Second Arc (His Art of War) – 17. What Are You?
896 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Arc (His Art of War) – 17. What Are You?

The sun in the sky above the Dead Forest began to drown in the Western horizon. Angel spurred his horse, followed by Frost, Flare and his army. The thick dark aura that came out of his body made the monsters around them only lurk from behind the trees or bushes and curled in fear as they passed.

They had passed through the forest for several hours, the sweat that dripped from his face getting more and more, his hands began to tremble as he continued to endure the pain that pierced his chest, suppressing the power of the crystal over him since he allowed the crystal to absorb the forest's evil atmosphere. If he kept it inside him for too long, the crystal became stronger and it would take over him completely. Slowly, the view of the dead trees around them changed into the views of cliffs and mountains, the black soil changed to ordinary soil.
"Frost, Flare lead them to the field under the cliff. We will make our camp there," ordered Angel.

"Yes, Your Majesty," they answered.

After hearing their answers, Angel swung the reins around his hand, turned his horse to the side and waited until his entire army came out of the forest. He made sure no one was left behind before he got off from his horse and extended his hand toward the forest. The dark aura came out of his hand and covered the forest, slowly the pain that pierced his chest disappeared. He lowered his hand after returning the entire evil atmosphere to the forest.
'Absorbing the whole forest's dark forces seems too much for me.'

He staggered backwards while breathing heavily, but suddenly someone was supporting him from behind.
"Your Majesty, don't overexert yourself," said Frost worriedly.

"I'm fine." He went back to his feet and returned to his horse.
"Let's go, we have to gather with the others," he said while swinging the reins around his hand and kicking the side of his horse.

Frost got back on his horse and followed him from behind, his eyes fixed on the king's back who spurred his horse in front of him. He noticed Angel's pale face and the sweat that was running down on his face.
'Your Majesty, you do not look fine to me.'

------

The sun slowly set in the western horizon, the sky at the Southern border of Asteria slowly darkened. The Euphorion army's camp was already set on the field under the cliff near the Dead Forest. Several groups of troops were seen guarding it. While the others rested and chatted near the campfires to warm themselves.

Angel sat on the edge of the cliff. His eyes looked towards the camp. It was the same cliff when Ilex executed him and the field where his troops had camped was the Whitedevil Rose field, where he died five years ago.
'It never crossed my mind. Five years ago I was slandered as a rebel, even though I did not. Now I am leading an army to attack Asteria. That makes me a real rebel.' He let out a slight bitter chuckle.
'It's really ironic... The Loyalty wielder ended up being a traitor.' He raised his head to look at the half-moon in the sky.
'If father is still alive, he would be ashamed to recognize me as his son.'

Frost's voice interrupted his thoughts.
"Your Majesty, I'm looking for you."

He turned his gaze to Frost.
"Is there something you want to report?"

"No, I'm just worried about you."

He frowned in confusion.
"Why are you worried about me?"

Frost went silent for a while, unsure of how to say it without being deemed as disrespectful, but Angel waited on him to continue to speak.

Finally, Frost opened his mouth.
"I noticed, your condition was abnormal. I can feel there are two forces fighting each other in your body. Are you really fine?"

"I'm fine. You don't need to worry," he replied casually.

Frost looked at him worriedly for a moment.
'The power inside him is not normal. I can feel he is fighting against that dark force desperately. An enormous dark force, which even we spirits cannot possibly hold to such an amount of power. But he... how could he possibly be able to hold it?'
"Your Majesty... No, Angelus Raizel, what exactly are you?" asked Frost bluntly.

Angel was shocked at Frost's blunt question, but then he let out a sigh and gave him a bitter smile.
"I don't know either." He looked at the scars on his hand.
"I once died and lived again, but I am not an undead. I have a normal human body but my regeneration, my power is not normal. Even spirits like you find me strange..."

"Is that because of your dark power?" guessed Frost.

He turned his gaze back to Frost.
"More or less."

Frost paused at Angel's answer, his worries clearly visible on his face.

Angel noticed his expression, he stood up and gave Frost a pat on his shoulder.
"You don't need to think about it. I know my limit. You don't need to worry about me."Then he walked past Frost.

"Your Majesty," said Frost.

He stopped his steps.

"You are our master. You should share your burden with us. Don't bear it yourself," continued Frost.

A smile developed on his face after hearing Frost's words.
"Thank you," he replied before he continued to walk.

21