like this since he entered the age of twenty-one, the minimum age to get married according to the law. Chancellor Allan would bring a young noblewoman from a well-known family and get them to meet. Now, the Chancellor seemed to be giving him a list of all Euphorion noblewoman's names.

He re-read the list and began to frown again as he didn't recognize more than half of the names on it.
'Lady Mylle, Lady Alyson, Lady Bethia. Who are they?' He put the list back on the desk and turned his gaze back to Chancellor Allan.
"Isn't it time to stop, Chancellor Allan? "

"I will stop once you have chosen a queen," Chancellor Allan answered nonchalantly.

"If you're worried because no one is helping me manage the kingdom, I already have Claire and Cley as my assistants. We don't need to rush it."

"No, I'm more worried about your successor."

"Isn't the rule for taking the Euphorion's throne not based on bloodlines?"

"Yes, but we also don't want our children or grandchildren to have a King like the late King Xenos. You have great magic power, at least your child will have the same power as you. As for his education, we can teach him how to become a good king." Again, Chancellor Allan said it with an emphasized tone. Looks like he was really concerned about it.

He frowned once again and unconsciously let out another sigh.
"So you urge me to choose a queen because you want me to have children right away? Do you think I am a kind of rare animal that should be preserved? "

Cley instantly burst into laughter upon Angel's words. He quickly covered his mouth with his hand to hold it, but he still couldn't stop his laughter. Claire, who stood beside him, poked him with her elbow to remind him of his manner.

Angel and Chancellor Allan turned their eyes to Cley.
"Cley, is there something funny?" he said with a straight face.

Cley bit his lips to stop his laughter and shook his head. But after Angel and Chancellor Allan turned their gaze to each other. Cley released his hand and muttered to himself.
"Your Majesty, you're more like a rare monster than a rare animal."

Claire threw another hit to Cley with her elbow, as a sign to keep his mouth shut, while Angel pretended didn't hear him.

"Yes. You must have your successor as soon as possible," continued Chancellor Allan.

Cley burst into laughter once again as his hand covered his mouth desperately to hold it.
'He wasn't denied it, he really thinks His Majesty is a rare animal,' thought Cley.

Claire turned away from Cley in embarrassment, pretending not to have a brother like him. While Angel and Chancellor Allan turned their gaze back to Cley in annoyance.

Note : The MC new pic is in Glossary

24