First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 30. I Know Everything!
998 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 30. I Know Everything!

Ilex knocked on Ophelia's room door several times.
"Ophelia, may I come in?"

No answer...

He knocked again.
"Ophelia, may I come in?"

She still didn't answer ...
'Is she sleeping?' thought Ilex.

He turned to the guards and knights who were guarding her at the door.
"Has Princess Ophelia left her room today?"

They shook their heads.
"She even didn't open the door for the maids who delivered her breakfast this morning."

"So she hasn't eaten since morning?" he asked.

"Not yet, Your Highness."

He glanced at the window behind him, the sun was already shining dimly, indicating the day was late and he turned his gaze to a guard
"Ask the maids to bring her food."

"Yes, Your Highness." Then the guard went to carry out his orders.

Ilex sighed, he remembered that he and Ophelia used to have breakfast together every morning, but now she always chose to have her breakfast in her room. Sometimes she didn't eat all day. Her condition made him worried.
'Ophelia, I killed that illegitimate child to protect you, protect our family, protect Asteria... Why are you blaming me and father for this?'

Soon some maids came with small carts of food. They bowed.
"Your-"

Ilex quickly raised his hand, ordering them to be quiet. He averted his gaze to Ophelia's door in front of him.
"Ophelia, I got the news that Angel is still alive."

Suddenly the footsteps sounds came from inside the room and the door opened.
"Really? Where is he now?" she said eagerly. Ophelia's face looked pale and her hair looked messy.

"We'll speak after you eat," said Ilex in a firm tone.

"Answer me," she insisted.

"If you don't want to eat, I won't say anything either."

Ophelia was silent for a moment but finally, she agreed.
"Fine."

Ilex entered the room followed by the maids. They sat at the small dining table in the middle of the room and the maids swiftly put some food on the table. There was silver chicken porridge with sliced ​​coriander bread and scrambled flame crane eggs, also some fresh fruits. All of them are the best foods to restore health. Ophelia only stared at the food without touching any of it.
"Eat it," said Ilex.

"Tell me, is it true that Angel is still alive?" she asked again.

"I'll tell you after you eat," he said in a convincing tone.

"Brother, are you lying to me?"

"It's fine if you don't want to. This has no effect on me, but I won't tell you the news either," said Ilex with a confident smirk.

Ophelia took the spoon and ate the porridge. Ilex's smile began to develop when he saw his sister start eating.

She took the last spoonful of her food into her mouth, emptying all the plates in front of her and took a glass of water. The maids quickly cleared the empty plates and utensils. It didn't take long for them to tidy up the place and soon only the two of them remained.
"Tell me is it true that Angel is still alive?" she asked once again.

"If he is still alive, it means he has turned into an undead, so he must be prowling around eating people right now. If that really happens, I must cut his head to kill him properly," he answered.

Ophelia stood up from her seat with a displeased expression.
"So... you lied to me?"

Ilex looked away and gave a short sigh before returning his gaze to her.
"Stop thinking about him. He's a traitor, he wants to destroy the Reinheart Family and Asteria."

She looked at him with a disappointed look.
"Brother, do you think I don't know anything? You always say he's a rebel, a traitor... Now, tell me how can someone who is seriously injured trying to kill father?"

He was surprised, didn't think she knew about this.
"How did you find out?"

Ophelia's eyes began to glaze over with tears when she remembered what happened that day.
"Of course I know... I realized there were bloodstains on his uniform after he returned from the study room. I followed him to his room and found he had collapsed with a uniform full of blood. When the doctor examined him I was also there, I saw all the wounds on his back, with such a severe wound like that... he was difficult to move, how could he try to kill father? "

Seeing the tears in his sister's eyes, Ilex began to feel annoyed. How could she defend that man compared to her own family?
"Forget about it! Sooner or later he would rebel, it would be better if we got rid of him as fast as possible. He already pretended to be our cousin for a long time."

"You got rid of him just because you doubted his identity? Even though he was not Angelus Raizel, our cousin, he had done so much for Asteria. Couldn't you spare his life?" she insisted.

- Bang!

Ilex stood up and hit the table hard with his palm and Ophelia flinched on instinct.

"No! He was too dangerous! You already saw how the nobles supported him. We didn't know the consequences if Asteria falls to the wrong person like him. He was not the Reinheart family! He was not your cousin!"

"Brother!"

"Enough!" he all but yelled at her before calming himself down.
"Ophelia, father had been patient enough to him. He had strange power in him, while the real Angelus Raizel didn't have it. All this time he lived under the name of our cousin, Angelus Raizel Reinheart. That illegitimate child had been the second prince of Asteria for years. Whereas we didn't know where the real Angelus Raizel was. " He paused before he spoke again.
"We don't even know if he's still alive or not ..." he said with a lot of calm tones, a slight of sadness seeping in his tone.

Ophelia remained silent...

Ilex looked at her sadly.
"I know that you love him not as your cousin but as a man. But I can't allow it... I can't possibly give my beloved sister to him..."

She still remained silent...

Seeing Ophelia's reaction, he sighed tiredly and averted their conversation to cheer her up.
"I have good news for you. Have you heard about the new king of Euphorion? Father plans to invite him to Asteria. I heard he is talented and a good ruler. Are you not curious to see him?"

"Are you planning to set me up with him?" she asked, straight to the point.

He paused for a moment.
"We'll see about that later ..."

'In the end... Both of you only consider me as a political tool...' she thought.
She forced herself to smile even though her heart was in pain.
"I can't wait for it."

Ilex smiled in response.
"Then I'll take my leave." He turned and walked toward the exit. But before he touched the door handle, he turned to her.
"Ophelia... Love yourself... You deserve the best man on the Andromeda Continent."

"Thank you, brother," she replied.

Ilex opened the door and walked out of the room.

23