Second Arc (His Art of War) – 112. Chaotic Meeting IV
721 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Arc (His Art of War) - 112. Chaotic Meeting IV

As soon as Angel and Frost closed the door, King Eudon began to speak.
"Do you have anything to say?" Even though he was upset, he kept his composure.

The nobles did not answer, that room was filled with awkward silence. They didn't expect Angel to let King Eudon take over the meeting after he left. But despite what the rebels had said and how some of them tried to bring down King Eudon, there was no fear in their faces or eyes. They knew Angel had taken over all of Zephyrus' military power. General Ferand, King Eudon's trusted General, was dead while the other Generals were not in the capital. In addition, Rose had gone to Euphorion. At present, even though King Eudon still held his status as a king, as Zephyrus' ruler, he had no power at all, his position was mere empty status. They only feared Angel in this place, even General Frost's position was higher in their eyes compared to King Eudon.

Meanwhile for the Heart Family's supporters, though they still supported King Eudon's position for the sake of Zephyrus peace and the aristocracy's stability, they were clearly aware that King Eudon had lost his authority.

"I've been doing my best for Zephyrus, yet you betrayed me and you want to overthrow me. Aren't you ashamed of it?" said King Eudon in a formal voice. His anger was already on top of his head, but he still had to keep his composure.

"Forgive us, Your Majesty. But we can not contain our disappointment over your decision that led to this war. To be honest, we are the ones who feel like being betrayed by your one-sided decision," said Marquess Digory without shame, though he had tried to tarnish King Eudon's reputation.

"How funny, Marquess Digory. I have said that it's because a third party is trying to take advantage of this. But you didn't even ask about it," replied King Eudon.

"May I know who they are, Your Majesty," asked another noble.

"The rebels, of course," said King Eudon. Even though Asteria was the one who got Zephyrus involved in this war, he and Angel decided to put the blame on the rebels. There were two reasons why they did it, the first was to provoke the rebels and the second was to prevent a new war between Zephyrus and Asteria. This was also done to avoid discrimination for Asteria merchants who lived in Zephyrus.

"Wha--" Some of the rebels couldn't accept that slander, but they swallowed their irritation since if they got angry then the other nobles would realize their identity.

Meanwhile, the other nobles whispered to each other after hearing this confession.

Seeing that his friends had almost lost their composure, Duke Bartlet decided to start his acting.
"I know it!" he said with an irritated grunt. Then he turned to King Eudon.
"Your Majesty, allow me to help you take care of those rebels. They are the ones who must be eliminated from Zephyrus!"

"So it is with me, Your Majesty," said Ivetta. Then she bowed politely.
"My father gave his life to protect the Heart Family. I don't mind doing the same as him." She deliberately brought her father's name to remind King Eudon of her family's merits.

Meanwhile, the other rebels quickly caught Duke Bartlet and Ivetta's intention that their attitude had crossed the line, almost exposing their disguises.

Marquess Digory sighed, pretending to be sorry.
"I didn't know that the rebels were involved in this matter. It is more complicated than I thought."

“The war between Zephyrus and Euphorion is certainly in their favour. How come I never thought of this before,” muttered Viscount Gilbert. His voice was too loud for a mumble since he had intended to let everyone hear it.

"I think rather than fighting each other we have to help the king to solve this problem," said Ivetta calmly, as if she was on King Eudon's side.

"I agree," said Duke Bartlet. To assassinate King Eudon easier, Duke Bartlet had to approach him first and pretend he was King Eudon's ally.

Then one by one the noble who had been bad mouthing King Eudon stood up from their chairs and bowed.
"I hope you could forgive our foolishness and our words, Your Majesty."

King Eudon sighed since he didn't expect his last bait to fail. Angel deliberately left him alone and made him say that, so the rebels who had lost their temper would attack him. While the elite Euphorion troops were ready in the room to finish them off. Unfortunately, Duke Bartlet and Ivetta's words calmed them down.
"I hope you don't repeat it again," said King Eudon. Then he got up from his chair.

"Our meeting ends here." Since this bait failed there was no other reason to keep them here any longer.

Like before, they bowed and King Eudon walked towards the exit.
'All the bait has been thrown I just have to wait for the results,' thought King Eudon.

14