Second Arc (His Art of War) – 152. The Princess in The Enemy’s Castle
1.1k 9 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Arc (His Art of War) - 152. The Princess in The Enemy's Castle

The morning sun over Luminus City, Euphorion looked bright with a few clouds covering it and the city looked busier than usual. Happy faces adorned the civilians. Some of them chatted in excitement with one other. Their topic was about their King's victories over the other three kingdoms, Asteria, Draconis and Zephyrus. Although some of them were worried that Angel's actions would bring new calamity to Euphorion, considering that with Angel's dark power, other kingdoms could accuse him as the new dark king and remembering the Reinheart Family was the holy knight descendant, Angel managed to give them strong evidence to the other kingdoms that he did it because Asteria had attacked Euphorion first. Moreover, Angel did not kill any of the royal family, but only stripped their military power and tied them with the new agreement that he had the right to execute them if they tried to kill him or attack Euphorion again. So the other kingdoms had no reason to attack Euphorion or say he wanted the war. Also, he managed to bring Princess Rose of Zephyrus as his political prisoner to Euphorion as a guarantee that the Pearl Gate City's incident would not happen again.

Meanwhile, White Moon Castle looked busy since the sun began to rise. The servants were decorating the main hall and rolling out the red carpet to the front of the castle gates. Chancellor Allan, assisted by Cley, also looked busy managing it all. While the finance minister was preparing the financial statements for Angel after making sure all Zephyrus' compensation that just came yesterday matched the list.

Amongst that busy state, in one of the guest rooms, Rose sat in front of her dressing table. She was already in her formal dress, but instead of the red formal dress which showed she was a Zephyrus, she wore a dress with warm and natural colours like an ordinary noble. Her eyes looked at her reflection as a maid combed her hair. It had been more than a month since she arrived at White Moon Castle. She thought she would be greeted badly, but she was wrong. Everyone treated her well for a political prisoner like her. Discordant voices and unpleasant whispers sometimes passed her ears, but they usually didn't say much and never said anything in front of her. Since this also often happened in Zephyrus so she simply ignored it.

There was nothing much she could do in that place since the six female knights who were guarding her in turn were always watching her for twenty-four hours. They also had permission to follow her anywhere, including the bathroom and her room, so she didn't have any personal space anymore. Although it was very annoying, she could understand since she was an important hostage to Euphorion so Angel had to do such an extreme measure to ensure her safety. Since either someone from the castle tried to kill her or she died by suicide, then Euphorion would be the one to blame. But other than safety reasons, the knights weren't too formal with her. Even Rose often chatted with them when she was bored.

"What do you think, Your Highness?" said the maid with a smile. Her eyes were fixed on the mirror, admiring her hard work.

Rose tilted her head from side to side to check her appearance.
"I like it. Thank you," she said with a smile. To be honest, she rarely spent time this long in front of the mirror unless she had to attend certain events. But it was different after she arrived here. Since the only member of the royal family was Angel and he never allowed the maids or servants to help him to dress or take a bath so they gave everything to Rose. Moreover, Euphorion had not had a woman as a member of the Royal family for a long time. The late King Xenos also never married, but only played with the women he liked and dumped them when he was bored.

"Shall we take a stroll, Your Highness?" asked the maid. It had become Rose's habit every morning to cure her boredom. Other than that, sometimes she asked several servants, guards, even Chancellor Allan as well as his assistants to find information about what Angel had done during his five years disappearance. And what they said was not much different from what the masked elite soldier said to her. Still, several things took her by surprise. Despite his bad reputation outside of Euphorion because he had started the war, the people of Euphorion saw him as the hero who had freed them from a cruel king. During his reign, he was able to improve the government system, strengthen his Kingdom's military power, build a lot of trading cities and reopen trade routes to other kingdoms, making Euphorion the most prosperous kingdom on the Andromeda Continent. Although Rose had heard of some of his previous achievements, all she knew was about the trading city and the trade route, who knew behind it he had other outstanding achievements.

The bad rumours about Angel also didn't last long and started to fade after Angel announced that the main cause of the war was Asteria and Zephyrus' attack on Pearl Gate City, as well as King Esteve's letter. And that came with the strong evidence.

Rose nodded her head to answer her and got up from her chair. As usual, she walked out of the room followed by her two maids and two of her knights. Rather than the garden, today Rose decided to take a walk inside the castle. She walked through the corridors and stopped to look at the main hall that was already filled with beautiful red decorations with tables and neatly arranged chairs for guests. She already knew and heard the reason why the Castle was so busy today as well as why the servants decorated the main hall. It was because Angel would arrive at Luminus City today. It was just, she did not expect it to be this grand. Rather than a welcome party, it was more like a king's wedding. But she couldn't say anything, considering Angel's victories over three kingdoms at once. Moreover, this was the first time he returned to the castle after he had been on the battlefield for months. Of course, they would celebrate his victory gloriously.

Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Patreon-members:
Vizzy, Kyusen, Argento, Great Yaso, Aubrey Powell, Yang God, Joseph, Shane Town, Iftekhar Alam, sebastien, Loki388, Russell Orr, Filip Krul, Daniel, Jaskulski, Fjiordor, TAHA, Matthew, Juan Perez, Jeffrey Iverson, Mike Steger, deskent, Donovan Longnecker, Johnny Ly, Nelodyn, Christina Dammyr, Erox, DemoniicGhost, Viviane Miranda, Yuuki Hitomi, Daniel, Azekno, IndecisiveKing, nomeacaso88, Chance Bramlett, Bas van Schoubroeck, Eric Staind, Alvin Leung, William Rodriguez, Christopher Bidwell, Rui salvaterra, Leon Zhu, D. T. Macemore, Agideon, Gregory, Smudi Corp, EESDESESESRDT, LoneWolf, Zuyao Wu, Jonathan Lamontagne, Alberto Escalera, Didrik Sagafos, Puggan Se, Daniel Cortez, Robert Pospisil, Yuffievalor, Jaycob Strunk, Grundy00, Riley, Eduardo, Od-Man, Rikashi Shiarimoto, Skyler Ting, Thevasenan Thevanesan, unknown, CopeyDunt, Hybris, Stephen White, Trevor Martinez, Logan, shawn plumley, colin love, Draxisaur4, Tobias Alkblad, JTOKING, Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah, merc8, Cameron Taylor, Joseph Bentley, Darkone33, Russell Davidson, Brandon Bradley, regenschabe, Casey E Maupin, Pedro Sousa, Bodybags87, Torrinth, Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal, Schneedrache, Anthony Gauthier, Gregory Lamberta, Alzein, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, TheBroilern, Jay Owens, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Dr.SF, Jesus Hernandez, stalin see, Mynamejeff, Jordan thompson, vokal dwayne, Tyler Potter, bloodbane 21, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, Locke039, Cragen, Dylan, Armod, Jetdy S, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Zacary Thomas Dailey, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, rusty lewis, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Maian, _Sup, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Green3000, Shae D, Kyle, Ser, Freddie, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, Haarderade, Belduim, Darth Melkor, MacZeuss, Royce321, LORD SHAXX, Ynaxir, WiseRagnar, Hollowlce, TheMightOfTheMaster, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, saganatsu and I like books

Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to click ❤️

My Patreon-page 
My ko-fi page

My Discord

 


26