Second Arc (His Art of War) – 107. The Rebel’s Plan
731 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Arc (His Art of War) - 107. The Rebel's Plan

Meanwhile, a snow owl flapped its wings across the clear Zephyrus sky toward a route to the Southeast Zephyrus border. The bird's eyes looked down for its target among the dense trees in a forest a hundred miles from Ironwall City. And began to descend when it saw a red royal carriage followed by a platoon Euphorion cavalry led by a black-haired female general.

Sensing Frost's magic power, Flare looked up, her hand extended to her side without stopping her horse. The bird landed on her hand and shattered into shards of light. A message entered her head.
'The rebels have taken Your Majesty's bait. They will attack Princess Rose. Be careful. '

A smirk formed on her face since it means Angel's plan worked. She raised her two fingers which were half bent as if showing eyes. Then moved her index finger in circling motion, indicating the surroundings. A gesture that ordered her troops to be careful around them. Which was answered by a nod.

Flare returned her hand to the reins and turned her gaze forward. To be honest, she was not surprised when Angel decided to use himself as bait, considering how Angel seized Euphorion's throne alone. But she did not expect that Angel also used Rose as bait, especially after she clearly saw that both of them had the same feelings for each other as well as how Angel spared Rose's life even though she had tried to kill him. But even with his decision, Angel sent Flare to accompany Rose and asked Flare to send a message to him if there was something beyond her control, even leaving Rose's weapon with her, proving that Angel was very worried about Rose. It was just... like what had been embedded in Angel for a long time, he always put his kingdom interests ahead of his personal feelings. Flare's mind wondered, would that cold-hearted king who was always thinking about his duty ever give up at that reckless and stubborn princess?

Flare glanced at the carriage behind her.
'Looks like it will get more and more interesting.'

Inside the carriage, Rose sat silently with her eyes staring out the window without enthusiasm. But then, she noticed nods from the surrounding cavalry.
'What is that?' She looked forward, trying to see what Flare was ordering. Because she knew orders with gestures were military orders in war or battle, which meant that something was going to happen.
'Were they ordered to kill me?' thought Rose, but it didn't make any sense. Why did Angel have to kill her secretly, when he had a clear reason to execute her yesterday.

She was silent, her eyes staring at the surrounding forest in caution. Another thought crossed her head, as Angel's question last night repeated in her head. She realized, although last night they ended up confessing their feelings to each other, Angel's purpose was to find out more about the rebels. Rose clenched her hands.
'Could it be that yesterday's rebellion wasn't over? And now they are after me ... '

This was worse than she thought because she didn't have her weapon and wasn't with her knights or Zephyrus troops. Although she was sure that Flare and her troops would protect her, she couldn't trust them.
'I have to do something.' She knew running away unarmed at a time like this would be foolish because not only the rebels but she could die from monster's attack. A thought crossed her head.
'Maybe I can pick up a weapon in the next town.' Then she remembered Angel's letter to Frost and Flare last night as well as Angel's behaviour this morning.
'Angelus , what are you planning to do ... '

------

In Slyhelm Town, the rebels also get a Magic Messenger from Ivetta.
'Kill Princess Rose before she reaches Euphorion. Do it quietly and be careful with General Flare. '

The rebels exchanged glances.
"We can't possibly fight a general, let alone this is General Flare of Euphorion."

"That's why Lady Ivetta asked us to be careful with her, not asking us to kill her."

"So what's your plan? Should we ambush them in the forest?"

The rebel leader smirked.
"No, we'll assassinate the princess in the next town."

"Are you sure? The princess can fight well, killing her is not that easy."

"She is Euphorion's political prisoner now, she won't carry her weapon with her. Besides, we can take advantage of her weakness to ambush her," said the rebel leader.

"What do you mean?" asked the others in confusion.

"The princess can do anything for her people even willing to sacrifice her life. Isn't that a stupid weakness?" said the rebel leader with a sly smile.

A sly smile also appeared on the others' faces.
"When are we going to carry out that plan?"

"Tonight."

"We understand. We will prepare some hostages."

12