Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 7. Surprise Gift
916 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 7. Surprise Gift

Nearly half an hour passed, Claire and the others waited in the front of the room anxiously along with the maids and servants. They hadn't dared to enter the room since Angel had not asked them to enter. Especially after they saw what had happened before. They couldn't deny, this was a great thing since Angel had never been in a private conversation this long with a woman before. Even though they knew this was a political marriage, his gesture showed something else. And this was good news for Euphorion.

As they waited, the maids whispered to one another. Although their curiosity was evident on their faces, their smiles were also on their lips.
"I think His Majesty has fallen in love with Princess Rose," said a maid.

"Yes, I'm sure of it! Can't you see how he treats her?" another answered.

"Who knew that Zephyrus' princess could melt His Majesty's heart so quickly?"

"Can you imagine the noble women's faces? They will be disappointed at this," said another with a giggle.

"Instead of other noble women, try to imagine Lady Belle's face. She has been in love with His Majesty for a long time yet another woman snatched him away from her," added another. With her father's position as one of the most influential Dukes in Euphorion and her position as the closest noble woman to Angel, everyone was quite sure that Angel did not marry because he waited for Lady Belle to turn twenty-one. Moreover, the incidents when Angel saved Lady Belle from the monster and King Xenos five years ago were always considered as proof of his love for her. Even before, they believed Angel only married Rose for political reasons and he had no feelings for her. But who knew the fact proved something else.

They had heard rumours of how Angel had a private chat with Rose at Scarlet Stone Castle, but they thought it was just an exaggerated rumour. After seeing this incident they were sure it was all true. Who would have thought, a woman from a foreign kingdom could sneak up and win his heart this fast.

The crowd and their murmurs caught Chancellor Allan and Cley's attention. They were about to walk to the king's study room to drop their reports after making sure everything was going well when both of them passed the crowd. They approached the crowd and decided to ask what happened.

Claire and the others bowed as soon as they approached.
"Your Grace," they greeted.

"What happened?" asked Chancellor Allan straight to the point in confusion. He knew, according to the schedule, Angel and Rose were supposed to try on their clothes in this room, but why Claire and the others were waiting in the front of the room.

They exchanged glances, at a loss to explain it.

Chancellor Allan frowned at them, it was unusual that they didn't answer his question.
"Speak up."

Finally one of the servants tried to explain.
"It's His Majesty... He---He..." He finally fell silent again since he didn't know whether he could say this to the others or not.

"His Majesty asked for a private chat with Princess Rose, Your Grace," said Claire.

And Cley immediately responded.
"Wait! What?! His Majesty is having a private chat with that princess right now?!" he said in surprise. He knew Angel well and he knew Angel did everything based on political interests and always kept his distance from all women. So a private chat with a woman was already an unusual thing for him.

Claire turned to Cley and gave him a triumphant smile since this signalled that her plan to make this 'fake' marriage as a real marriage worked.
"You heard right. His Majesty is having a private chat with Princess Rose. He wants to know her better before their wedding tomorrow."

Cley stifled a laugh.
"Pffttt! I bet His Majesty is only talking about politic----" But then Cley's words stopped as he could feel Chancellor Allan's sharp gaze, warning him of his manners. He pressed his lips awkwardly.
"Uh... Um... Or something like that." He returned his gaze to Claire and the others, seeking approval of his words. Unfortunately, the maids and the servants as well as the Royal Tailor responded with a 'no' shake head.

"So it's a real thing?" said Cley in disbelief.

"It's a real thing, Cley," said Claire triumphantly.

"That's good news then," said Chancellor Allan with a satisfied smile, although he was a little disappointed since his attempts to introduce Euphorion's noble women ended up in vain. Actually, he preferred if Angel married a Euphorion's noble woman as his first wife, preferably from his family. Unfortunately, Chancellor Allan did not have a daughter and his sibling's children were either not old enough to get married or were already married. Although he could say that Angel's best candidate was his best friend's daughter, Lady Belle, Duke Nicolin's daughter, everything went back to Angel and he would support Angel since his main goal was so Angel could have a successor faster, a boy who they could groom from his early age to be the future King of Euphorion.

Seeing Chancellor Allan's reaction, Claire took the opportunity to give him her idea.
"But I think we need to give His Majesty a hand for his special night." Her idea was greeted with the maids' giggles.

"What do you mean?" asked Chancellor Allan.

"I think we should prepare a special dress for Her Highness," she said. Since Angel didn't make any order about this, they could use this opportunity to prepare their special gift for that royal couple.

Again, Cley held back his laughter.
"Pffttt! What a stupid idea!" he scoffed.

But Chancellor Allan thought another way.
"Tell me more," he said.

Those words made Cley turn to Chancellor Allan with his eyes wide in shock and jaw open. And Claire immediately told him her idea.

Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Special thanks for July's Sugar Daddy: Darkone33

Patreon-members:
Enrique, Brian Tate, Francis Côté , Nemorus, lucas rodger, Sköll, tekdry25, Jeanpierre-Gabriel Ivanic, Jonathan Guedes, Iovac, Champion, banaantjexx164, Austinhym, Thomas Plé, Salim, Quentin Montoya, Mads Burckhardt Jensen, Adam, Armando López Marrero, IllusiveTaipan, Claude, AmigoImaginário, Baggas Agusta, Ddraig Wynn, Jeremy Hill, Daniel Zilberstein, BAGGAS FARIEL AGUSTA, Noah Perry,Rokatsa, Kyle Ricks, Rusted, joan corado, Ashlund mcconville, Mitanshu Pandya, jarian johnston, Chris, Majorana, Jonathan Flook, Dragon Empryean Shadowless, Nicholas Boyland, jon dumey, c d, Black, Rubra, (No name), BinRasas, Dillon Cowan, Daniel Hex, Julien Fellegara, TheManBrownie, Shane Town, Joseph, Yang God Translations, Great Yaso, Kyusen, Vizzy, Daniel Jaskulski, Fjiordor, TAHA, Matthew, Jeffrey Iverson, Mike Steger, deskent, Donovan Longnecker, Nelodyn, Christina Dammyr, Erox, DemoniicGhost, Yuuki Hitomi, Iftekhar Alam, Azekno, IndecisiveKing, nomeacaso88, Chance Bramlett, Bas van Schoubroeck, Eric Staind, Alvin Leung, William Rodriguez, Christopher Bidwell, Rui salvaterra,vLeon Zhu, D. T. Macemore, Agideon, Gregor, Smudi Corp, EESDESESESRDT, LoneWolf, Zuyao Wu, Jonathan Lamontagne, Alberto Escalera, Didrik Sagafos, Puggan Se, Daniel Cortez, Robert Pospisil, Yuffievalor, Grundy00, Riley, Eduardo, Od-Man, Rikashi Shiarimoto, Skyler Ting, Thevasenan Thevanesan, unknown, CopeyDunt, Hybris, Stephen White, Trevor Martinez, Logan, shawn plumley, colin love, Draxisaur4, Tobias Alkblad, JTOKING, Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah, merc8, Cameron Taylor, Sentinel, Russell Davidson, regenschabe, Casey E Maupin, Pedro Sousa, Bodybags87, Torrinth, Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal, Schneedrache, Zero_deaths, Anthony Gauthier, Gregory Lamberta, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, TheBroilern, Loki388, Prognastat, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Jesus Hernandez, stalin see, Mynamejeff, Jordan thompson, vokal dwayne, Tyler Potter, bloodbane 21, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, Locke039, Cragen, Dylan, Armod, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Maian, _Sup, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi,Grangel, Green3000, Shae D, Kyle, Freddie, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, Haarderade, Belduim, Darth Melkor, MacZeuss, LORD SHAXX, Ynaxir, WiseRagnar, EL0C, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, and saganatsu

Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to click ❤️

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

 


25