First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 57. The Northern Outpost
991 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 57. The Northern Outpost

The dark aura that covered Angel and the four elemental spirits disappeared. Now, they were at the Northern border outpost. Several corpses were scattered in front of him and the magic users made a Magic Barrier block enemy's arrows. The archers were lined up on the gate wall, preparing to retaliate their attacks, while the swordsmen were ready to greet the enemies in front of the gate.
"Get in position!" he ordered the four elemental spirits. His voice alarmed the troops and raised their morale instantly. They did not expect the four generals and the king was coming to take care of this attack.

The four elemental spirits quickly took out their weapons and joined the troops. Flare and Gale stood on top of the outpost wall, while Frost and Gaia prepared to hold their attack in front of the gate. Angel approached one of the dead bodies nearby and knelt on one leg and examined it.
'They all died with only one scratch and mouth full of foam. Where have I seen poison like this before? ' A nostalgic feeling started to grow in his mind but he couldn't remember it.

When he tried to remember it, suddenly the Magic Barrier protecting the outpost began to break. An arrow flew towards him.

"Your Majesty!" shouted one of the troops.

He caught the arrow in the mid-air without turning his head and examined its tip.
'Poisoned arrow... But there are no attack reports from the Western border. Looks like Zephyrus doesn't want to get their hands dirty.'

He threw the arrow to the ground and walked towards the wall above the gate.
'I'll take care of Asteria first, before dealing with Zephyrus.'

He stood at the top of the gate and saw the white-uniformed Asteria troops that already lined up in front of him. While the archers kept firing their arrows at them. With the poisoned arrows that kept coming, they had no choice but to protect themselves with the Magic Barrier. It was only a matter of time when the magic users ran out of their magic power, the enemy forces would easily break through. His hands started to give off a dark aura as he was just about to attack them, but what Chancellor Allan had said last night flashed into his head.
'But we also have to think about the people who are still alive.' In that instant, his inner prince of Asteria stopped him from killing them. He knew as the King of Euphorion, he should order his troops to attack, but as soon as he saw the Asterian army before him, saw the people from his homeland...  He realized the Asterian army that was standing before him was his people too. Although he had buried his past, the blood that flowed in his veins was the blood of the Reinheart family, the kingdom of Asteria's protector. Why did he have to kill his own people?

General Helias suddenly raised his hand, ordering his troops to stop their attack when he saw the king who was standing on the outpost wall.

Angel looked at General Asteria who was on his horse and recognized him since he had been interested in the way he led the troops to withstand the Nether Buffalo's attack at Springwell City five years ago.
"Lieutenant Helias, no, General Helias, we haven't seen each other in a long time. Congratulations on your promotion," he said in a calm tone.

'It's really him, the second prince of Asteria, Prince Angelus...' Since their meeting at Springwell City General Helias admired Angel, even when the castle said Angel betrayed Asteria. He didn't believe it. Now ... He had seen it with his own eyes that Angel betrayed Asteria just for the sake of revenge.
"I didn't expect the King of Euphorion himself to come to welcome us," shouted General Helias.

"We haven't seen each other for a long time, how about we stop this war and talk nicely?" he said casually. He hated this way but he had to try it for the sake of peace.

His words shocked the Euphorion army and even decreased his army's morale because if the king had submitted a negotiation it meant that there was a high possibility of defeat.

'He proposed a negotiation? Is he aware of his defeat?' thought General Helias. He paused for a moment as he recalled how brave an Angelus Raizel faced a Nether Buffalo alone five years ago, a scene that would never be forgotten in his life. He couldn't believe that the enemy king who just submitted a negotiation to him used to be a prince of Asteria who dared to risk his life to protect his people, but now... he was only a king who had been scared before the battle!

General Helias looked at Angel with a disappointed look.
'Your Highness, it seems you have changed... Did you become a coward now? It seems that Prince Angelus was dead five years ago. The one who stands there is a coward king!'
"Forgive me, Your Majesty. I'm just a general. I'm here just to carry out the king's orders!" replied General Helias as he raised his two fingers, ordering the archers to get ready.

Angel looked down and sighed when he had no choice but to fight against the people of his own homeland. His heart ached but no matter how hurt he was, he had to do it... he had to protect Euphorion.
"Flare! Gale!" he ordered.

After hearing his order, Gale quickly raised his two fingers, ordering the archers to get ready. While Flare raised three fingers, ordering the magic users to get ready.
"Arrow!" she commanded. The magic users prepared their Magic Arrow in confusion since, without the Magic Barrier, Asteria's poisoned arrows would easily defeat them.

General Helias waved his two fingers forward. Thousands of poisoned arrows flew towards them.

Angel extended his hand, his dark aura held all the arrows and froze them in the mid-air. The Asterian army stiffened in shock, including General Helias.
'Isn't he from the Reinheart Family? But how could he have magic power? It seems like the rumours that he's not from the royal family is true...' thought General Helias.

Meanwhile, the Euphorion army morale instantly returned upon realizing their king was only negotiating for sake of peace not because he was sure they would lose.

He raised his head, his gaze turning piercing cold as he silenced the Prince of Asteria inside him, this time he faced them as the King of Euphorion, Angelus Raizel Moonfall.

He gave them an evil smirk.
"General Helias, what a pity... You refused my offer." Then he waved his hand forward, thousands of arrows turned and flew towards the Asterian Army. At the same time, Gale and Flare also waved their hands forward, the arrows and Magic Arrows from the Euphorion army joined the poisoned arrows, making the sky in front of the Asterian army look like covered in dark clouds.

"Barrier!" General Helias commanded. In an instant, the light coming out from the magic users formed a barrier in front of the Asterian army, blocking the arrows from reaching them.

Angel looked at them with a cold stare. His hands emitted a dark aura as he let out his Demonic Arrow. Some of the black lances that were floating in the air around him began to appear and keep increasing every second until they reached hundreds. Then he moved his hand, controlling the lances towards the Asterian army.

As soon as General Helias saw the terrifying black spears flying towards them, he immediately gave orders.
"Strengthen the barrier!" The magic users quickly strengthened their Magic Barrier to hold the lances that were flying toward them.

Angel smirked again, he moved his hand and the black lances followed his hand movements, it flew around past their protective walls and attacked them from behind. Killing the magic users and archers in the back row. The Magic Barrier that protected them began to break, General Helias shocked and gave his order again.
"Charge!" he commanded as he pulled out his sword and kicked the side of his horse to advance.

23