First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 32. Asteria’s Delegation
1k 0 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 32. Asteria’s Delegation

The sun shone brightly in the Pearl Gate City's sky, Duke Owen's carriage moved again after passing the check in front of the city gate.

Duke Owen Emery Christofur, one of Asteria's respected nobles and one of the greatest influences in the court. He was assigned by King Gervis to deliver an invitation to King Zel of Euphorion in person. He should have headed straight for Luminus City, but since this was his first visit to Euphorion he took the initiative to visit Pearl Gate City to see that largest trading city on Andromeda Continent.

He saw the surroundings from inside his carriage. Buildings and shops that were nicely built were neatly lined up. The city situations were very lively with so many foreign merchants and traders.
'This is truly extraordinary. I have never seen such a bright and beautiful city like this. His Majesty, King Zel is truly a talented and intelligent person. I hope he will accept Asteria's invitation and establish cooperation with us.'

Then, his carriage passed a market that caught his attention. In that market, there were so many booths lined up neatly and full of people passing by. Although he often became a delegate and went to other kingdoms, he had never met such a market anywhere. He wanted to check it but the market was very crowded, it would be difficult for him to get in there with his carriage. Finally, he decided to check on foot.
"Stop the carriage!"

The coachman stopped the carriage as well as the cavalry who followed him. He got off the carriage and the guards immediately approached him.
"Is there anything you need, Your Grace?"

"I'll check on that market for a while," said Duke Owen, pointing at the nearby market. He swept his gaze to the guards and pointed at two strong looking guards.
"You and you, follow me, The others are waiting for me here."

He walked towards the market followed by two of his guards. Seeing his luxury clothes, the traders quickly stormed at him once he entered the market and offered their goods.
"Sir, are you interested in Blood-Eyed Rabbit skin? You can make a nice coat with it."

"Sir, this is an energy drink from Zephyrus, I guarantee, this drink can make you run for many miles without feeling tired."

"Sir, this is a rare sacred bracelet from Harmonia. It will bring good luck for all your life."

He just shook his head and kept walking past them.

After a short stroll, when he wanted to go back to his carriage, someone came from his opposite direction not far from him and shouted.
"The king has arrived! The king has arrived!"

Suddenly, the people around him ran in that person's direction in excitement and they became more and more by every second. Duke Owen was swept away by the people and separated from his guards to the other side of the market. He could only escape after the crowd spread around to occupy the empty side of the street.
'I've never seen so many people who are excited just to see their king.'

He knew he should go back to the carriage or regroup with his guards. But his curiosity made him wait for the king's carriage to pass.

28