Second Arc (His Art of War) – 94. The Kings’ Agreement II
771 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Arc (His Art of War) - 94. The Kings' Agreement II

"Eudon, have you lost your mind?" asked King Esteve in disbelief. A marriage contract was a marriage if a king took a concubine. It was a legal marriage with a certain period with legal status as husband and wife. Usually, this marriage was carried out after the king had married and appointed a queen. But Angel had never been married before and Euphorion didn't have a queen yet. On the other hand, Rose was a political prisoner and more than that, it was her family poison that destroyed Euphorion's largest trading city. Making Rose a queen was difficult because Angel was sure that all Euphorion's nobles would definitely oppose her. Even if Angel only made her his concubine it would make other noblewomen jealous. Especially after Angel's victory over three great Andromeda kingdoms.

"King Eudon, I don't think we need to go that far," said Angel. He thought King Eudon would reject his suggestion but instead, King Eudon made another crazier suggestion. Also, he wasn't sure Rose would agree to this.

"Instead of gambling on a half-baked plan we'd better put a plan that ensures our success," said King Eudon. This was a rare opportunity and he didn't want to waste it. Therefore he hoped that with this plan all the rebellion in his kingdom would be resolved. But of course, King Eudon knew the price he would have to pay would be very high, but no matter how expensive it was he had no interest in paying it with his niece.

"So, in other words, you will give Princess Rose for me?" asked Angel in disbelief. King Eudon looked so protective of her in the hall yesterday, even almost tearing up his statement letter when Angel wanted to bring Rose to Euphorion. Of course, he couldn't believe this just like that.

"Of course not. This marriage is only valid for half a year. And during that time, you shouldn't touch her or have intercourse like a husband and wife," said King Eudon.

Angel let out a slight chuckle. 

"You want to make a king's wedding as a play?" Then his eyes glared on King Eudon. 

"Are you trying to play with me?"

“I will exchange it for the Heart Family's secret poison,” said King Eudon suddenly. He knew he had taken reckless steps, but this was his best chance to end the rebellion that had struck his kingdom for generations.

Angel and King Esteve were silent in shock, not expecting him to offer the poison in their negotiation.

"Eudon ... I think you crossed the line," said King Esteve in a low voice. His worry was heard in his voice. Euphorion was the strongest kingdom on the Andromeda Continent now, if the Heart family gave the family poison to Angel then no one could defeat Euphorion.

"Are you sure about your decision?" asked Angel. This plan would be difficult but he had witnessed the Heart Family's poison ferocity, of course, he was interested to have it. In an emergency, he could use it to win the war easily besides that poison would make the other kingdoms think twice if they wanted to attack Euphorion.

"Yes. As long as you keep your promise I will keep my promise," said King Eudon.

Hearing King Eudon's reckless decision, King Esteve made up his mind. 

"In that case, I also want to propose an agreement."

"Say it," said Angel.

"I want to propose Draconis as a peaceful territory. I don't want my kingdom to be involved in the war or be forced to help Euphorion to fight. Also, I want to ask for protection so Euphorion will not use the poison on my kingdom. If Draconis has something that violates our agreement, I hope we can solve it diplomatically, "said King Esteve. He had to make sure the poison wasn't used to attack his kingdom or kill his people.

"Then what do I get from this agreement?" said Angel.

"As long as you won't attack us. I will help you stabilize your authority over Draconis, including convincing the nobles." This was also a desperate thing that King Esteve did to ensure his kingdom peace since this means he was willing to share his power over Draconis with Angel. But sooner or later Angel had to stabilize his power over Draconis. Instead of letting Angel stabilize it by force, it would be better to help him while King Esteve could ensure that all the nobles remained loyal to him.

Angel deep in thought, this was an interesting agreement for him since it meant he did not need extra energy to stabilize his authority in Draconis. 

"Very well, but on the condition, I will ask your responsibility for any attacks from your kingdom. But of course, I will investigate it first and use diplomatic means to solve the problem. But if you can not handle it, I will solve it my way. "

"Deal," said King Esteve without hesitation.

Angel turned his gaze to King Eudon. 

"Now about our agreement. Tell me what your plan is?"

16