Second Arc (His Art of War) – 103. Two plans
738 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Arc (His Art of War) - 103. Two plans

As soon as Angel walked out of the room, Duke Bartlet turned to Ivetta in anger.

"Foolish! You almost ruined our plan! How could you say that to him?!" Even though his anger was clear from his tone, he kept it in a low voice.

Ivetta turned to Duke Bartlet and gave him the same gaze.

"Shut your mouth! He is the key to our victory. If Rose gets him, we will be destroyed! We have to get his support no matter what!" replied Ivetta in anger. But like Duke Bartlet, she kept her voice low.

"Hmph! Don't you remember five years ago? When you were expecting Prince Ilex's help? You also said the same thing!" Duke Bartlet opened his hands in annoyance, his eyes glowering at Ivetta.

"Then what did we get from that? Nothing!"

"I admit that decision was wrong but it's not entirely my fault! The war between Asteria and Euphorion is beyond our plans, even the whole of Andromeda didn't expect that!" Ivetta defended herself. Their attack had failed. It would take years to rebuild what they had lost and she couldn't wait that long. Therefore, she had to get Angel and use him to destroy the Heart family.

Duke Bartlet pointed to the door in a rage.

"What do you expect from him ?! It's so obvious he's interested in Princess Rose! You won't get a chance to approach him!"

"Their relationship hasn't started yet! We can separate them and make them kill each other!" Ivetta turned her gaze forward with a gaze full of hatred.

"Or we can kill Rose before she gets to Euphorion," she said in a calmer voice.

Duke Bartlet snorted in annoyance.

"Instead of killing Princess Rose, shouldn't we get rid of that mad king? He's more dangerous than Princess Rose and King Eudon."

Ivetta's gaze returned to Duke Bartlet and gave him a condescending gaze.

"Are you crazy or are you tired of living? He broke through Zephyrus' border and entered Ironwall City without a single notice! Do you think you can kill him that easily ?!"

Duke Bartlet replied with the same gaze.

"He was lucky because he attacked at the same time as us. Our troops were working hard to take the capital while he just took our results and claimed it as his victory!"

Ivetta let out a short condescending chuckle.

"Then are you also trying to say that he could take down Asteria and Draconis out of luck?" she said in a cynical tone.

Duke Bartlet averted his gaze from Ivetta as his eyes moved in bewilderment.

"Maybe ..." He knew that possibility was small but he could see that Angel was very dangerous.

Again, a short condescending breath escaped from Ivetta's mouth.

"Very funny, Duke Bartlet. Did your intelligence disappear after our last defeat?"

Upon her mockery, Duke Bartlet glared at Ivetta once again.

"I said maybe. We don't know how he could take Asteria because King Gervis covered it up. Whereas we don't know how he took Draconis in such a short time." He shifted his gaze and gritted his teeth.

"Maybe this has something to do with his dark powers. I think this is the reason why King Gervis considered him a fake five years ago. Because he is not a Reinheart but a dark magic-user."

"Do you think I care?" said Ivetta in an indifferent tone. Then she smirked.

"A dark magic-user or not. As long as he is useful to me and can give me power I will use him."

"Ivetta! He's dangerous! Dark magic users are only born to kill! He will only bring calamity wherever he goes! He only brings disaster to us!" Duke Bartlet warned.

"It's just an old myth. All I know, he is the key to our victory!" retorted Ivetta.

"You really are stubborn!" Duke Bartlet's voice rose.

"Stubborn?" Ivetta snorted in arrogance.

"Fine, I have an idea. How about we prove whose plan will work?" she challenged.

"What do you mean?" said Duke Bartlet in a calmer voice.

"You do your plan and I will do mine. Whoever succeeds will become the King of Zephyrus and if one of us gets caught, he'll have to suicide," Ivetta explained with a smirk. She knew she couldn't go any further with Duke Bartlet.

"Do you want to compete with me?" Duke Bartlet made sure.

"Yes. But remember, we must not interfere with each other's plans," Ivetta reminded, even though they were competing, they had the same enemies and goals.

Duke Bartlet fell silent. Actually, he didn't like this because Ivetta was the 'eye' for the rebels, but after thinking for a while he finally agreed.

"Very well." He made this decision because Ivetta's source of information, Princess Rose had left and King Eudon would be busier taking care of Zephyrus. Meanwhile, Angel was not interested in Ivetta. Of course, this would be an easy win for him.

"Good. Then we start from the nobles meeting," said Ivetta.

15