Second Arc (His Art of War) – 101. Theatre’s Play II
756 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Arc (His Art of War) - 101. Theatre's Play II

After hearing Angel's words, they lowered their head politely as a sense of happiness began to develop in their hearts.

"Your Majesty, from what I know, Prince Ilex and Princess Rose have a close relationship since Her Highness attended the Peace Alliance Meeting five years ago. Prince Ilex has never visited this castle in person since they wanted to avoid rumours. But some witnesses said Prince Ilex was going to Zephyrus to meet her outside the castle quite often. " Then Duke Bartlet leaned towards Angel as if he wanted to tell him a secret.

"I heard King Eudon's decision about his poison has something to do with Princess Rose and Prince Ilex's secret relationship." Duke Bartlet told his lies freely since there was no one except three of them there.

Ivetta gasped, pretending to be startled.

"Are you sure about that? Why does Princess Rose never say anything to me?"

Duke Bartlet turned to Ivetta and shook his head.

"Lady Ivetta, you are too naive. Even though you are very close to the princess, but she is from a royal family. She won't tell you everything. I also wouldn't know about this if I didn't spread my informers throughout Zephyrus." Duke Bartlet sighed and returned his gaze to Angel who was staring at them with an unchanging expression.

"Actually I don't want to tell you about this either because it's about Zephyrus royal family's secret. But I think you will find out about this sooner or later."

"That's weird," said Angel casually.

“Weird?” asked Duke Bartlet in confusion. He was sure his lie was perfect.

"Princess Rose and Prince Ilex have equal status. Why do they need to hide their relationship? Why should they be afraid of rumours?" asked Angel.

They fell silent as their brains tried to find an excuse. They only concentrated on leading Angel's opinion about King Eudon's decision but didn't think Angel would ask about Rose and Ilex's relationship deeper. After a short pause, Duke Bartlet finally answered.

"I don't know about their reason, Your Majesty. But I guess it has something to do with Asterian aristocracy."

Angel let out a cynical chuckle.

"Duke Bartlet, did you forget that I came from Asteria? Asteria's nobles never meddled about the royal family's private affair as long as it is beneficial for them. What made you think of that?"

Duke Bartlet's hands started to sweat in anxiety since he said the wrong reason. Then he lowered his head.

"It was all just my guess, Your Majesty. Forgive me if I was wrong."

"Then does that mean Princess Rose and Prince Ilex don't have any relationship?" said Angel again. He had to make them believe that he was really interested in Rose.

"I think the rumours regarding their relationship are true, Your Majesty. Otherwise, Prince Ilex wouldn't send his troops to help Princess Rose in the Slyhelm Town rebellion a few months ago," said Duke Bartlet again.

"I've heard about the rumours. But didn't Lady Ivetta say that Princess Rose saved her?" asked Angel again. The more they tried to lie to him, the more they exposed their lies.

Duke Bartlet turned to Ivetta in shock, since she had not told him about what she had told Angel.

Quickly, Ivetta reasoned.

"Your Majesty, before I met Princess Rose I was locked up together with the others. I don't know what was going on out there. I did see Asteria's signal, but at that time I was too panicked and scared, so I didn't ask anything more. "

He sighed in disappointment.

"If your information is only based on rumours—" He looked at them sharply.

"I am not interested."

They held their breath as Angel said it.

"I am different from King Eudon who may still believe in rumours like that. For me, news without clear evidence is nonsense," said Angel in a firm tone.

Duke Bartlet started clenching his fists in annoyance since Angel was even more stubborn than he thought. But Ivetta quickly covered him up.

"If you give me permission to seek more evidence, I can prove it, Your Majesty," said Ivetta.

"Princess Rose is no longer here and I have ordered my general to search her room and found nothing. How do you prove it?" said Angel with a smirk.

Ivetta lowered her head again.

"I have my own way, Your Majesty. To be sure I will give the evidence to you as soon as I get it."

"Fine, I will look forward to it."

14